1 Jn 5:2. Jesus=God

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: (2 Pe 1:1)
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, (Tt 2:13).
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!” (Jn 20:28).
We have already exhausted our arguments on these points and we are not discussing them here but rather the fact that in 1 John 1:1-3 and 1 John 5:20 "this is The True God and Eternal Life" John is speaking of the same two referents "the Father as The True God and Jesus as the Eternal Life that was with the Father".
According to the whole of Scripture who raised Jesus from the dead?

Romans 6:4 teaches that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. Romans 8:11 proclaims the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.

Correct, God raised Jesus by his Holy Spirit
John 2:19-21; 10:17,18 proclaims the Son raised Himself from the dead.
Incorrect and in John 2:19 after John and the disciples heard Jesus say this John in that 22 verse writes this

John 2:22 22 After he was raised ēgerthē V-AIP-3S from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

If John and the disciples really understood Jesus in John 2:19 to be saying that he would restore his own life back into his own body after dying, then why did John used the passive voice verb ēgerthē to speak of it right after this in the text and why did none of his disciples ever say that Jesus resurrected himself in their narratives either?

There is no way that Jesus could be both passive and active in his being raised from the dead in the way that you believe he was.

What you are doing wrong here, is that you are taking what Jesus said to mean more than what it was intended to mean and which neither John or the other disciples ever did.

For Jesus was not speaking completely literal here but was using a riddle to express a point and the point was, that if they killed him, he would rise up again from death.

Therefore what he meant, was that after they killed him and God restored his life back into his body, he would rise up from where he was lain in the tomb every bit alive again from the dead.

And Acts 3:26, 13:30, 17:30,31; 1 Thess. 1:9,10; Heb. 13:20 reveals that only God could raise Jesus from the dead.

And only God did, but Jesus didn't and never said he would either.
Therefore the whole of Scripture reveals the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in unity as God was responsible for raising Jesus from the dead.

Wrong.
Destroy this temple (λύσατε τὸν ναὸν τοῦτον) luo ho naos houtos . Destroy, lit., loosen. Notice that the word for temple is ναὸν, [46 occurrences; AV translates as “temple” 45 times, and “a shrine” once. 1 used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of gold was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure).This temple points to the literal temple, which is truly a temple only as it is the abode of God, hence sanctuary, but with a typical reference to Jesus’ own person as the holy dwelling-place of God who “was in Christ.” Christ’s death was therefore the pulling down of the temple, and His resurrection its rebuilding. The imperative in destroy is of the nature of a challenge. Note in stating the Living God dwells in Him Jesus is stating that within Him dwells the final authority to any question.

Again, you in your usual trintiarian tunnel vision and just like all trins do, read right over that passive voice verb that John used to explain what he and the disciples really understood from what Jesus said in verse 19 and he didn't says that he would restore his own life back after they killed him but only that after God did, he would rise up from where he was laying in the tomb alive again from the dead.

That was the point and nothing more.
17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
Seems you are wrong again.
Concerning John 10:17-18 Jesus was given a commandment from the Father and the Commandment was, that if he would of his own choice and will lay down his life in death, he would in turn receive it back again from God and by God's power and authority.

This is very much like the commandment we receive of God also, that if we will lose our life for the sake of Jesus and the gospel, we also will receive it back again as well and just like with Jesus, we have the authority of God's word on it and that is what Jesus meant when he said, "I have authority, to both lay it down and receive it back again."

This is all that both of these texts are revealing and not that Jesus would restore his own life to himself after he died and like you falsely believe they mean.

Gal 4:6 "Spirit of his son" refers to Jesus, and is unique to Paul. Note similar expressions occur in other letters.
Rom 8:15*“spirit of sonship”) Rom 8:9*: (“spirit of Christ”); 2 Cor 3:17*: (“spirit of the Lord”); Phil 1:19*: (“spirit of Jesus Christ”).
Let me clarify my question. The "his" is the Father. The Spirit of the Son refers to Jesus and the Spirit is something of his (Jesus's)?

