Book of Mormon

E. Calvin Beisner

God in Three Persons

The Christian Church throughout history has found in order to remain faithful to the teachings of the New Testament regarding the person and work of Christ, it had to affirm at least the following doctrines:

The doctrine of the Trinity----that in the nature of the One True God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each fully God, Coequal and Coeternal

When we have said these three things, then—that there is but one God, that the Father and the Son and the Spirit is each a distinct person—we have enunciated the doctrine of the Trinity in its completeness.

We may condense this into a somewhat shorter statement, one which is more precise: In the nature of the God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ( or substance ) of the one true God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit p 24

“The Nicene Creed, then, with centuries of theological discussion and controversy behind it, still teaches of the Trinity as the New Testament does: that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, while distinct from each other personally, are the same God” p 153
TULIP, which states the five essential doctrines of Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace, and Perseverance of the saints.

Wow! that should get them to join your churches for sure.... chuckle.

Book of Mormon

One of the four volumes of scripture accepted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is an abridgment by an ancient prophet named Mormon of the records of ancient inhabitants of the Americas. It was written to testify that Jesus is the Christ. Concerning this record, the Prophet Joseph Smith, who translated it by the gift and power of God, said, “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book”

And so you and I have been warned... now it's really up to personal revelation...
Only if you don’t mind being deceived. Otherwise, you study and compare what these men say and do with Christ and the gospel and example He gave us.

Right from the start, in spite of professing a belief in God and Christ, Joseph Smith presented a contradicting set of doctrines and practices. False prophecies, etc. Under the guise of following Christ, but not really. That’s the wolves in sheep’s clothing we were warned about. On the surface they convince people it’s the only way to Christ. But in reality, it’s a very different path than the one Christ showed us. And you can’t get there from here, unless you’re following Christ, and not false prophets.

TULIP, which states the five essential doctrines of Total depravity, Unconditional election, Limited atonement, Irresistible grace, and Perseverance of the saints.

Jesus adds those He saves to His Church. That's why the Bible doesn't tell us to join a church or any Church. Joseph Smith didn't like that.

Just like Joseph Smith's con artists and fake scriptures. They're all over the place, and I'd imagine that non cultitists don't follow con-artists. Christianity is about JESUS not preachers.

THE TESTIMONY OF THREE WITNESSES

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.
Oliver Cowdery
David Whitmer

Martin Harris

THE TESTIMONY OF THREE WITNESSES

Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.
Oliver Cowdery
David Whitmer

Martin Harris
:):) I see the Trinity :):)

And this should make people flock to Mormonism?

Doctrine and Covenants 88
107 And then shall the angels be crowned with the glory of his might, and the saints shall be filled with his glory, and receive their inheritance and be made equal with him.:eek:

Jesus adds those He saves to His Church. That's why the Bible doesn't tell us to join a church or any Church. Joseph Smith didn't like that.
Good luck with that. There can only be one truth, not thousands and from the way you describe "His church" that would be on the order of billions of different truths. How easy is that? Whatever you believe, it's true. :unsure:

I'm sure you did and I'm sure God gave you the answer you wanted too.
I wanted mormonism to be true. But more than that, I wanted to know the truth. So that’s what I asked for… the truth. And that’s what He showed me. Much to my surprise and chagrin.

Joseph Smith was a false prophet who taught false doctrine. His church gives people a false sense of security, while quietly, but surely leading them away from Christ.

Back