I once heard a Catholic priest say.....

.....and........still no answer.........
And the RC's never will give an answer because their God-less religion is a one-way street, which consistently implies the superiority of the Roman Catholic Church which requires undeviating dominance from it's leaders, and endless submissiveness from it's followers. There is no room for Almighty God, there is only room for the tension generated by this man-made religion's need to play so many artificial roles of religious dominance.

try post 78 for clarification
The question asked...not the one you responded to in your own mind was based on this...

'The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command. 'Rev. John A. O'B "The Faith of Millions"....1974e

Question:
Can a RC explain to me just why they believe a priest can COMMAND God? And God "bows His head in humble obedience" ? Not my words, btw. Do you not see a problem with that? You think God bows His Head to His creation? That they can order Him around? Unbelievable! Please defend that.

The original autographs, yes. But even those didn't magically drop down out of heaven.

Could have fooled me.

What empty claims, and what denial of the Gospel?
Do speak officially for the rc denomination? Or are your answers your interpretation of what the rc denomination believes? You don't seem to cite any official rc teachings in a lot of your answers.

Still waiting for your answer/opinion for this: (or are you avoiding this for some reason?)

'The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command. 'Rev. John A. O'B "The Faith of Millions"....1974e

Question:

Can a RC explain to me just why they believe a priest can COMMAND God? And God "bows His head in humble obedience" ? Not my words, btw. Do you not see a problem with that? You think God bows His Head to His creation? That they can order Him around? Unbelievable! Please defend that.

Question:

Why do I believe a priest can command God? Because the priest can command God. God gave them the authority to do that.

What more of an answer do you want?

Last edited:
Why do I believe a priest can command God? Because the priest can command God. God gave them the authority to do that.
And how does the priest pull that off? Does he use some magic spell or something? How does a man, who is created lower than the angels, do something angels can't do? Or is God simply subservient to man because God owes us something for having created us? Please enlighten us as to how that happens?

And how does the priest pull that off? Does he use some magic spell or something?
Through the power of God.
How does a man, who is created lower than the angels, do something angels can't do?
God gives the man the power to do it.
Or is God simply subservient to man because God owes us something for having created us? Please enlighten us as to how that happens?
God gives the man the power to do it.

This isn't complicated, sir.

Crazier and crazier! God obeys man. My goodness, the RCC is even worse then I thought
What is so horrible with the idea that God obeys man?

Didn't God obey man when man condemned him to die? And why did God obey man? Becasue God had given man the power to sentence Him to death. Had God not given man that power, Jesus could never have been crucified. "You would have no power over me if it had not been given to you from above" says Jesus to the man who condemned him to death.

If God has given the priest the power to consecrate bread and wine--that is--to transform them into His body and blood--how is this "worse than you thought?" The priest is only doing it becasue God wills it.

What is so horrible with the idea that God obeys man?

Didn't God obey man when man condemned him to die? And why did God obey man? Becasue God had given man the power to sentence Him to death. Had God not given man that power, Jesus could never have been crucified. "You would have no power over me if it had not been given to you from above" says Jesus to the man who condemned him to death.

If God has given the priest the power to consecrate bread and wine--that is--to transform them into His body and blood--how is this "worse than you thought?" The priest is only doing it becasue God wills it.
Jesus being put to death was determined by the council of God before the foundation of the world. Jesus came and was sacrificed ONCE for all. He never instituted cannibalism. That came from paganism, not from God!

Jesus being put to death was determined by the council of God before the foundation of the world. Jesus came and was sacrificed ONCE for all. He never instituted cannibalism. That came from paganism, not from God!
Agreed! Where do you get the idea of cannibalism from our theology of the Eucharist? Note by the way--the pagans accused the first century Catholic Christians of the same. This is becasue--they were first Protestants--that is--like the modern day Protestant counterpart--the pagans didn't get the Christian understanding of the Eucharist either.

It is glorified flesh that is received in the Eucharist, not earthly flesh. In order for us to be cannibalists we would need to be eating earthly flesh as opposed to glorified flesh.

Back