Could Satan's sins be forgiven if he repents?

God is love, forgiving, and compassionate. Would he forgive Satan if he asks for forgiveness?
Satan has been judged on the cross of Jesus.
Please read John 16:7-11.

Joh 16:7-11 WEB 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he has come, he will convict the world about sin, about righteousness, and about judgment; 9 about sin, because they don’t believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you won’t see me any more; 11 about judgment, because the prince of this world has been judged.

He had his opportunity and refused to repent and believe God.

so, to answer your question directly...
no! Satan, and all his minions cannot be saved. There is no repentance for them.

Satan is not an angel.
Satan is not the serpent.
Satan did not possess a serpent.
The serpent is not satan.

Why are you interpreting symbols in the book of Revelation literally?

Rev 6-12 says nothing about a literal supernatural being called satan. Symbols in the book of Revelation cannot be interpreted literally, otherwise they cease to be symbols.

Are you an Historicist?

No it doesn't.
Lucifer is not satan.

Your post is pretty sad thinking. pure darkness.

Calling God a sadist doesn't help you, for the basis of the doctrine of hell is that it is a state or condition that is voluntarily entered by man himself.
The true God set Life or Death before all mankind-Deut 30:19--Jesus taught those walking the broad and spacious path to destruction----not eternal life of suffering.

Your post is pretty sad thinking. pure darkness.
No, your misinterpretations are a result of fundamentalist indoctrination.

Not only that, but my disagreement with you on the identities of Satan, Lucifer, and the serpent now has you accusing me of being in darkness.

You’re not even willing to acknowledge possible error on your part.

I understand.
I was there once myself.

Btw, I noticed that you didn’t try answering my questions.

And you seriously think this is all just “sad thinking” on my part, rather than the result of years of study?

Last edited:
The true God set Life or Death before all mankind-Deut 30:19--Jesus taught those walking the broad and spacious path to destruction----not eternal life of suffering.
He also taught what would happen to those who rejected him.

No, your misinterpretations are a result of fundamentalist indoctrination.

Not only that, but my disagreement with you on the identities of Satan, Lucifer, and the serpent now has you accusing me of being in darkness.

You’re not even willing to acknowledge possible error on your part.

I understand.
I was there once myself.

Btw, I noticed that you didn’t try answering my questions.

And you seriously think this is all just “sad thinking” on my part, rather than the result of years of study?

I shared 2 posts from revelation that say he is the original serpent. He wasnt actually the serpent, he spoke through it.

So why was the serpent punished? Why no mention of Satan or Lucifer ?

God disguised many teachings. Serpents do not talk. The angel being talked through the serpent--He came to be known as satan and devil for that rebellion. At Gen 3:15-- He( Jesus)will bruise you( devil) in the head, and you( devil) will bruise him( Jesus) in the heel.

God disguised many teachings.
That's nothing but a cop-out so that you can maintain your false doctrine. The serpent was punished, therefore it was the serpent itself that committed the sin, not some fallen archangel that possessed the serpent.

Serpents do not talk.
Maybe they used to? After all, you just said "God disguised many teachings."

The angel being talked through the serpent--
Scripture says absolutely NOTHING about a fallen archangel possessing and talking through a serpent.

He came to be known as satan and devil for that rebellion.
Really? Where does it say a fallen archangel came to be known as satan? And where does it say a fallen archangel named satan was ever in the garden of Eden? And why no mention of Lucifer in the garden?

At Gen 3:15-- He( Jesus)will bruise you( devil) in the head, and you( devil) will bruise him( Jesus) in the heel.
You'v e got that wrong. That is where we first hear of the doctrine of the two seeds. The seed of the woman and the seed of....who?

Satan? No.

The seed of the serpent. The seed of the serpent is not the seed of the devil, nor is it the seed of a fallen archangel named satan.

Your fundamentalist indoctrination has you coddling together verses from here and there to formulate a wrong and unbiblical position concerning the identities of satan, lucifer, and the serpent.

Yes--destruction.
Constrast:

Mar 9:47
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Mar 9:48
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

With

Mat 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

That's nothing but a cop-out so that you can maintain your false doctrine. The serpent was punished, therefore it was the serpent itself that committed the sin, not some fallen archangel that possessed the serpent.

Maybe they used to? After all, you just said "God disguised many teachings."

Scripture says absolutely NOTHING about a fallen archangel possessing and talking through a serpent.

Really? Where does it say a fallen archangel came to be known as satan? And where does it say a fallen archangel named satan was ever in the garden of Eden? And why no mention of Lucifer in the garden?

You'v e got that wrong. That is where we first hear of the doctrine of the two seeds. The seed of the woman and the seed of....who?

Satan? No.

The seed of the serpent. The seed of the serpent is not the seed of the devil, nor is it the seed of a fallen archangel named satan.

Your fundamentalist indoctrination has you coddling together verses from here and there to formulate a wrong and unbiblical position concerning the identities of satan, lucifer, and the serpent.

