Is Messianic Judaism a Judiasm.

Rabbinic Judaism doesn't believe Jesus is Messiah
and so
they refuse to accept the notion of a Jesus centered New covenant context for "Judaism"/stuff Jews do

The answer is a resounding no. Messianic Judaism is Christianity, and faces ethical criticism for lying about this.

Not only does Messianic Judaism believe that Jesus is the messiah and that he died for sins, which is the core of Christian belief, it also accepts that Jesus is God -- that is something utterly blasphemous to Jews. It also accept the New Testament, which is not part of the Jewish canon, but of the Chrsitian canon.

On the flip side, the things that are core to Judaism is Torah and Talmud. If a religion has no place for Torah and Talmud, they are not Judaism. With very few exceptions, most MJ congregations are "Bible Only" -- they are obvious spinoffs of Protestant Christianity.

MJ's need to be honest. Lying and saying you are a Judaism just takes away from your credibility.
I'm not a MJ, but I know they aren't trinitarians and I think it's a misstatement to say they believe Jesus is God.
I "investigated" MJism years ago and landed somewhere between them and Charismatic Christianity. ?

I'm not a MJ, but I know they aren't trinitarians and I think it's a misstatement to say they believe Jesus is God.
I "investigated" MJism years ago and landed somewhere between them and Charismatic Christianity. ?
I'm glad that your search ended with you feeling like you found where you belong. :)

Here are the statements of faith from the MJ denominations.

From the UMJC website's statement of faith:
"There is one God, who has revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

From the MJAA website's statement of faith (repeated on the IAMCS webstie as well):
We believe that the Shema, “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one” ... and that He exists forever in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as mentioned in Romans 8:14-17 (Father, Spirit, and Messiah – Son) and Matthew 28:18-20 (immersing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

During my eight months that I investigated MJ, participating in a congregation, etc., I did run into a couple of Jews there who did not believe Jesus was God. However, the vast majority of the congregation did accept the deity of Jesus, and certainly it was taught by the Rabbi.

The answer is a resounding no. Messianic Judaism is Christianity,
Absolutely!!! Since the Biblical Jewish religious system has essentially been DEAD for several thousand years (no temple, no sacrifice) it's no longer an issue. Messianic Jews, are still "Jews" after the Flesh, but they've accepted the FACT of their Messiah who was promised throughout the Bible, and been Cleansed of their SIN. "Messianic Jews" have been around since the Ressurection, and Born again Christians since John 20:22.

Since the Biblical Jewish religious system has essentially been DEAD for several thousand years (no temple, no sacrifice) it's no longer an issue.
Not really sure what you are talking about. Judaism has adjusted to not having a temple, and is doing just fine.

Not really sure what you are talking about. Judaism has adjusted to not having a temple, and is doing just fine.
What makes you believe that your "human adjustments" mean anything at all before God?

Judaism destroyed its Messiah, and can't even PRETEND that it's following the old ways (which don't work anymore anyway).

I'm glad that your search ended with you feeling like you found where you belong. :)

Here are the statements of faith from the MJ denominations.

From the UMJC website's statement of faith:
"There is one God, who has revealed Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit."

From the MJAA website's statement of faith (repeated on the IAMCS webstie as well):
We believe that the Shema, “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one” ... and that He exists forever in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, as mentioned in Romans 8:14-17 (Father, Spirit, and Messiah – Son) and Matthew 28:18-20 (immersing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).

During my eight months that I investigated MJ, participating in a congregation, etc., I did run into a couple of Jews there who did not believe Jesus was God. However, the vast majority of the congregation did accept the deity of Jesus, and certainly it was taught by the Rabbi.
To me, there's a huge difference between saying Jesus is God and saying Jesus is deity. I believe he is the son of God and deity.

What makes you believe that your "human adjustments" mean anything at all before God?
Erm, because the prophets had the authority to make those adjustments, as do the Levites and Judges (rabbis).
Judaism destroyed its Messiah, and can't even PRETEND that it's following the old ways (which don't work anymore anyway).
The Messiah hasn't come yet.

You know, really, this conversation is not really appropriate for this room. I'm a regular in the Judaism room, and if you want to switch the conversation there, I'll be happy to converse.

To me, there's a huge difference between saying Jesus is God and saying Jesus is deity. I believe he is the son of God and deity.
I know of no difference between a deity and a god. The two words are synonyms.

Can you explain what YOU mean when you say deity?

Erm, because the prophets had the authority to make those adjustments, as do the Levites and Judges (rabbis).

You know, really, this conversation is not really appropriate for this room. I'm a regular in the Judaism room, and if you want to switch the conversation there, I'll be happy to converse.
There's nothing to discuss.

the Biblical Jewish religious system has essentially been DEAD for several thousand years (no temple, no sacrifice)
I say Rabbinic Judaism is not Biblical Judaism
and get told "there is no such thing as a Biblical Judaism"
how else was someone that was under the Mosaic covenant supposed to have the Faith taught in the Bible?

You know, really, this conversation is not really appropriate for this room.
this is a Jesus believer forum
and MJ believes Jesus, no?

I say Rabbinic Judaism is not Biblical Judaism
and get told "there is no such thing as a Biblical Judaism"
how else was someone that was under the Mosaic covenant supposed to have the Faith taught in the Bible?
The "Jewish religious system" means little or nothing, since it'a all built on a LIE.
this is a Jesus believer forum
and MJ believes Jesus, no?
Messianic Jews (Real ones), are Born again Christians who happen to be of the Jewish nationality. The Apostles in the Bible were "Messianic Jews".

and they could continue to observe or not as they chose or could use for witness - having freedom in Messiah
and were not to push it on gentiles in a Lawful binding way

it's the Belief and understanding about the Law commands vis a vis Jesus Messiah now that matters in MJ
not that they might observe Jewish things, being Jews they might do so

He's elohim.
Forgive me, but that doesn't really give me what I was after. You are maintaining that deity means something other than god. So I am asking you for your definition of deity, highlighting how you think this word means something different from god. Thanks for your patience.

Back