What beside faith is needed for salvation?

No contradictions. "You see that man is justified by works and not only by faith." James does not deny that Abraham was justified by faith long before the Mount Moriah episode. He affirms it.
Faith and obedience. Not by faith ALONE.

what race?
2 Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day–and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

2 Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day–and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
yep. what race did he run?

what does it say then?
I am sure you can read for yourself.

You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. (Gal. 5:4–6)​

Those who seek to be justified by works have fallen away from grace and become alienated from Christ. We are saved through faith, the fruit of which is love.

That is for you to accept my friend. It has been laid out for you. Accept or reject. Thats is your job.
He was an apostle and a Gospel worker. That was the race of his life. There is absolutely no indication in his writings that he thought that he had worked himself to Heaven. Salvation is by grace, and if by grace, then it cannot be based on works. Because if it were, grace would no longer be grace (Rom. 11:6).

Nc's say Faith ALONE. ALONE!!! NOT Obedience. FAITH ALONE.
This is you on Weds;

Blessings8 said:
NC cherry pick all the time. Of course it is the bigger picture. And the message is not by faith Alone.

NCs do not follow the standard they demand of Catholics, you say every belief must be explicitly spelled out in the bible. BUT the Bible ALONE crew doesnt have to follow that standard.

I responded to that on Thursday because we absolutely follow that standard. My #333 was posted Thursday, its now Saturday and seems that while catholics want to say we don't follow our own rules yet when we do, its silence.

So, to answer again. What else did Jesus say saved this woman?

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

You seem to have an issue with faith alone. Okay, go for it. She was saved by faith and???

Too bad you don't spend as much time studying the Word of God as you do studying the words of men. Maybe even digging into the meaning of Greek words. Greek - such as the Codex Vaticanus was written in. ?

As an ECF wrote to an opponent, "We can both go back and forth, quoting our authorities – of which you do not recognize mine, nor I yours. Let us rather discuss the matter on common ground, that is, what does the Bible say?"

So, limit yourself to the Bible, for I do not recognize your authorities, no matter how many titles your church has awarded them. (Usually posthumously.)
As you say, RiJoRi, it is actually tragic, that Roman Catholics "don't spend as much time studying the Word of God as they do studying the words of men."

As far as Roman Catholic-ism is concerned, even their so-called 'theologians' have noted that the system of Roman Catholic-ism is not open to questions or any verification, it must simply be believed.

Such a religious system has no integrity, and those who espouse it can't live with the repercussions of their own illogic. In real-life practice a man cannot totally reject rationality, no matter how much his religious system leads him to it, unless he experiences . . . a mental breakdown of some form. As such then, Roman Catholics have been forced into an even deeper level of despair - a level of mysticism with nothing there. A great number of canonized Roman Catholic "saints" were mystics.

This is you on Weds;

I responded to that on Thursday because we absolutely follow that standard. My #333 was posted Thursday, its now Saturday and seems that while catholics want to say we don't follow our own rules yet when we do, its silence.

So, to answer again. What else did Jesus say saved this woman?

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

You seem to have an issue with faith alone. Okay, go for it. She was saved by faith and???
But what did she DO before this? Her Faith was not ALONE.

Back