What beside faith is needed for salvation?

I will never again accept the lies of the RCC about Mary.
2 But there were also false prophets among the people,​
just as there will be false teachers among you.​
They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them​
bringing swift destruction on themselves.​
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.​
3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.​
NIV​

so balshan; are you saying you will not accept all these fabricated stories. about Mary ??
just asking

2 But there were also false prophets among the people,​
just as there will be false teachers among you.​
They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them​
bringing swift destruction on themselves.​
2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.​
3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.​
NIV​

so balshan; are you saying you will not accept all these fabricated stories. about Mary ??
just asking
That is what I said. If they are lies then they are not the truth. I was brought up on the Marian doctrines but when I read scriptures I saw they were not real. Fairy tales are for children, not for real believers and followers of Jesus.

All Catholics,it seems, say we are not saved by faith alone because the word "alone" is not attached to faith in scripture. So could Catholics enlighten us and list what else besides faith is needed. Please provide the references for each item needed for salvation. Thanks.
Well as a NC you should be concerned that faith alone is not taught in the bible. That is the issue.

Faith is not some kind of accomplishment that God rewards with salvation. In that case, faith would be a meritorious work, which is a perversion of the Gospel. It is through faith that we receive His grace and salvific work. Your answer to the question "How do I know that I am saved?" should not be "Because I" but "Because He".
By
Well as a NC you should be concerned that faith alone is not taught in the bible. That is the issue.
The very lie that makes your church apostate, and that is the very thing you cling to. May God have mercy on your soul!

You should be concerned. You claim bible alone yet the bible does not teach this.
Mark 1:15....John 3:15, 16, 18,
John 5: 24, 38, 6:39-40, 8:25, 11:25-26, 12:36, 16:27, 17:20, 20:29,
Acts 10:43, 13:38-39, 15:8-9, 16:30-31, Rom 3:22-22, 25, 1:16-17, 3:28, 4:3 5,9,11,16,24. 5:1, 10:10,
1Cor 1:21
2Cor. 1:9
Gal. 2:16, 3:2,5,8,9,11,14,22, 5:5
Eph 2:8-9, 3:17
Phil 3:3,9
1 Thes 2:13
2 Thes 1:10, 2:13
1 Tim 1:4,16, 3:15
Heb. 6:1, 10:39, chapter 11
1 Pet 1:9
Those may not be all.
And there are more in the old testament.
And before you say it is not faith alone, what in these verses add anything to faith or believe?

Mark 1:15....John 3:15, 16, 18,
John 5: 24, 38, 6:39-40, 8:25, 11:25-26, 12:36, 16:27, 17:20, 20:29,
Acts 10:43, 13:38-39, 15:8-9, 16:30-31, Rom 3:22-22, 25, 1:16-17, 3:28, 4:3 5,9,11,16,24. 5:1, 10:10,
1Cor 1:21
2Cor. 1:9
Gal. 2:16, 3:2,5,8,9,11,14,22, 5:5
Eph 2:8-9, 3:17
Phil 3:3,9
1 Thes 2:13
2 Thes 1:10, 2:13
1 Tim 1:4,16, 3:15
Heb. 6:1, 10:39, chapter 11
1 Pet 1:9
Those may not be all.
And there are more in the old testament.
And before you say it is not faith alone, what in these verses add anything to faith or believe?
Not one of these say bible or faith ALONE. Not a one. it shouldn't be difficult. just produce what you demand of Catholics.

Last edited:
All Catholics,it seems, say we are not saved by faith alone because the word "alone" is not attached to faith in scripture. So could Catholics enlighten us and list what else besides faith is needed. Please provide the references for each item needed for salvation. Thanks.
Catholics do not believe faith alone is salvific because faith is accompanied by hope and charity.

JoeT

bluedog1us said:
Catholics do not believe faith alone is salvific because faith is accompanied by hope and charity.

JoeT
iow, you can't do what is asked for in the post you quoted. all you can do is parrot words of the rcc men.

Catholics do not believe God's word.

wrong again! without faith in HIM alone one has no hope or 'charity' (of Him). catholic 'hope and charity' is of and in the rcc men, not Christ.
That's funny "faith alone" doesn't appear anywhere in Scripture? Do you think Jerome just left off the "alone" part. In fact, Scripture Alone says;

"What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him?" [James 2:14]. Here you have faith and works. What do you make of that?

What is faith? Does God input faith, and if he dose where does? Does he dub you "faith"? I don't think any of the the Early Church Fathers ever said "faith alone".

There's is nothing that stands alone, faith isn't inputted, it can be out-putted but not inputted.

JoeT

Back