How Anti-mormonism Turns Faith Into Used Chewing Gum

True, but, as humans, we don't have the ability to discern the hearts of men. To make a statement that a certain group of people doesn't have faith is an error, and are guilty of bigotry.
I've never said Mormons don't have faith. A certain religious group of people might have faith that theirs is approved of and that their religion is the only true one, but if it disagrees with the true God, their faith is misplaced. The way to discern truth is given by God along with saving faith, not faith in lies, other gods, or non-Christian religions. Christians who know truth from error are not bigoted.

This is a lie:
Doctrine and Covenants 1
And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth” (D&C 1:17).

Or may you interpret Mormonism falsely

And yet, in all that explanation, there seems to be an failure to comprehend how men can be "gods" and continue to false accuse Mormons of polytheism.

You would think an infallible book would be clear on certain subjects.

Ummm....true. It also doesn't say that the Lamb of God, or the Messiah, is the same person of God.

Romans 9:8 "they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called."
Likewise, though all are created in God's image, and God is the Father of all spirits, it's through Jesus Christ men are called.

Jesus himself certainly declared in the law, men are called "gods", and "I Am" was before all of them. Ignoring this concept, and making the Bible confound itself illustrates misunderstanding. Understanding the context is everything.
You are embracing and endorsing false teachings to criticize Christians and Christianity. No, God didn't claim that everyone would understand His words. He doesn't give understanding to everyone.

Why should people believe Joseph Smith?

20 . . .I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.”. . .

(Joseph Smith---History 1)

Thank you for proving you are wrong.
How am I wrong? You responded exactly how I predicted you would. That's why a simple Google search and copy/paste is all your worthy of. Edit

FYI - I'm here to discuss difference to inspire thoughts, and identify truth. You're clearly here just to be obstinate - like the John Cleese character here:

Thus, if I fail to respond to your future questions or responses, know that this is generally why - I have better uses of my time.
Did you read the bolded part at all?
Yes, that's why I posted it.
We can agree that the poster of the question had the same apriori assumptions that you did, which is why the answer provided is that much more legitimate. And we can tell how effective the answer was seeing as how you've avoided it like the plague.

Or do you simply ignore all answers that don't support your false teachings?
I didn't ignore the answer, you did. I quoted the header and the detailed question, and then the answer. You just quoted the detailed question. I assumed you had some degree of reading comprehension. I guess not. I'm starting to wonder if you're an AI bot built to be obstinate, because any human could distinguish the question from the answer.

If you want to address the answer please refer to the text after it says "Answer:".

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one God exists. There are no others per scripture. Anything else is a false god.
I have nothing to add here more to what I've already posted. It's like debating the existence of zero, or "Who's on first, What's on second" it's almost humorous at this point.

But for those that want to understand how I recognize the term "gods", and why the standard of monotheism is a fallacious premise, see post # 217

I've never said Mormons don't have faith.
I wasn't responding to you.
A certain religious group of people might have faith that theirs is approved of and that their religion is the only true one, but if it disagrees with the true God, their faith is misplaced.
Yes. This is why the Protestant posters are simply annoying. They have no authority, yet conceded as all get out.
The way to discern truth is given by God along with saving faith, not faith in lies, other gods, or non-Christian religions.
Agreed. That's why the Book of Mormon is such a blessing. It removes the middlemen, like you, to try and stand in the way between men and God.
Christians who know truth from error are not bigoted.
Yes, that's why I call you guys, and Mormon critics in general "so-called Christians"
This is a lie:
Doctrine and Covenants 1
And also those to whom these commandments were given, might have power to lay the foundation of this church, and to bring it forth out of obscurity and out of darkness, the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth” (D&C 1:17).
You're not God, nor the arbiter of truth, and you haven't cited the Bible to justify your claim.

You are embracing and endorsing false teachings to criticize Christians and Christianity.
We all see through a glass darkly. What measure ye mete....
No, God didn't claim that everyone would understand His words. He doesn't give understanding to everyone.
But somehow, as a limited mortal you have complete certainty and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong?
Why should people believe Joseph Smith?

20 . . .I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.”. . .

(Joseph Smith---History 1)
Because of the Book of Mormon, and gain an answer for yourself by consulting God, not men.
I would disparage anyone to believe based on appeal to authority of Joseph Smith.

Yep, a difference in literal versus symbolic.

So, now you're going back to symbolic. Which is it?
It is as Paul wrote. Gentile believers are grafted into the vine of Israel (Romans 11). While there has been and is a literal regathering of Israel into the land, we Gentiles also share in the promises made to Israel. God has not abandoned His people. The vine is symbolic imagery of Jesus (John 15) and the branches are Israel of whom we become a part by faith.

When interpreting scripture there is a basic rule I use. Accept all scripture as literal except where symbolic, figurative or typical language is used. Then look for the literal meaning and truth being conveyed.

I wasn't responding to you.

Clearly you're read Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Win Friends and Inlfuence People".

Yes. This is why the Protestant posters are simply annoying. They have no authority, yet conceded as all get out.

"conceded"?
If you're going to hurl childish insults, you should at least learn how to spell correctly.
I think you were looking for the word, "conceited".

Btw, as for "authority", we have God's word, the Bible, and the Holy Spirit.
And that is more "authority" than any LDS "false prophet" or "false" Scriptures.

Agreed. That's why the Book of Mormon is such a blessing. It removes the middlemen, like you, to try and stand in the way between men and God.

As others have pointed out, there is ZERO additional doctrine or "Mormon-specific" doctrine in the BoM. Its only purpose was to try to convince people that Joseph was a "prophet" and to get them to buy into the worthless D&C.

