What beside faith is needed for salvation?

NO, you love the word ALONE. YOU do, it is your doctrine. Sola fide, Sola Scriptura. Why be bothered by it?

If you have ONLY faith, You have nothing as the bible says. Even the devils believe. but of course, a NC will add, but do they trust, do they love, do they etc etc etc.... Well wait a minute. I thought it was only faith. You mean there is more? lol.
satan believes in His existence. without heart belief in Him one is not saved. the hearts of catholics are in bondage to the rcc, not to Christ.

you argue against God's word.

What does the bible say? It does not say by faith ALONE. where is the verse? faith ALONE. nothing else. no love, no repentance, no obedience, where is the word ALONE?
Instead of fretting and whining about where the word "alone" is, why not move forward and take notice of the fact that the essential thought in 'repentance' and 'faith' is that of "turning." 'Repentance' is turning from sin, while 'faith' is turning to Jesus Christ. The result is self-surrender and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Maybe you are not ready to make that commitment at this time. But the guilty sinner turns from all sin and yields his or her will to Jesus Christ, and places their trust in Him as their Saviour.

Instead of fretting and whining about where the word "alone" is, why not move forward and take notice of the fact that the essential thought in 'repentance' and 'faith' is that of "turning." 'Repentance' is turning from sin, while 'faith' is turning to Jesus Christ. The result is self-surrender and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Maybe you are not ready to make that commitment at this time. But the guilty sinner turns from all sin and yields his or her will to Jesus Christ, and places their trust in Him as their Saviour.
Yep right once again.

NO, you love the word ALONE. YOU do, it is your doctrine. Sola fide, Sola Scriptura. Why be bothered by it?

If you have ONLY faith, You have nothing as the bible says. Even the devils believe. but of course, a NC will add, but do they trust, do they love, do they etc etc etc.... Well wait a minute. I thought it was only faith. You mean there is more? lol.
Despite all your ignorant accusations, no true Christ-following Christian discounts the importance of living a holy life after freely receiving the gift of salvation. The person who truly becomes a Christian will live a holy life, for salvation involves the reversing of their way of living. It is not only the deliverance from the guilt of sin but also from the power of sin. It includes sanctification. In salvation we are restored to that original purpose for which we were created, to be under the authority and rule of God, to live for His will and glory.

Last edited:
How many times have those verses been posted on here? And you still don't believe them. We can post them, and explain them, as we have dozens of times. But we can't understand them for you.
Blessings8 seems to like to focus on one word. I highly doubt that the RCC has extensively taught their followers the 'scriptural' word, and meaning of the word: "Justification." Perhaps she will seek the Holy Spirit's help to understand and believe in God's gift of "justification" which means 'to be declared righteous.' When God unites us to His Son, Jesus Christ, we are acquitted from condemnation under the Law of God, and the righteousness of Christ is credited to our account. Praise God!

Blessings8 seems to like to focus on one word. I highly doubt that the RCC has extensively taught their followers the 'scriptural' word, and meaning of the word: "Justification." Perhaps she will seek the Holy Spirit's help to understand and believe in God's gift of "justification" which means 'to be declared righteous.' When God unites us to His Son, Jesus Christ, we are acquitted from condemnation under the Law of God, and the righteousness of Christ is credited to our account. Praise God!
Yep. It means " just as if I had never sinned." It doesn't mean only not guilty. Because one deemed not guilty still may have a stigma of doubt in some people's mind. But justified means there is no sin, and never was sin. Our sins are completely wiped clean and God remembers them no more.

Blessings8 seems to like to focus on one word. I highly doubt that the RCC has extensively taught their followers the 'scriptural' word, and meaning of the word: "Justification."
As I understand it, the RCC mixes the concept of "justification" and "sanctification" together.

I just bought a car with cash. According to the RCC confusion, it is not mine until it is washed. Then if it gets dirty again, it is not mine until I clean it again! This on-again, off-again situation continues until the car dies. ?

This mixture and redefinition of terms is a cause of RCs here sounding confused – short of wading through millennia of writings in various languages (and trying to find some official to verify that their understanding is correct), there is (AFAIK) no formal teaching mechanism for the laity.

--Rich

As I understand it, the RCC mixes the concept of "justification" and "sanctification" together.

I just bought a car with cash. According to the RCC confusion, it is not mine until it is washed. Then if it gets dirty again, it is not mine until I clean it again! This on-again, off-again situation continues until the car dies. ?

This mixture and redefinition of terms is a cause of RCs here sounding confused – short of wading through millennia of writings in various languages (and trying to find some official to verify that their understanding is correct), there is (AFAIK) no formal teaching mechanism for the laity.

--Rich
Yes the put justification last. And that is where the problem comes in.

In its proper context, it is a powerful word. If we say that we are justified by faith alone, then it means that our justification is to 0% due to our own works and merits. But we are simultaneously saying that it is to 100% due to the works and merits of our Savior. He is our righteousness (1 Cor. 1:30).
Then 100% of the people are saved. Great news!

Back