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: (2 Pe 1:1)
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, (Tt 2:13).
28 And Thomas answered and said to Him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!” (Jn 20:28).

According to the whole of Scripture who raised Jesus from the dead?

Romans 6:4 teaches that the Father raised Jesus from the dead.

John 2:19-21; 10:17,18 proclaims the Son raised Himself from the dead.

Romans 8:11 proclaims the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.

And Acts 3:26, 13:30, 17:30,31; 1 Thess. 1:9,10; Heb. 13:20 reveals that only God could raise Jesus from the dead.

Therefore the whole of Scripture reveals the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in unity as God was responsible for raising Jesus from the dead.

Destroy this temple (λύσατε τὸν ναὸν τοῦτον) luo ho naos houtos . Destroy, lit., loosen. Notice that the word for temple is ναὸν, [46 occurrences; AV translates as “temple” 45 times, and “a shrine” once. 1 used of the temple at Jerusalem, but only of the sacred edifice (or sanctuary) itself, consisting of the Holy place and the Holy of Holies (in classical Greek it is used of the sanctuary or cell of the temple, where the image of gold was placed which is distinguished from the whole enclosure).This temple points to the literal temple, which is truly a temple only as it is the abode of God, hence sanctuary, but with a typical reference to Jesus’ own person as the holy dwelling-place of God who “was in Christ.” Christ’s death was therefore the pulling down of the temple, and His resurrection its rebuilding. The imperative in destroy is of the nature of a challenge. Note in stating the Living God dwells in Him Jesus is stating that within Him dwells the final authority to any question.

17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
Seems you are wrong again.
Back to 1 John 5:20, John says this "and we are in Him who is True even in His Son", so suppose you tell us how Jesus can be both "Him who is True and also HIs Son at the same time?

Wow, even when I was a bias Trin like you,

I understood that John was speaking of both the Father and the Son when he said "This is the True God and Eternal Life" and I didn't even at that time put it together with 1 John 1:1-3 yet and where John very clearly Identifies Jesus as the Eternal Life that was with the Father".

No matter how you want to fight against it like I did and also like Paul was doing before he got saved, 1 John 5:20 and John 17:3 are both revealing the same thing and that is that the Father is The Only True God and Jesus Christ is his Son whom he sent and neither passage is teaching that Jesus is also God along with the Father.

And it just bugs the crap out of you that Spirit filled people believe in the truth of the Trinity.

That's not the Holy Spirit you're talking about.

Ephesians 2:2
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

Back to 1 John 5:20, John says this "and we are in Him who is True even in His Son", so suppose you tell us how Jesus can be both "Him who is True and also HIs Son at the same time?

Wow, even when I was a bias Trin like you,

I understood that John was speaking of both the Father and the Son when he said "This is the True God and Eternal Life" and I didn't even at that time put it together with 1 John 1:1-3 yet and where John very clearly Identifies Jesus as the Eternal Life that was with the Father".

No matter how you want to fight against it like I did and also like Paul was doing before he got saved, 1 John 5:20 and John 17:3 are both revealing the same thing and that is that the Father is The Only True God and Jesus Christ is his Son whom he sent and neither passage is teaching that Jesus is also God along with the Father.

1 John 5:20 calls JESUS the True God.

And only God did, but Jesus didn't and never said he would either.

Yes He did.. and yes He did..

John 2:19-22
19Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

20They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

That's not the Holy Spirit you're talking about.
No, it's the Holy Spirit...the 3rd of the trinity.
in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.
The Holy Spirit in born again believers is a disobedient spirit? Do you think you might want to rethink that?
2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
You have no clue as to what that future delusion is.

No, it's the Holy Spirit...the 3rd of the trinity.

The third person of the trinity is not the Holy Spirit, it's the devil (Eph 2:2).

JESUS is the Holy Spirit. Remember 2 Cor 3:17? 1 Cor 15:45? Rom 8:9? Gal 4:6?

*Chuckle*

You have no clue as to what that future delusion is.

No, you have no clue what the powerful delusion is, because you believe it.

2 Thessalonians 2:4
He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

2 Thessalonians 2:7
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

Last edited:
Back