1 John 3:9 - Is it cannot "practice" sin, or cannot "commit" sin?

*You know, it's astounding that someone can go from a hell-doomed sinner
to being taken into God's home, listed in His genealogy, and given an inheritance.
Were I to tell somebody that God and I are kinfolk, they might suspect my mind
is gone, and really: who could blame them?
_

it would make perfect sense to someone if you had gone through a process of becoming, as the Bible talks about that we (ideally) are to, and if someone else too were going through the process or had already completed the process. looking back and having become, they would see how much into the process you might be, and how much more was left out.

1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed
abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

That verse only applies to God's next of kin-- His direct descendants --and
according to John 1:14, John 1:18, John 3:16, John 3:18, and 1John 4:9,
thus far He has only one that we know of.
_

No, it is all of us who have experienced being "born again" of the Holy Spirit.

I'd say it's does not practice sin. This raises another question though. Can one walk sin free?

I'd say we will sin again in real terms but you're never supposed to have a mentality that you must.

In Christ we have the power and victory over sin. I think all will acknowledge that we have the capacity to walk free from sin in a measure. One must however wake up in the morning with the idea that you can walk free from sin. The potential in Christ is there.

So we ask In Christ can we walk without committing sin for 1 minute? I think most would say yes. How about 15 minutes or 30? How about 1 hour, 3, 6 or 10? How about can one walk free from sin for a whole 24 hours? If the capacity is there to do it for one minute the capacity must be there to do for more minutes. So when does the potential for victory fall off? Perhaps when it reaches that number where you say you can't go beyond a certain number that's where you do fall off for the life of victory must be done through faith.

I think it's like this. Like a baseball player goes to the plate he is going to strike out sometime. He doesn't however go to the plate ever with that in mind. He goes to the plate to hit a strike. We don't therefore go forth with a mental state that we have to sin. We will but never should we conclude that we must.

I'd say it's does not practice sin. This raises another question though. Can one walk sin free?

I'd say we will sin again in real terms but you're never supposed to have a mentality that you must.

In Christ we have the power and victory over sin. I think all will acknowledge that we have the capacity to walk free from sin in a measure. One must however wake up in the morning with the idea that you can walk free from sin. The potential in Christ is there.

So we ask In Christ can we walk without committing sin for 1 minute? I think most would say yes. How about 15 minutes or 30? How about 1 hour, 3, 6 or 10? How about can one walk free from sin for a whole 24 hours? If the capacity is there to do it for one minute the capacity must be there to do for more minutes. So when does the potential for victory fall off? Perhaps when it reaches that number where you say you can't go beyond a certain number that's where you do fall off for the life of victory must be done through faith.

I think it's like this. Like a baseball player goes to the plate he is going to strike out sometime. He doesn't however go to the plate ever with that in mind. He goes to the plate to hit a strike. We don't therefore go forth with a mental state that we have to sin. We will but never should we conclude that we must.
The more we identify with who we are in Christ and see that the old man is dead with Christ in his death and reckon it so we will be spiritually empowered to overcome the flesh. Is the true? God bless you.

Back