Jesus and God aren’t the same person

Isa. 9:6 ... And [the child] shall be called, ... Mighty God.."
John 1:1 ... And the word was God.
John 20:28 ... And Thomas said to [Jesus], ... my God."
Acts 20:28 ... Church of God .... [God's] own blood".
Phil. 2:5-6 ... Christ Jesus, who being in the form of God..."
Col. 2:9 ... the fullness of the godhead bodily...
Tit. 2:13 ... "our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ".
Heb. 1:8 ... of the Son, He says, "thy throne, O God..."
2 Pet. 1:1 ... the righteousness of our God and Saviour, Jesus Christ"

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Phil. 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

John 12:41 Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him.

There are some extremely serious problems with your own take with all the verses above. The question is whether your actually want to know about these serious problems or whether you just want to pretend there just aren't any.

The final words of Jesus in the gospel of Matthew were, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Amen, go and be the same example as he was in the Father. People are not going to believe what you say no more than they believed what Jesus said of himself and his God who sent him, but by what you see him do, and we are no different. If you do not walk in the same light of God that he walked in with the same signs following, who is going to believe what you say? If you walk in Gods same light of mind they are not going to hear you at all. One physical example of Gods way be your own as Jesus was covers tomes of what he said of himself and his God who sent him.

This proves that his relationship with the Father was not the same as that of other men.
If you do not have that same relationship with the God Jesus obeyed and said sent him, then I can see why you have no relationship with the same God as Jesus had with his God.

As you say -- it is impossible for you to follow the ways of Jesus in the God he prayed to, and obeyed, and said sent him, and said should be in you as well in Luke 17:20-21, and walk as He walks in His same light of mind as Jesus did.

You only separate yourself from Gods Holy Spirit of mind be your own as Jesus was of His same Spirit mind.

Jesus didnt receive the mind of God until he was about 30 years old, Read Matt 3:16 and see for yourself. And if you will read it instead of adding your own beliefs about it is is very clear that Jesus didnt know God either until He was manifested in Jesus.

Only because the same Spirit of God cannot be in you the same as He was in Jesus doesnt mean others cant, it only means that you cant is all.

Wrong again.

As I have pointed out repeaetedly, you don't seem to understand the difference between,

"The Father is the only true God" (which we believe), and
"Only the Father is God" (which is what Scripture does NOT say).
Where does it say that God is not the only Father of Love that His Spirit is? Holy Love, or Holy Spirit Love is called?

The issue is not about multiple "gods", the issue is multiple persons in the ONE true godhead.
Amen God is not a person at all, He is a Spirit.
Jesus NEVER said, "I am not the only true God".
You lose.
Amen, he said his God sent sent him to show you the way to be like Him yourself.
I've probably read it over a hundred times.
It's not going to change its meaning.
Only if you have a belief about it and do not live it yourself as Jesus lived it.
I've already demonstrated that YOU are the one who doesn't correctly understand John 17:3.
Amen, most cant see the AND between God AND Jesus
"Only" doesn't modify "Father".
"Only" modifies "God".
God cannot be modified, He is the same today as He was yesterday and will be the same tomorrow, and either God is the Father of your Spiritual mind that He is, or you He is not the father of your Spiritual mind. Not Even Jesus could escape this fact when he received from God His same Spirit of mind in Matt 3;16.

If you do not have that same relationship with the God Jesus obeyed and said sent him, then I can see why you have no relationship with the same God as Jesus had with his God.

The ultimate lie is that none are begotten of God but Jesus and none know God like Jesus did and none can possibly walk as Jesus walked.

The devil is quite pleased when men believe this lie because it means their certain defeat.

<sigh>
I sincerely believe I gave you some good points to consider, and some good advice to move the discussion forward, instead of simply flapping your gums talking past each other.

But instead of taking it to heart, and considering it, you apparently decided to simply take personal defend, and respond in a, "I know you are but what am I?" fashion.

And that's sad.

