If Jesus is 'God' because he was called "son of God", "lord" and received prostrations then why not David?

Fred said,
Function.

well, let's see, take your time and read this, I have made it as short as I can get it

“The Father is Greater than I”

Study Scripture: John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I".

this verse has been taken out of context for way to long, and grossly misunderstood. as the word say, in all thy getting get understanding. the word, "GREATER", here in this verse is not the word GREAT, but "GREATER", it's an Adjective, as used here, and not an Adverb, this is very important. the word GREATER is the Greek word G3187 meizon (meid'-zone) adj.
1. larger (specially, in age)
{literally or figuratively}
[irregular comparative of G3173]
KJV: elder, greater(-est), more Root(s): G3173

Dictionary.com as an Adjective, (of a city) considered with the inclusion of the outer suburbs: Greater London. here, here the definitions are indicating quantity, (MORE), instead of quality, (SUPERIOR).

quantity: "an exact or specified amount or measure". look at these capitalize words above real good, and lets get an understanding.

What did Jesus mean, "The Father is Greater than I",​
Greater: G3187 meizon (meid'-zone), indicate quality, or quantity. in the book of Romans 12:3 it states, "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith". this verse gives us the understanding of quantity, and quality. every man is the same, (quality), no man is superior to another, so there's no rank. also, as with MALES and FEMALES in the kingdom of GOD. the same Spirit is in every man/female. and every man/female is given the same amount or the same quantity of Faith. so likewise, as the same Spirit that manifest in that fleshly body, the nature of the Spirit did not change in quality, only the quantity is limited to that one body, other words his Omni attributes was limited. let’s look at this in John the 14th. chapter. here, the Lord Jesus is speaking of the work of salvation. as the Spirit was in Christ, (the flesh), the man, he was limited, by that fleshly body with BLOOD, because of his G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō'). while in Flesh. understand, the Lord Jesus didn't go into all the world while he was here on earth in flesh and blood. he was limited in his work of salvation, because of that body he was in. but to see this clearly, watch the WORKS and how it is used. John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father". see that word "greater" here in verse 12. it is the same word, "greater", Jesus uses in verse 28. wait a minute, is Jesus saying that men who believe is GREATER than him in power, (quality), as we been led IGNORANTLY to assume as to what greater means? NO. so what is the Lord Jesus really saying, as I have said, GREATER, have several meaning, depending on how you used it in context, or out of context, as many have done. but let the bible explain itself and reveal the TRUTH.

In context the meaning, greater as in quantity, and not in quality. greater used as an adjective, it means, "more" as in more believers to do the SAME quality of work, because it is the Lord who do the work. so now the work he is doing will be a greater number, as in them/us doing the same quality of work he was doing as an individual. more, or greater in quantity, not in quality, because he said, John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works, (there it is), than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father". so we who believe will do the SAME works, but now we have millions of Jesus/Christians doing the same quality of works at the same time because he go to this “Spirit/Father. and in Spirit/the Holy Spirit he empowers all believers with “gifts”. so greater here means more. let’s look at the answer to this millions of Jesus at work, for we’re co-worker with him. listen, John 14:14 "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it". see it, those who ask in his name, why because he a believer, and if you're a believer, then born again, and being born again, you have the Spirit, and the Spirit/JESUS dwells in you, (THIS IS WHY HE GOES TO THE FATHER). this work is only for born again believers. because the scripture states, "ask, and it shall be given unto you", but there is a way to ask, because Jesus said "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you". see anyone can ask, but if Jesus/the Spirit/God abide in you then ask, and it will be done, (and he's not talking about prayer either). that's why baptism is so important. because baptism, "KILLS", meaning stone DEAD, the sinful NATURE. hence one die to the sinful nature only ONCE, that means the Holy Spirit can come and live in us, and reside/abide in us forever. for you are born of God and his seed remain in you.

so we can clearly see it is the quantity, that is GREATER, not quality, for it is the same, the same, listen, the same Spirit who worketh. now the quality is supportive by definition. G243 allos, and G2087 hetero verify this. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." as our Lord is in the SAME SORT, meaning class as God, SPIRIT, he is not “quality” different, only “quantity”, hence the “numerical difference” of G243 allos.

