Authority/Responsibility

According to Catholics:
Catholics did not have an an infallible Canon for its first 1500 years..
so STOP pretending an infallible Canon is needed

1Thess521 said:
I accept Scripture as the highest authority and the ONLY infallible authority we have.

The chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so we are not infallibly certain that those writings of scripture are God's inspired word, then how can we accept scripture as the highest authority and only infallible authority we have?

The chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so we are not infallibly certain that those writings of scripture are God's inspired word, then how can we accept scripture as the highest authority and only infallible authority we have?
weakest link? like you?
QUESTION--->Are you infallibly certain your Church infallible declared a Canon?

wow:
I had no idea you thought you were infallible.
Are there many other other inflable people on earth like yourself?
and FYI: I don't believe your self-claim of infallibility either
I believe that the infallibility rest with the Pope when he is speaking for his chair.

yep:
but will it matter you that your deuterocanonical books were not included among the sacred scrolls in God's Temple?
No, but I am not certain that they were not included. My guess too, is that there were more than others books in the Temple that were not included in scripture; the Jews had numerous writings that they used that are not scripture.

No, but I am not certain that they were not included. My guess too, is that there were more than others books in the Temple that were not included in scripture; the Jews had numerous writings that they used that are not scripture.
not in the collection of Sacred Scrolls considered to be Divine
but as you said : it doesn't matter to you

so why ask?

i directly asked you
QUESTION--->Are you infallibly sure your Church infallibly declared a Canon?

You answered yes
IOW you are infallibly sure .

Every Catholic should be infallibly certain.

1Thess521 said:
I accept Scripture as the highest authority and the ONLY infallible authority we have.

So if you are not infallibly certain of the Canon of scripture, then how can you accept scripture as your highest authority and only infallible authority?

This thread is not just about scripture.

So given this why would anyone listen to any other sources that contradict scripture and/or the CCC? Will these other sources be held responsible?

Other sources would also include interpretations of scriptures.

Every Catholic should be infallibly certain.

So if you are not infallibly certain of the Canon of scripture, then how can you accept scripture as your highest authority and only infallible authority?

This thread is not just about scripture.

Other sources would also include interpretations of scriptures.
I don't think you know what "infallibly certain" means

no human is infallibly certain. about anything

I don't think you know what "infallibly certain" means

no human is infallibly certain. about anything

But you said that you accept scripture as the only infallible authority we have.

1Thess521 said:

How can you accept scripture as the only infallible authority we have if you are not infallibly certain that those writings are the inspired word of God?

Back