Not an archangel, i never said that. I said a fallen angel
Rev 12:9--the one called satan and devil the original serpent.. As well called a dragon there in Rev 12. Michael battled the dragon and his angels( fallen angels) and cast them out of heaven. Pretty easy to understand--satan was an angel. It was him that spoke through the serpent. serpents do not talk.

Constrast:

Mar 9:47
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Mar 9:48
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

With

Mat 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mark 9:8 clearly shows its symbolism---No worm in existence could survive an hour, let alone never die in a hot firey place.
The Hebrew word Sheol= the Greek word Hades- both translate the grave. Hades = hell. Where do worms not die= 6 feet under=the grave.= death.

Not an archangel, i never said that.
You're right. I confused you with the post from JohnT, to which I responded. My apologies.

I said a fallen angel
My point still stands. Angels in heaven do not sin; hence, do not fall.

Rev 12:9--the one called satan and devil the original serpent.. As well called a dragon there in Rev 12.
A fallen angel called satan was never the serpent, nor in the serpent.
A fallen angel named satan was never called the dragon.
Again, why are you interpreting symbols in the book of Revelation literally?

Michael battled the dragon and his angels( fallen angels) and cast them out of heaven.
Nope. As I said before, scripture only speaks of angels as obedient, incapable of sin or rebellion in heaven. If God's angels could sin in heaven before, then they could do it again in the future.

Pretty easy to understand--satan was an angel.
You have yet to establish this belief from scripture, without coddling out of context verses together. Also, why do you assume "satan" is a personal name?

It was him that spoke through the serpent.
Pure speculation on your part.

serpents do not talk.
The one in the garden did.

Last edited:
You're right. I confused you with the post from JohnT, to which I responded. My apologies.

My point still stands. Angels in heaven do not sin; hence, do not fall.

A fallen angel called satan was never the serpent, nor in the serpent.
A fallen angel named satan was never called the dragon.
Again, why are you interpreting symbols in the book of Revelation literally?

Nope. As I said before, scripture only speaks of angels as obedient, incapable of sin or rebellion in heaven. If God's angels could sin in heaven before, then they could do it again in the future.

You have yet to establish this belief from scripture, without coddling out of context verses together. Also, why do you assume "satan" is a personal name?

Pure speculation on your part.

The one in the garden did.

You best relearn reality. Even in Noahs day--fallen angels came down and had sex with women. The babies were called NEPHLIM-giants, very violent, one of the reasons God flooded the earth to rid it of them as well as wicked mortals. Who ever is telling you that the original serpent wasnt satan the devil is a blind guide.

Mark 9:8 clearly shows its symbolism---No worm in existence could survive an hour, let alone never die in a hot firey place.
The Hebrew word Sheol= the Greek word Hades- both translate the grave. Hades = hell. Where do worms not die= 6 feet under=the grave.= death.
You have misconceived it. The worm not dying and the fire not going out is symbolism for a state of eternal decomposition, that never ends. Normally the worm will die, because the body is consumed, and the fire will goes out as it is turned to ash. Which is to say, the damned will be abhorred for eternity, just because they will always exist, albeit in a decomposing state.

Moreover "hell" spoken of here is gehenna, not hades.

You best relearn reality. Even in Noahs day--fallen angels came down and had sex with women. The babies were called NEPHLIM-giants, very violent, one of the reasons God flooded the earth to rid it of them as well as wicked mortals. Who ever is telling you that the original serpent wasnt satan the devil is a blind guide.
Your theology is severely screwed up.

You best relearn reality. Even in Noahs day--fallen angels came down and had sex with women.
Do tell. Give me all the scriptures -- in context -- that unambiguously say angels from heaven came down and had sex with humans and procreated. (And I hope you have more than just the "sons of God" verse.)

Who ever is telling you that the original serpent wasnt satan the devil is a blind guide.
I would submit that you are the one following the blind.

That is why you haven't given me scripture that says an angel named satan was in the garden.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says an angel named satan possessed the serpent.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says why the serpent was punished, rather than the angel named satan.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says angels in heaven can sin and be kicked out of heaven.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says an angel named satan is also an angel named lucifer.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says an angel named lucifer was in the garden.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says an angel named lucifer possessed the serpent.
That is why you haven't given me scripture that says the seed at enmity with the seed of the woman is the seed of satan, or the seed of lucifer, or the seed of the devil.

That is why you haven't told me why you are interpreting symbols in the book of Revelation literally.
That is why you haven't told me why you are assuming "satan" is a proper name.

Your theology lines up better with Milton's Paradise Lost than with scripture.

Last edited:
You have misconceived it. The worm not dying and the fire not going out is symbolism for a state of eternal decomposition, that never ends. Normally the worm will die, because the body is consumed, and the fire will goes out as it is turned to ash. Which is to say, the damned will be abhorred for eternity, just because they will always exist, albeit in a decomposing state.

Moreover "hell" spoken of here is gehenna, not hades.

It was still symbolism--Deut 30:19--LIFE or death is set before all mankind--There is no life in death.

Your theology is severely screwed up.
I shared what the bible teaches.
Genesis 6:1-- men( mortals) made daughters and the sons of God( angels)noticed them and took them as wives. 6:4 Nephlim= the offspring.

Last edited:
Back