1 Corinthians

A genuine invitation or a disingenuous invitation?
I think genuine. If you know this old widow in your Church and you have asked her over to lunch 10,000 times, and she has denied every time, can it still be a genuine invitation when you ask her again, anticipating that she will decline again?

I think genuine. If you know this old widow in your Church and you have asked her over to lunch 10,000 times, and she has denied every time, can it still be a genuine invitation when you ask her again, anticipating that she will decline again?

And what if she shows up?

Does it concern salvation?
Were you unable to read?

Were you unable to read?

Sure. Still don't see it. Must be the choice meat glasses

I’ve never heard anyone ever talk about a testimony without a before and after Christ and a changed life. Major failure . Just religious mumbo jumbo and worthless rhetoric.

I’ve never heard anyone ever talk about a testimony without a before and after Christ and a changed life. Major failure .

I have no idea who or what you're referring to, since you didn't quote which post you're referring to. But since you didn't quote the post, I assume you're referring to one of my posts.

Well, your description above does not describe me.
So maybe you should learn to communicate better?

Just religious mumbo jumbo and worthless rhetoric.

You do know that ad hominem is not a valid argument, right?

Sure. Still don't see it. Must be the choice meat glasses
more likely another failure to properly read on your part

Just thought I would add a OT reference.

Jer 1:4 Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Jer 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Arminians would translate this as: Before I formed you in the womb, I knew about you because I looked into the future and saw not only that you would be born, but that you would also become a prophet and I liked this and put my stamp of approval on it.

I know this because I have heard Arminian preachers say this about Eph 1:4. The reason He chose us is because He looked into the future and saw who would believe and chose them.

Bolded above.

I though that was the Calvinist position?

Back