Trump posts that he is 2nd greatest to Jesus.

Of course in our lifetime that very thing happened with the followers of Haile Selassie. Of course Rostafar was his given name. I think if you look at your average Rastafarian, and compare that to your average Trump supporter you'll see there's a bit of a difference.
Close. His given name was Lij Tafari Makonnen. The name Rastafari came from his early title of (Ras Tafari) Makonnen. Ras was his title, meaning prince. (Some of the facts I learned didn't burn out from my days of studying Bob Marley)

Wow. Can you say anti-Christ?

What about the disciples? How many others have been beneficial but Trump claims he is second to Jesus.

Satan is hard at work here.
Trump is not the first. Remember what Obama said after he won the Democrat nomination: "[T]his was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal,". If that's not a Messianic complex, I don't know what is. In his speeches Obama used to use the words "I" and "Me" so many times I thought it was a loop recording.

It takes some effort to go to a Trump rally, and Trump is currently the leading contender for the GOP POTUS nomination.
So clearly your side is obsessed with Trump, and our side is simply responding.

If your side ignored Trump, so would we.

You couldn't ignore Trump if your life depended on it. You people have TDS so bad it's laughable at this point.

Does the article mention Jim Jordan or Gaetz or Denny Hastert or Roy Moore or even Trump who bragged about going into the dressing rooms of underage girls who were beauty pageant contestants?

Republicans have decided that pedophilia is the worst accusation to make, so they do it, while turning a blind eye to their own side. It is also the foundation of QAnon.

1. There is no QAnon.
2. Bidens daughter is all screwed in the head because her father took inappropriate showers with her....I wonder what he did to Hunter to have a as messed up as this. They say you can judge the character of a man by looking at his children. I'll take Trump any day over Biden.

Close. His given name was Lij Tafari Makonnen. The name Rastafari came from his early title of (Ras Tafari) Makonnen. Ras was his title, meaning prince. (Some of the facts I learned didn't burn out from my days of studying Bob Marley)
Thanks for the clarification. I had an uncle who is born about 1900 who had a lot of great stories about travel and meeting people and so on, who actually met Haile Selassie. He also stayed in a hotel in the 1930s in Berlin where Hitler was having a rally right outside his hotel window. He sat down with the hotel stationary and wrote every congressman and senator that he had any connection to whatsoever to tell them that this Hitler fellow was a very dangerous man. And of course my uncle couldn't even speak a word of German.

Trump is not the first. Remember what Obama said after he won the Democrat nomination: "[T]his was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal,". If that's not a Messianic complex, I don't know what is. In his speeches Obama used to use the words "I" and "Me" so many times I thought it was a loop recording.
1. "Defend Trump? Nah - can't. Must attack other side!"
2. While Trump refers to himself in the third person - a sign of rampant egoism.

What a stretch. Obama never said he is 2nd greatest compared to Jesus.

Really nice try though.

Why should we trust your biased link?
I provided two links, one describing the actions of one politician and the other the actions of multiple GOP candidates.

It would be easy to check their websites against their past policy preferences on abortion.
If you did that, you would see that the links are accurate.

If, OTOH, you think there are inaccuracies, perhaps you can show that Masters, for example, has always been a moderate when it comes to abortion. You cannot do that, because he clearly changed his position recently, so instead you make a vague unsupported claim.

Go ahead and provide details on how those links are wrong.

And the position on abortion transcends politics and deals with moral values. I do not care which party is pro abortion, being pro abortion is morally reprehensible.
So you think it is OK when GOP politicians decide to become abortion moderates, as many of them are doing?
Would you vote for those people with such squishy positions?

Yes.

For one, listen to Carville, that old coot Cajun. It's the economy, stupid, inflation is eating you away.

Twicely, don't mess with parents kids, they'll remember you did..

Thricely, crime and policing is crushing you.

These are the things voters are paying attention to, and it's out of your control.

If you, being a rich white liberal, would go ask the little people, maybe you'll get a different perspective.
I like Carville, think he is smart, but he is out of the limelight these days.

Second, I am a parent, and a grandparent, and I have opinions as well. People with minority opinions on education or other issues should not get to set the agenda.

It is the RW that is now against policing as evidenced by their failure to laud the Capitol police for what they did and the injuries they sustained on Jan6, and their newfound disgust towards the mostly RW FBI.

OTOH, new voter registrations have been heavily women, fueled by our outrage at Dobbs and Graham's proposals. This was in your control, and you blew it.

I know plenty of "little people" as you call them, and their concerns. Seems like this makes you the one out of touch.

Do you remember when the Republican healthcare plan was first released, it was just a document saying that a plan was being crafted?
Do you remember when, after they'd actually crafted one, Republicans and conservatives saw it and declared it a disaster?
Do you remember when Trump promised universal healthcare for Americans?

Good times :D
Actually, what I remember is that the plan Obama adopted was originally devised by the RW Heritage Institute and put in place in MA by GOP Gov Romney.

I remember Trump saying he had the best healthcare plan ever and he would tell us about it after he was nominated...after he was elected....after he was inaugurated...in 2 weeks...in 2 weeks...in 2 weeks...

Of course in our lifetime that very thing happened with the followers of Haile Selassie. Of course Rostafar was his given name. I think if you look at your average Rastafarian, and compare that to your average Trump supporter you'll see there's a bit of a difference.
The details are not as important as the larger picture as individual religions can differ quite a bit in those details.

The point is that many religions are formed on the basis of veneration of a particular leader, and this Trump cult has all the markings of a religion-in-the-making.

Like you folks do with every Democrat? The Democrat Party is the religion and abortion is the sacrament.
There is no Dem leader venerated like Trump.

Have you not noticed that Repubs running from office no longer tout their previous draconian anti-abortion positions?

Trump remains a better President than the current one, and no one can put up a valid argument otherwise.
Historians are putting Trump at the bottom of the list of good Presidents.
Cultish devotion to Trump will not change that evaluation.

Obama was referring to the fact that the Dems favored environmental protection and took climate change seriously.
He was referring to science and science-based policy.
Nothing messianic about that.

You couldn't ignore Trump if your life depended on it. You people have TDS so bad it's laughable at this point.
When you people ignore Trump, then we will too.
Since you people have made him your preferred POTUS candidate, we cannot really ignore that, can we?

1. There is no QAnon.
2. Bidens daughter is all screwed in the head because her father took inappropriate showers with her....I wonder what he did to Hunter to have a as messed up as this. They say you can judge the character of a man by looking at his children. I'll take Trump any day over Biden.
Trump wore a QAnon lapel pin at one of his rallies, and played the Q song at which point the crowd together did the Q salute (similar to Heil Hitler, but with only one finger).

Right, because Don Jr et al are such upright ethical people.

Back