Is Calvinism heresy ?

Leatherneck0311

Scripture says God cannot be tempted to commit evil neither tempts He any man
Unchecked Copy Box
Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man: Yet Calvinism with its twisted belief of “preordained”has laid Adam’s disobedience squarely on God along with every sin and rebellion ever committed by satan and mankind. So personally since the Calvinist denies and changes the truth of scripture I would believe it is heresy.
Unchecked Copy Box
Tit 1:2 - In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world Began;
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 6:18 - That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie,we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

Last edited:
Unchecked Copy Box
Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man: Yet Calvinism with its twisted belief of “preordained”has laid Adam’s disobedience squarely on God along with every sin and rebellion ever committed by satan and mankind. So personally since the Calvinist denies and changes the truth of scripture I would believe it is heresy.
No. It's not heresy.

Is Calvinism heresy ?

No.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man:

And all the Calvinists said, "Amen!"

Yet Calvinism with its twisted belief of “preordained”

Acts 4:28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place.

Rom. 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

1Cor. 2:7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.

Eph. 1:5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Eph. 1:11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

has laid Adam’s disobedience squarely on God along with every sin and rebellion ever committed by satan and mankind.

Gen. 50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Isa. 10:5 Woe to Assyria, the rod of my anger; the staff in their hands is my fury!
6 Against a godless nation I send him, and against the people of my wrath I command him, to take spoil and seize plunder, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
7 But he does not so intend, and his heart does not so think; but it is in his heart to destroy, and to cut off nations not a few;

Acts 4:27 for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, 28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place.

So personally since the Calvinist denies and changes the truth of scripture

No, we don't.

I would believe it is heresy.

Nobody cares.

Unchecked Copy Box
Unchecked Copy Box
Tit 1:2 - In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world Began;
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 6:18 - That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie,we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
God is the cause of everything that comes in Calvinism as per the WFC including evil. A biblical oxymoron

next

Unchecked Copy Box
Unchecked Copy Box
Unchecked Copy Box
Unchecked Copy Box
For those who responded that I haven’t responded back to: this is what I see—->Show ignored content.I do not debate with anyone who believes God is duplicitous, dishonest, deceitful, and a liar. I do as scripture teaches after the first and second admonition and mark them as heretics.
Unchecked Copy Box
Tit 3:10 - A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Unchecked Copy Box
Tit 3:11 - Knowing that he that is such is subverted, andsinneth, being condemned of himself.

Last edited:
For those who responded that I haven’t responded back to: this is what I see—->Show ignored content.I do not debate with anyone who believes God is duplicitous, dishonest, deceitful, and a liar. I do as scripture teaches after the second or third admonition and mark them as heretics.
No, Calvinism is not heresy.

God is the cause of everything that comes in Calvinism as per the WFC including evil. A biblical oxymoron

No, God is the cause of everything, comes from the BIBLE.
It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the "Wells Fargo Co." ("WFC").

Calvinism is found in the WCF (which I think you meant), shows that Calvinism PREDATES the WCF. And it predates the WCF because it is taught in the BIBLE.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man: Yet Calvinism with its twisted belief of “preordained”has laid Adam’s disobedience squarely on God along with every sin and rebellion ever committed by satan and mankind.
So I think it could be said this way too. "Let no man say when he is evil that God made him evil for God IS NOT evil neither does he make any man evil." And yet isn't this what the WCF states?

" God from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass..."

LOVE cannot create evil. LOVE would cease to be LOVE by doing so because evil is not LOVE. It'd be like mixing oil and water. They won't mix and can't mix.

So I think it could be said this way too. "Let no man say when he is evil that God made him evil for God IS NOT evil neither does he make any man evil." And yet isn't this what the WCF states?

" God from all eternity did, by the most wise and holy counsel of His own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass..."

LOVE cannot create evil. LOVE would cease to be LOVE by doing so because evil is not LOVE. It'd be like mixing oil and water. They won't mix and can't mix.
Amen ! Great post and true.

Unchecked Copy Box
Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man:'
Tempt, Test, try, and Prove are all the same term. God "Tempts/Tests/Tries/Proves men all the time. Gen 22:1, 1 Pet 4:12, Ex 20:20, Deut 8:2, 2 CHr 32:31, etc.

James 1:13 is an ellipse: "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man (with evil). JOB is an illustration of how SEVERE God's Tests can get, when He's after something to bring repentance in a person's life.

Last edited:

Spot on !

No.
See ^^
God made no one evil (Ecc 7:29).

Gen. 50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Your error is in ASSUMING that whether something is "good" or "evil" is dependent on the action itself, rather than on the INTENTION.

Scripture is clear that God does everything that comes to pass.
Everything He does, He does for GOOD, not for "evil".
When God caused Joseph's brothers to slavery in Egypt, He did it for GOOD.
When God caused Assyria to attack Israel (Isa. 10), He did it for GOOD.
When God caused the Romans and Jews to crucify Jesus, He did it for GOOD.

And God was and is the cause of everything, and God has done NO "evil". Everything He has done He has done for "good". It is only man's intent that is evil.

The Bible says that God causes evil to happen but this does not mean that God is evil. God cannot be evil because He is God.

Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
Job 42:11 KJV

God does as He pleases and it's never evil.

The Bible says that God causes evil to happen but this does not mean that God is evil. God cannot be evil because He is God.

Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
Job 42:11 KJV

God does as He pleases and it's never evil.
Nope, God bragged to Satan how Job hated evil and God gave Satan permission to test Job. God did no evil to anyone you’re blaming God for what satan did.

Read the verse I quoted in Job 42
I did but you cut off the part where Satan said to God job was faithful because God provided him everything he needed, and then God allowed Satan to test Job. You are blaming God( who knew Job would remain faithful) for what satan did.

Back