As for your false accusation of "idolatry", I understand where you're coming from, and you are simply wrong. I'm not worshipping a man, I'm worshipping the God of the Bible, who BECAME a man. And that's NOT "idolatry".

You reject all the passages which teach that Jesus is deity.
I do not.
So I am on solid ground.

But you need not worry about my standing before God:

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Rom. 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

I don't have to "make" Jesus anything.
He already made Himself God.

You need to open your eyes:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Phil. 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Of course I do.
Yes you do believe that, but the real truth come by GHod Himself be manifest in you where your you are like the Father of it as Jesus became in Matt 3:16. when he received from God, or you He is not manifested Himself in you as He did in Jesus and you only have a belief about it instead.

Wrong again.

As I have pointed out repeaetedly, you don't seem to understand the difference between,

"The Father is the only true God" (which we believe), and
"Only the Father is God" (which is what Scripture does NOT say).

The issue is not about multiple "gods", the issue is multiple persons in the ONE true godhead.

Jesus NEVER said, "I am not the only true God".
You lose.

I've probably read it over a hundred times.
It's not going to change its meaning.

I've already demonstrated that YOU are the one who doesn't correctly understand John 17:3.

"Only" doesn't modify "Father".
"Only" modifies "God".

“the only true God” refers to the only God being mentioned. The only true God is the Father. John 17:3 plainly says who God is. Im going with that. If that’s wrong I’ll throw the Bible out as useless.

By the way, all Jesus needed to say for me to believe he is God is “I am God.” He didn’t do that. I can only trust that he did not intend anyone to actually think he is God. Perhaps the idea of a man being God was so ludicrous it wasn’t worth discussing. It didn’t need any discussion.

By the way, all Jesus needed to say for me to believe he is God is “I am God.” He didn’t do that.

First of all, I don't believe that you would have believed Him had He said that, since He did, and you obviously don't believe Him.

Secondly, maybe there's a reason He wasn't obvious in making such a claim of Himself, but allowed others to claim it of him:

John 5:31 If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. 32 There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the testimony that he bears about me is true.

If Jesus came out and said, "I am God, worship me", it would come off as very arrogant, and not humble. And you (among others) would immediately reject it as blasphemy ("worshipping man rather than God").

It would also be confusing to His hearers, since it would possibly lead to them abandoning the Father in place of Jesus.

So that's why Jesus allowed others to testify of His deity:

Isaiah: "Mighty God" (Isa. 9:6, see also John 12:41);
The Psalmist: "Your throne, O God" (Ps. 45:6);
John: "... and the word was God" (John 1:1c);
Thomas: "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28);
Luke: "the church of God, which was purchased with His own blood" (Acts 20:28);
Paul: "God over all" (Rom. 9:5);
Paul: "our great God and Saviour" (Tit. 2:13);
Writer of Hebrews: "Your throne, O God" (Heb. 1:8);
Peter: "our God and Saviour" (2 Pet. 1:1);

And then there's:
Clement of Rome;
Ignatius of Antioch;
Polycarp;
Melito of Sardis;
Justin Martry;
Irenaeus;
Clement of Alexandria;
Tertullian;
Hippolytus;

I can only trust that he did not intend anyone to actually think he is God. Perhaps the idea of a man being God was so ludicrous it wasn’t worth discussing. It didn’t need any discussion.

Then why do 99.99% of Christians believe Christ is God?
Why would the vast, vast, vast majority of Christians be so moronic (according to you) so as to believe Christ is God, if it is so "obviously" false?

Jesus said "ONE is your Father and he is in heaven." You have a problem. I know. You don't care.
Moses built an altar and called it "YHWH my banner." According to your reasoning, this altar IS God. I know. You don't care.
Jesus came in the NAME of his Father and made HIS FATHER's NAME known to the world and that is why he bears this name given at Isaiah 9:6. It does not mean he IS God anymore than Moses' altar is God.

Yes the word Jesus proclaimed made God known to the world.

Yes of course. Thomas refers to Jesus and the God of Jesus. To see Jesus is to see the Father. Jesus said so.

