Codex Sinaiticus - the facts

You have been corrected on the scholarship milieu before, You give no sources so you write whatever is convenient.
The "milieu" doesn't prove anything.

Plus, you take too literally the boast about the teenage Simonides level of involvement in developing the text. He was learning from the ultra-skilled Benedict, who would know Montfucon and other sources,
Simonides was not learning uncial script, and there is no evidence Benedict even knew it or Montfucon. At 106 years old, Benedict was not teaching anything to Simonides.

You should read David’s section in Faked.
I will not read Daniels.

I may put together a montage of scholars and academies, starting with the world-class Eugenius Voulgaris.
Up to you.

You have been corrected on the scholarship milieu before,

The guy whom I've corrected on his:
- poor German (which he cannot read)
- poor Greek (which he cannot read)
- poor French (which he cannot read)
- use of Donaldson as a modern argument (refuted, it's over)

....has the audacity to stand there completely oblivious to his own failures of scholarship and point fingers.

You do well to remember three are pointing back at you.

You give no sources so you write whatever is convenient.

More tough guy behind the keyboard, but again this is some world class gaslighting since Avery does this in every post.

Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness?

Plus, you take too literally the boast about the teenage Simonides level of involvement in developing the text.

Let me translate: "You shouldn't actually be believing what Simonides said, what you should instead believe is those of us who came along years after the fact and concocted a theory that has zero evidence!"

He was learning from the ultra-skilled Benedict, who would know Montfucon and other sources,

The fact your brother was a professor at MIT doesn't mean you know ANYTHING about engineering so try again.

You should read David’s section in Faked.

I've read both of his books, I needed a therapist afterwards to stop laughing.

I may put together a montage of scholars and academies, starting with the world-class Eugenius Voulgaris.

It seems compiling lists a la Riplinger is pretty much your only contribution to this aside from your wild conspiracy theories without evidence.

Last edited:
translation - “I insist on ignorance”

David Daniels either lied in front of the Dean Burgon Society about your Trinity position or he was ignorant of it.

Not knowing the heretical theological of your "researcher" kinda makes anything David Daniels would say pretty suspect in fundy circles.

David Daniels either lied in front of the Dean Burgon Society about your Trinity position or he was ignorant of it.
Not knowing the heretical theological of your "researcher" kinda makes anything David Daniels would say pretty suspect in fundy circles.

Answered on your reactive dribble and drivel thread.

More convolution in the Simonides mythology.
This is not "scholarship", this is abusive nonsense.

Would you really want to defend the nonsense that came from the pen of Constantine SCAM-onides?

Even Avery Spencer doesn't want to do that, so he sets up a mythical story in his mind.

If I can't take Simonides literally writing it when he spelled out that's what his claim was, why should I take literally his claim that Benedict did any prep work at all? (Hint: he didn't because Benedict never knew of any such animal as Sinaiticus).

Back