Yes, that's why I call you guys, and Mormon critics in general "so-called Christians"

Nobody cares what you call us.

You're not God, nor the arbiter of truth, and you haven't cited the Bible to justify your claim.

So I guess all those "only one god" passages I've posted hundreds of times are simply a figment of our imaginations? I guess Deuteronomy, Kings, Isaiah, etc. etc. don't exist in your Bible?

Clearly you're read Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Win Friends and Inlfuence People".

"conceded"?
If you're going to hurl childish insults, you should at least learn how to spell correctly.

And that is more "authority" than any LDS "false prophet" or "false" Scriptures.

As others have pointed out, there is ZERO additional doctrine or "Mormon-specific" doctrine in the BoM. Its only purpose was to try to convince people that Joseph was a "prophet" and to get them to buy into the worthless D&C.

So I guess all those "only one god" passages I've posted hundreds of times are simply a figment of our imaginations? I guess Deuteronomy, Kings, Isaiah, etc. etc. don't exist in your Bible?
Yes and they are all true, we also teach one God in the Book of Mormon... we seem to be on the same page... great, don't you think?

We all see through a glass darkly. What measure ye mete....

But somehow, as a limited mortal you have complete certainty and everyone that disagrees with you is wrong?

Because of the Book of Mormon, and gain an answer for yourself by consulting God, not men.
I would disparage anyone to believe based on appeal to authority of Joseph Smith.
I did EXACTLY as you are suggesting! I consulted GOD not deceased false teachers, not fiction written by Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon was written by Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon is a work of darkness. Joseph Smith and his followers couldn't and can't see the light. I don't mete the darkness they mete or you mete towards me and other followers of Christ.

"conceded"?

Theo, having called in the mob, which was swiftly batted down, is now simply looking to dispute anything that moves and distract further in childish arguments, completely running away from the discussion how the term "gods" is used in the Bible.
So I guess all those "only one god" passages I've posted hundreds of times are simply a figment of our imaginations?
No, Theo, I'm not going back to square one with you. No one is disputing that the covenant people worshipped (or were instructed to worship) more than one God. You're going to have to look at all my previous posts, and identify the points being made, rather than dismissing them as "worthless rhetoric".
See also the response I gave to organgrinder. You're simply pursuing a red herring, and not getting to the heart of the issue.
I guess Deuteronomy, Kings, Isaiah, etc. etc. don't exist in your Bible?
They do, actually, but that's not relevant to the discussion. When you understand the argument, then we can continue to discuss.

I did EXACTLY as you are suggesting! I consulted GOD
Good for you. I'm happy for you. You don't need my approval, and I'm not judging you. I trust you live by the dictates of your own conscience, and it's between you and God. No further discussion is required.

Who are you? Are you someone who sees through a glass darkly as you claimed? Are you a mortal?
Yes. We're all mortal. We all have limited perspectives. We can both turn to God to find truth, we can share our messages with each other to be edified and corrected as needed, but in the end be peacemakers as children of God are supposed to be.

Yes. We're all mortal. We all have limited perspectives. We can both turn to God to find truth,

So let me get this straight...
We have a perspective too limited to be able to correct Mormons...
So that must mean...
Mormons likewise have a perspective too limited to be able to correct (true) Christians.
Would you agree?
Or is this simply more of your stupid game-playing to argue that we can't correct you, but you can correct us?

we can share our messages with each other to be edified and corrected as needed,

Well, that's a problem... Because Mormons refuse to accept correction.
Or did you mean that you get to "correct" us, but we can't "correct" you?

Let me explain something to you.
There are no "teachers" here, and no "students".
Neither of us accepts the ohter as being a "teacher".
So we are simply people with different beliefs, who are sharing them with each other (and mostly Mormonism, since this is the MORMONISM discussion forum).

Don't worry, though... We have no expectation of you accepting the truth. As long as you are dead in your trespasses and sins, and until you are regenerated by God and given a new heart, you will continue to reject God's truth.

but in the end be peacemakers as children of God are supposed to be.

Well, let me explain something else to you as well..
I watch a lot of camera footage of a group calling themselves, "1st Amendment Auditors", but who everyone else calls, "Frauditors". What they do is follow cops around and record them, and interfere with their traffic stops and other business, and they try to create conflict so their YT accounts will make money. So they engage the cops, insult them, yell at them, call them, "pigs", etc. etc., and then when the cops threaten to arrest them, and have to move to needing to use force since they constantly disobey lawful orders, the frauditors, yell out, "de-escalate! You're supposed to de-escalate!" Well, that doesn't really work when the other side is intentionally escalating the situation.

And that's what Mormons do.
They escalate the situation, they insult Christians, they try to "ridicule" them with comments about "invisible god", etc., and then you come along claiming we should be "peacemakers". Sorry, that doesn't work. As long as Mormons continue to cause contention in the forums, it is impossible for us to be "peacemakers".

The other problem is that Mormons are not "children of God". This is not meant as an insult, it is simply a statement of fact. You have not been regenerated, and you not only do not worship the true God, but you mock Him. Anyone who thinks "ridiculing" is a fruit of the Spirit is most certainly NOT a "child of God".

Yes. We're all mortal. We all have limited perspectives. We can both turn to God to find truth, we can share our messages with each other to be edified and corrected as needed, but in the end be peacemakers as children of God are supposed to be.
Are you a peacemaker? Are we to embrace false teachings for the sake of peace? I have never wished harm to any non-Christian. Your judgment of Christians doesn't promote peace. We don't both turn to the Triune God. So does being a peacemaker mean we will always agree? Which one of us is going to bring world peace?

Back