Is Calvinism heresy ?

Therefore thus saith the Lord , Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
Jeremiah 11:11 KJV

Therefore thus saith the Lord , Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.
Jeremiah 11:11 KJV
Boys and pieces does not the truth convey. God used a foreign army to judge them because of their rebellion and sin.

Boys and pieces does not the truth convey. God used a foreign army to judge them because of their rebellion and sin.
I can go all day with this. I'm trying to show you that you don't actually believe man has free will. If man has free will God doesn't.

And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.
Daniel 5:21 KJV

I can go all day with this. I'm trying to show you that you don't actually believe man has free will. If man has free will God doesn't.
God doesn't? Why?
And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.
Daniel 5:21 KJV
You're confused by quoting this verse in support of MAN not having free will. Having free will does not mean you get away with what you decide. Or to get your way in what you decide. And you don't get to choose the consequences of your actions. No one who believes in free will believes that either.

God doesn't? Why?
If man has free will then man is God.

You're confused by quoting this verse in support of MAN not having free will. Having free will does not mean you get away with what you decide. Or to get your way in what you decide. And you don't get to choose the consequences of your actions. No one who believes in free will believes that either.
Then why do you believe mans decision causes salvation? I thought you claimed that man has free will in Salvation.

God doesn't? Why?

Bingo spot on once again .

Scripture says God cannot be tempted to commit evil neither tempts He any man
Unchecked Copy Box
Jas 1:13 - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man:
I'm curious what you think this means since you post it so much, so I looked up the Greek "tempted".

tempt = peirazo = endeavor scrutinize entice discipline examine prove tempt try.
A wide range of meanings for sure but I thought "scrutinize" was interesting and higher on the list than "tempt" anyway.'

If the English "scrutinize" were used for peirazo it would make a fantastic Calvinist proof text. The whole free will doctrine is centered around God scrutinizing or "examining" a person's "belief".

I'm curious what you think this means since you post it so much, so I looked up the Greek "tempted".

tempt = peirazo = endeavor scrutinize entice discipline examine prove tempt try.
A wide range of meanings for sure but I thought "scrutinize" was interesting and higher on the list than "tempt" anyway.'

If the English "scrutinize" were used for peirazo it would make a fantastic Calvinist proof text. The whole free will doctrine is centered around God scrutinizing or "examining" a person's "belief".
Here we go again redefining words to fit an unbiblical doctrine.

Therefore you admit you've been wrong this whole time about God's "wrath" and would like to apologize?
Therefore you admit you've been wrong this whole time about God's "wrath" and would like to apologize?
Only in your mind have I admitted anything. God using a foreign army to punish those that rebelled and sinned against him is NOT God committing evil even though you have been brain washed into not understanding the difference.

Only in your mind have I admitted anything. God using a foreign army to punish those that rebelled and sinned against him is NOT God committing evil even though you have been brain washed into not understanding the difference.
I'm curious, did God tempt (peirazo) the army to do it?

Back