Is Calvinism heresy ?

Nice dodge

read the scripture maybe you can work that into the sermon lol

oops
So God praises you, correct? You said "I get my praise from the Lord." Then you supplied texts to support your claim. (We will examine these in context at a later time).

Nonetheless...

So you have the Lord praising you, correct? When do you set aside a worship service for God to praise you? I'm certain several of us would love to attend and witness this event.

A quibble.

Salvation is eternally the same -- by grace, through faith and that not out of you, it is the gift of God, not of works.

All of the old testament saints are now in heaven with their Lord.
Some of them murdered too. Some be like "God, I thank you I'm not like them, I am ______ and ________ and have studied more than them, and I am also ________, and asked them to tag me in the trinity forum to embarrass them in debate, and I am also __________, plus I have refuted them as a Calvinist and a Pelagian, and I am the man. Give me praise!"

Last edited:
That's why on judgement day, no one will complain, God gave them that chance and they refused him. His justice is perfect.

2 Thessalonians 2:10
and with all the deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish, because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

You see those that perished could have been saved, but they just didn't want the truth. God is not holding them back from it, they just don't want it, because they loved unrighteousness.
So you take the words "might be" as a possibility, that they are in some sort of limbo until they conjure up just enough faith and repentance to be saved. The cross did not save a soul, just made it a possibility. Now, let us examine a few vss that use the words "might be" in them.

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham. Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.[Hebrews 2:14-18]

In this passage we see "He might render him powerless who had the power of death..." Did He actually accomplish this or was it merely a possibility of happening?

We also see "and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives...." Does He actually free these ppl or is merely a possibility?

And furthermore "so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." Is He actually our High Priest or was it merely a possibility of occurring?

As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him."John 9:1-3]

Here we read "but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him." So, was there a chance that God could not have displayed His works through this guy who was born blind?

Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, “FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.” How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.[Romans 4:9-12]

Was this merely a chance that Abraham would become the father of all who believed or was this a set in stone biblical fact? Is there a chance that the imputed righteousness of Christ will not be credited to those who believe?

What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.” So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.” So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.[Romans 9:14-18]

Was there a chance that this would not occur? Was God able to raise Pharaoh to His lofty position, to display His power over him, yet there was a chance that His name would not be proclaimed all over the earth?

One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.[Romans 14:5-9]

Is He the Lord of both the dead and living or is there a chance He might not be?

Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.[Galatians 3:19-22]

Is there a possibility that some believers do not receive the promises of God?

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.[Ephesians 5:25-27]

Is there only a possibility of Him sanctifying the church and is there a only a possibility of Him presenting the church to the Himself?

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means". Inigo Montoya

So you take the words "might be" as a possibility, that they are in some sort of limbo until they conjure up just enough faith and repentance to be saved. The cross did not save a soul, just made it a possibility. Now, let us examine a few vss that use the words "might be" in them.

Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives. For assuredly He does not give help to angels, but He gives help to the descendant of Abraham. Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.[Hebrews 2:14-18]

In this passage we see "He might render him powerless who had the power of death..." Did He actually accomplish this or was it merely a possibility of happening?

We also see "and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives...." Does He actually free these ppl or is merely a possibility?

And furthermore "so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." Is He actually our High Priest or was it merely a possibility of occurring?

As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him."John 9:1-3]

Here we read "but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him." So, was there a chance that God could not have displayed His works through this guy who was born blind?

Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, “FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.” How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.[Romans 4:9-12]

Was this merely a chance that Abraham would become the father of all who believed or was this a set in stone biblical fact? Is there a chance that the imputed righteousness of Christ will not be credited to those who believe?

What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! For He says to Moses, “I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION.” So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH.” So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.[Romans 9:14-18]

Was there a chance that this would not occur? Was God able to raise Pharaoh to His lofty position, to display His power over him, yet there was a chance that His name would not be proclaimed all over the earth?

One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.[Romans 14:5-9]

Is He the Lord of both the dead and living or is there a chance He might not be?

Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one. Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.[Galatians 3:19-22]

Is there a possibility that some believers do not receive the promises of God?

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.[Ephesians 5:25-27]

Is there only a possibility of Him sanctifying the church and is there a only a possibility of Him presenting the church to the Himself?

"You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means". Inigo Montoya
Exactly! That's the Hebrews 5:13 scenario for him..."unskilled in the word of righteousness."

The Bible says that God causes evil to happen but this does not mean that God is evil. God cannot be evil because He is God.

Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
Job 42:11 KJV

God does as He pleases and it's never evil.

God is neither good nor evil by people's standards? More like Yin and and Yang?

Philippians 2:10-11
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Well I guess having to admit Jesus is Lord, there might not be too much room for complaining after that. I think that will settle it.

I think when you stand before God, a person will know how terribly sinful they are, all the evil they had done, no one will be able to argue with that, plus they will be too frightened too. That's my thinking anyway, you may think otherwise.
So they will all the sudden realize how fair God is? And stop complaining?

Back