Is all this true?

You claim you believe what the Bible states and yet you believe extra-biblical texts to change what God's inspired by the Holy Spirit written Word teaches.

That might be the exact charge the traditional Jews made against the first century church. The traditional Jews had the OT--the apostles and prophets of the first century church--had the NT. Both had scripture.

And the Mormon salvation doctrines are not based on the Bible

I beg to differ--and you, nor anyone else--has answered the bell when asked to list what salvational doctrines are found in the Biblical NT text--which are not found in the LDS church. Crickets.

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

And you don't use the scriptures--your answers are taint so!!! responses--with plenty of unfounded charges. Not what I call very convincing.

but what Smith wrote in the BoM, and other books (PoGP, D&C) and claims of continual revelation and heavenly visitation...so there is all that.

But that was the very proof of the NT--continuing revelation. When did God change?

Mormons hide these truths from those they are proselytizing which you are not able to do here.

Cite, please. What are you accusing me of hiding?

"As the Bible was compiled, organized, translated, and transcribed, many errors entered the text. The existence of such errors becomes apparent when one considers the numerous and often conflicting translations of the Bible in existence today. Careful students of the Bible are often puzzled by apparent contradictions and omissions. Many people have also been curious about references by biblical prophets to books or scriptural passages that are not currently in the Bible.

In addition to the Bible, Latter-day Saints reverence and study the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, the Pearl of Great Price, and the words of modern prophets and apostles. All these sources of eternal truth work together to establish, clarify, and testify of the plan of our Heavenly Father and to bring people unto Jesus Christ.

Latter-day Saints believe in an open scriptural canon, which means that there are other books of scripture besides the Bible (such as the Book of Mormon) and that God continues to reveal His word through living prophets."

And your point is??? Again--how is that any different than the charges the traditional Jews level against the NT record to this day?

Seeking fto be good or seeking to be worthy is still fruitless. It is man's attempt to be justified in God's sight. See Romans 3:23.

Why not just take a look at the scriptures?

2 Thessalonians 1:5--King James Version (KJV)
5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

1 Timothy 5:18--King James Version (KJV)
18 For the scripture saith, thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

Colossians 1:10--King James Version (KJV)
10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

How do you collate that with your witness above?

That might be the exact charge the traditional Jews made against the first century church. The traditional Jews had the OT--the apostles and prophets of the first century church--had the NT. Both had scripture.

I beg to differ--and you, nor anyone else--has answered the bell when asked to list what salvational doctrines are found in the Biblical NT text--which are not found in the LDS church. Crickets.
I am not here to be proselytized.
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Do you even understand why Jesus asked this young ruler why he called Him good teacher since only God is good? I'll wait for an answer.
And you don't use the scriptures--your answers are taint so!!! responses--with plenty of unfounded charges. Not what I call very convincing.
I have offered many Scriptures to you. Are you denying that? To do so is to bear false witness.
But that was the very proof of the NT--continuing revelation. When did God change?
Cite, please. What are you accusing me of hiding?
So you believe you are proselytizing me...
And your point is??? Again--how is that any different than the charges the traditional Jews level against the NT record to this day?
It's in the text. How can you miss the point given the quote is directly from the Mormon church? Are you not aware what your church teaches?

I am not here to be proselytized.

Do you even understand why Jesus asked this young ruler why he called Him good teacher since only God is good? I'll wait for an answer.

I have offered many Scriptures to you. Are you denying that? To do so is to bear false witness.

So you believe you are proselytizing me...

It's in the text. How can you miss the point given the quote is directly from the Mormon church? Are you not aware what your church teaches?

What a wagon load of hooey.

Hey Mormons... there is a difference between being worthy of salvation-- which nobody is except by personal faith in Jesus, and being worthy of rewards to be given AFTER salvation. See Romans 3:23. Other scriptures posted here by some Mormons show rewards. The poster(s) apparently don't know the difference and attempt to collate salvation and rewards.

Need to read carefully.

