Against KJV-Onlyism: Stop Usurping the Original Text

Conan

Against KJV-Onlyism: Stop Usurping the Original Text​

Taken from James Snapps excellent blog, The Text of the Gospels.
https://www.thetextofthegospels.com/2022/07/against-kjv-onlyism-stop-usurping.html

To me It shows how KJVOnlyist hold back accurate Bible Translation. The day has arrived to improve the Bible, making for a more accurate text. Replacing known errors with the Original Text. We know have three excellent Majority Text Bibles. The time has come. Textus Receptus is very good. But it does contain some flaws, some errors. Matthew 9:4 is one such example where the KJV could use some improvement.

Matthew 9:4 replace “knowing” with “seeing”

Against KJV-Onlyism: Stop Usurping the Original Text​

Taken from James Snapps excellent blog, The Text of the Gospels.
https://www.thetextofthegospels.com/2022/07/against-kjv-onlyism-stop-usurping.html

To me It shows how KJVOnlyist hold back accurate Bible Translation. The day has arrived to improve the Bible, making for a more accurate text. Replacing known errors with the Original Text. We know have three excellent Majority Text Bibles. The time has come. Textus Receptus is very good. But it does contain some flaws, some errors. Matthew 9:4 is one such example where the KJV could use some improvement.

Matthew 9:4 replace “knowing” with “seeing”
Can you show me an example anywhere in the Scriptures, where ANYONE "improved the Bible"?

Only Demon controlled Cults of the Occult "improve the Bible" to make it fit their antichrist doctrines, such as the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, Watchtower Society false called Jehovah's Witnesses, along with their mother, the Roman Catholic Church. Each of them have their very own re-written Bibles to teach doctrines of devils.

Their daddy, the Devil, first did that in Genesis 3 ....

The Fall
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Besides that, ANYONE that has any knowledge of The King James Bible, to that of ALL of the Re-Written Bibles KNOW that The King James Bible is of the Textus Receptus, and that ALL of the Re-Written Bibles are based from the Egyptian Alexandrian Texts and can be traced back to Rome.

Can you show me an example anywhere in the Scriptures, where ANYONE "improved the Bible"?

Only Demon controlled Cults of the Occult "improve the Bible" to make it fit their antichrist doctrines, such as the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons, Watchtower Society false called Jehovah's Witnesses, along with their mother, the Roman Catholic Church. Each of them have their very own re-written Bibles to teach doctrines of devils.

The Fall
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
Gen 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Gen 3:18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Gen 3:19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
Wrong on so many levels. Lol.

Besides that, ANYONE that has any knowledge of The King James Bible, to that of ALL of the Re-Written Bibles KNOW that The King James Bible is of the Textus Receptus, and that ALL of the Re-Written Bibles are based from the Egyptian Alexandrian Texts and can be traced back to Rome.
Neophyte alert.

The Fall
Wrong on so many levels. Lol.

Break it down and be very concise.

The KJV does not follow the Textus Receptus at Matthew 9:4. Check all of the Reformation Bibles from the Greek. They read as the Textus Receptus. They read "seeing" not "knowing" like the KJV.

The KJV does not follow the Textus Receptus at Matthew 9:4. Check all of the Reformation Bibles from the Greek. They read as the Textus Receptus. They read "seeing" not "knowing" like the KJV.
And so your theory gives you license to re-write your own Bible as you deem fit? Please cite examples of any of the Apostles, and/or anyone else, from Scriptures, where they "improved the Bible".

You obviously know very little about the subject. Did you know the Byzantine Empire was a "Roman Empire"? Did you know that Codex Alexandrinus contains Byzantine readings in the Gospel?

Obviously you don't.... or you wouldn't say such things.

Surely he has studied the Geneva Bible.... After all, the KJV plagiarized much of the Geneva Bible.......

I've even heard KJVOists claim that the KJV was the first to rightfully include chapter and version distinctions.....

Last edited:
And so your theory gives you license to re-write your own Bible as you deem fit? Please cite examples of any of the Apostles, and/or anyone else, from Scriptures, where they "improved the Bible".

The King James version CHANGED the Scriptures that were before it. The Geneva Bible was/is a much better edition than the KJV.

Why did King James rewrite the Bible?

The Fall

The ESV is much better in John 1:18

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

KJV

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Which shows the importance of the Syrian text containing Alexandrian readings.

You obviously know very little about the subject. Did you know the Byzantine Empire was a "Roman Empire"? Did you know that Codex Alexandrinus contains Byzantine readings in the Gospel?

Obviously you don't.... or you wouldn't say such things.
You obviously think that that you know a lot that isn't so.

Seems like a contradiction of terms to me.
What?? Break down your disagreements and be concise by spelling it out ... You said that I was wrong on so many levels .... What parts? Do you see the Roman Catholic Church/Vatican. Watchtower Society, Seventh Day Adventists, and Mormons as being legit Christian denominations or as the Great Whore and her harlots, of which is what they truly are?

The ESV is much better in John 1:18

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known.

KJV

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Which shows the importance of the Syrian text containing Alexandrian readings.
Your opinion of your modern mistranslation preference is irrelevant to what I had asked for in my post that you referenced.

Other than that, you did a great job in exemplifying precisely how the false prophet cult groups utilize "modern translations" to explain away what is actually written in The King James Bible. Disagree? Ok, we can take this discussion down the hall and visit with the JWs, Mormons, and SDA and prove my point. That's the very essence of wresting the scriptures.

Last edited:
Simply compare all New Testament quotations of the Old Testament. You will have many where the Apostles used the Septuagint verses the Hebrew of the KJV Old Testament.

Your opinion of your modern mistranslation preference is irrelevant to what I had asked for in my post that you referenced.

Other than that, you did a great job in exemplifying precisely how the false prophet cult groups utilize "modern translations" to explain away what is actually written in The King James Bible. Disagree? Ok, we can take this discussion down the hall and visit with the JWs, Mormons, and SDA and prove my point. That's the very essence of wresting the scriptures.

I believe Jesus is God. I believe Jesus expressed His Divinity during the Incarnation. The Alexandrian text in John 1:18 is witnessed in the Syrian tradition. Which is part of the Byzantine pedigree.

Not that you know this. You don't. I'm trying to help you. Just admit that you've made mistakes. We all have. The best thing we can do is admit them and move on.

Simply compare all New Testament quotations of the Old Testament. You will have many where the Apostles used the Septuagint verses the Hebrew of the KJV Old Testament.

Absolutely.

Act 8:32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

Which references Isa 53:7

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Notice how lamb and sheep are reversed in the KJV at Acts 8:32.....

I've always enjoyed aggravating Avery with these verses. He finally told me one time that Acts 8:32 corrected the OT reference.......

Not that he really cared.

Back