The conclusion on GREATER, it’s either “quality”, or “quantity”. the Scripture is true, John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father". why GREATER? in quality, no servant is above his MASTER, listen, Matthew 10:24 "The disciple is not above [his] master, nor the servant above his lord”. that killed that SUPERIOR ERROR. he goes to the Father, or the heavens, he is glorified, (Spirit), listen. "Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, (in power, Spirit), and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear". what did Jesus say to his disciples on departure? Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth". he's no longer on EARTH, in a frail fleshly body, Father or Heavenly Father, means no limitation. now that glorified body is limitless. appearing and disappearing at will. walking thru walls with doors shut. scripture, John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was". notice what Jesus said, "glorify

thou me with thine own self", and Jesus said don't use no one else, only (spirit). no longer will that flesh be, in corruption, nor in weakness. (see and read 1 Corinthian 15:35-50), but in POWER. "All Power". in heaven and EARTH. Amen. that GLORY, before the World was, all Spirit, then no body (flesh and bones), now Spirit with a body, (for a Spirit have not flesh and bones as I have), but without blood, The Holy Spirit, see Revelation 1:10-20, this is the one who died, the First, (GOD in Flesh), the beginning of the New Creation, (John 1:1). and the Last, (GOD in Glorified Flesh). praise God. the First New Man, and the last or end to the old man. so Greater here is in quantity. Amen.
What a mess.

"I read that it was Jesus who said he had been sent." now, I'll be kind and ask, if U want to rephrase, or revise your statement.
Jhn 6:57

"As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me."

Yes, I'm quite sure it was Jesus who said he had been sent.

Father, Son , Holy Spirit -all Divine in being and the divine person of the One Triune God can only be what He is " I AM" is all divine.
Father, and son are title of ONLY one Person, the Holy Spirit, who is Jesus, almighty God. title are not PERSONS.
:ninja:

ok , let's take this one step at a time. is the Son of Man, is he Spirit or Flesh..... please answer

PICJAG, 101G.
Rather let's take this one step at a time in the right direction on the right path.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” Matthew 7:13-14.

I am not lead down the wide way. The scriptures are clear, Christ gave answer. You question and answer back to God.
Romans 9:20
20But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to Him who formed it, “Why did You make me like this?”

Hmmmm.... This verse is interesting. Who formed what?
John1:
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made. 4In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Seems Romans which PAUL wrote. for all the shnarkles out there, knows Christ is God. Who else would Paul be speaking of? Again, pretty clear Christ is God. TITLES seems to elude you. But faith like a child would be enough. If my mama read these verses to me when upon her knee asa little child it would still be clear what is being said.

ok , let's take this one step at a time. is the Son of Man, is he Spirit or Flesh..... please answer

PICJAG, 101G.

thought so.
LARP
[lärp]

NOUN
  1. a type of interactive role-playing game in which the participants portray characters through physical action, often in costume and with props:
    Greatest LARP ever!

Philppians 2:6-8
  2. The Attitude of Christ
    …6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.…
  3. Does any of this say He is any less God?

You must have overlooked that Holy Spirit conception. Ya know, that Virgin who conceived, that sign given to the House of David? No mere man is conceived by the Holy Spirit. If you are going to deny the scriptures in hopes of dissuading people from the the truth, you fool yourself. You draw conclusions to serve your rejection of Christ. Scripture is clear not sure what you've been reading.

You're changing the subject.

If Jesus is God, and if Jesus also is of David's lineage, then it follows David is "God's" ancestor. There's no two ways about it.

Even worse, it makes Mary the "mother of God".

You can't address this, so you're throwing out distractions. (quoted in blue).

Clearly, reading comprehension eludes you. That is not a logical assessment.

It's your reading comprehension that's the issue. And just saying "its not a logical assessment" isn't an argument.

It's perfectly logical that if David wasn't regarded as God (for reasons given in the OP), then the same has to apply to Jesus. But you're special pleading for Jesus and insisting that only Jesus has to be regarded as divine.

1. Philppians 2:6-8
  2. The Attitude of Christ
    …6Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.…
  3. Does any of this say He is any less God?
Thanks for the reply. #1. is Jesus in the "FORM/NATURE" of God, which is Spirit, (per John 4:24a). YES or No

#2. " 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likenes" did the Spirit emptied, himself? Yes, or No

your answer pleaser.

:ninja:

Father, and son are title of ONLY one Person, the Holy Spirit, who is Jesus, almighty God. title are not PERSONS.

Shulammite responds: THEN YOU REALLY DON'T EXIST! That is why I removed your little ninja emoji. What was your name again? What is your profession? You are not a ninja,that is only a title, one you do not hold because only persons, beings, could be it, and not talking about the Ninja mixer. LOL! though you are very diligent in slicing and dicing the word of God . With your assertion, ONE cannot be a father, son and husband according to you. You think God cannot perform multiple roles yet still be God. Remember, God is not limited to your personal opinions .You project onto God the shortcomings of man. God can be multifaceted and still be one. He can do a LARP on earth and still be in the heavens. Have you heard of
bilocation? That is just a glimpse into supernatural projection. God is Divine He can multitask.

Back