What a wagon load of hooey.
And that's ok. But I still am waiting for you to tell me why Jesus asked the young ruler why he called Him good teacher when Jesus told Him only God is good. Do you have any intention of answering or is your above comment the totality of what I can expect from you?

When you are able to present any evidence, let alone what you claim is "great evidence" which I presume you believe the BoM is, then perhaps you will be able to sustain your religious belief among others. Until then it's still just more of the "well Joe Smith said..." arguments.
And just more hogwash, regurgitation and spit balling.... and you call that debating... chuckle.

Seeking fto be good or seeking to be worthy is still fruitless. It is man's attempt to be justified in God's sight. See Romans 3:23.
Well I guess God never did draw me to him... when your not chosen then any attempt of seeking is out of bounds... hmm

Well I guess God never did draw me to him... when your not chosen then any attempt of seeking is out of bounds... hmm
I'm not Calvinist. God has drawn you, however, you don't seem to understand it because of the cult you are in. And just a small grammar point-- it is you're not your.

Hey Mormons... there is a difference between being worthy of salvation-- which nobody is except by personal faith in Jesus, and being worthy of rewards to be given AFTER salvation. See Romans 3:23. Other scriptures posted here by some Mormons show rewards. The poster(s) apparently don't know the difference and attempt to collate salvation and rewards.

Need to read carefully.

So--please do read carefully:

2 Thessalonians 1:5--King James Version (KJV)
5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

And that's ok. But I still am waiting for you to tell me why Jesus asked the young ruler why he called Him good teacher when Jesus told Him only God is good.

That's one for the critics here to figure out, as it separates Jesus Christ from God.

It also does not answer why Jesus connected keeping the commandments with eternal life:

That's one for the critics here to figure out, as it separates Jesus Christ from God.
If I am to understand you correctly, you believe Jesus spoke these words to say He is separate from God the Father? Two different beings? Is that correct?
It also does not answer why Jesus connected keeping the commandments with eternal life:

You put the emphasis on the wrong part of the verses bd.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

This was pre-sacrifice and pre-resurrection and the establishment of the New Covenant. The Law was still in effect, albeit Jesus proved He could forgive sins through His miracles and proclamations. Now, the Jews knew only God could forgive sin and used what Jesus proclaimed "your sins are forgiven", "go and sin no more", to persecute Him even to death on the cross on Golgotha. So, the point of these verses is that Jesus wanted this young ruler to profess He is God. The young ruler, however, was seeking recognition for his following of the Law and would not recognize Jesus for who He is, God.

Dberrie, the cut and paste king, continues on with no exegesis on scriptures he has posted. No context and no explanation.
This is the tactic of Mormon proselytizing. Give a little, hide the rest. Call on Bible verses to give the appearance of being Biblical but hide the truth that Mormonism is NOT Biblical. In my opinion this is why db keeps asking us to admit that what the BoM teaches is in line with the Bible. That way he can justify his claims that it is Biblical and "Christian". I beg to differ with him and all Mormonism. Mormonism is a cult. It fits the definition of a cult. And will always be a cult. No reformation will redeem what Joe Smith has wrought.

I'm not Calvinist. God has drawn you, however, you don't seem to understand it because of the cult you are in. And just a small grammar point-- it is you're not your.

Matthew 22

14“For many are called, but few are chosen.” Yes God does draw us to him, but few are chosen... get it?

This is the tactic of Mormon proselytizing. Give a little, hide the rest. Call on Bible verses to give the appearance of being Biblical but hide the truth that Mormonism is NOT Biblical. In my opinion this is why db keeps asking us to admit that what the BoM teaches is in line with the Bible. That way he can justify his claims that it is Biblical and "Christian". I beg to differ with him and all Mormonism. Mormonism is a cult. It fits the definition of a cult. And will always be a cult. No reformation will redeem what Joe Smith has wrought.
That's about all we get from you, never a intelligent response to question you ask and pretend to want to know and yet with a wave of your hand its the same....Cult, regurgitation, hogwash, spit bullets, maps you can't produce and so you make it up as you go without much evidence... waste of time folks.

Back