What about the important manuscript variant that does not say this? You don't care? Or you just make up excuses for yourself? Which is it?
And what about the translation difficulties here on top of it? Many scholars disagree with your take above.

Yes we know. You don't care.

Strange that one would need to say God is in the form of God don't you think? Moreover, Paul explains here that he is referring to the risen Christ and why he is now in that state.

The fulness of God dwells in every genuine believer. Read your Bible.

Yeah, I know. You don't care.

It says a little more than that doesn't it? It says we are awaiting the appearing OF (1) the glory of the great God, and (2) Savior of us Jesus Christ.

No, sorry but GS rule whining won't help. None was broken.

Basic Greek tells us that ho thronos sou ho theos tells us which throne Jesus sat down upon - the God one - just as Revelation 3:21 says.

Yeah, we know you don't care about actual facts.

Same construction at 2 Thess 1:12 which scholarship overwhelmingly rejects as referring to one person. I know. You don't care.

You also probably don't care about your manuscript problem here.

Isaiah was a prophet who spoke about the coming Messiah. Of course he saw his glory and spoke of him.

I'm afraid you have built your feeble house upon the sand.

I know. You don't care.

Where does it say that God is not the only Father of Love that His Spirit is? Holy Love, or Holy Spirit Love is called?

There are many reasons I usually ignore your worthless posts. The above is one of them. Not only can I not make any sense out of your question (and questions are NOT valid arguments, FYI), but you appear to be challenging my beliefs, and I've never said anything of the sort related to whatever question you're trying to ask me.

So responding to your arguments is a colossal waste of time.

Amen God is not a person at all, He is a Spirit.

You do ralize that your statement is contradictory, right?
First you say "God is not a person", then you refer to Him with the PERSONAL pronoun, 'He". If you deny that God is a person, you would use the impersonal pronoun, "it".

God cannot be modified, He is the same today as He was yesterday and will be the same tomorrow,

<sigh>
Are you even serious?!

Appaerntly you are ignorant of the fact that "modify" is a grammatical term to describe which noun adjectives are referring to and informing our understanding of.

It does NOT mean that God is being "modified".

In the phrase, "Holy God", "Holy" is modifying "God".
In the phrase, "omnipotent God", "omnipotent" is modifying"God".
In the phrase, "blessed God", "blessed" is modifying "God".
In the phrase, "only God", "only" is modifying "God".

You mean like how "the true (one)" modifies "the vine"?

εγω ειμι η αμπελος η αληθινη και ο πατηρ μου ο γεωργος εστιν
John 15:1

and how "the holy (one) modifies "the Spirit"?

διο καθως λεγει το πνευμα το αγιον σημερον εαν της φωνης αυτου ακουσητε
Hebrews 3:7

And how "the right (one) modifies "the eye"?

ει δε ο οφθαλμος σου ο δεξιος σκανδαλιζει σε εξελε αυτον και βαλε απο σου συμφερει γαρ σοι ινα αποληται εν των μελων σου και μη ολον το σωμα σου βληθη εις γεενναν
Matthew 5:29

And how ho thronos modifies ho thronos just like ο οφθαλμος modifies ο δεξιος?

προς δε τον υιον ο θρονος σου ο θεος εις τον αιωνα
Hebrews 1:8

Is that how it works? Do tell.

Yeah look at that again.

ο οφθαλμος σου ο δεξιος Matthew 5:29
ο θρονος σου ο θεος Hebrews 1:8

What modifies what again?

Last edited:
First of all, I don't believe that you would have believed Him had He said that, since He did, and you obviously don't believe Him.
I am His son, does that make me a god as well?
Secondly, maybe there's a reason He wasn't obvious in making such a claim of Himself, but allowed others to claim it of him:
God didnt allow anything, He commanded we be like Him and walk as He walks in His same light of mind.
John 5:31 If I alone bear witness about myself, my testimony is not true. 32 There is another who bears witness about me, and I know that the testimony that he bears about me is true.
All who has from God that what Jesus received in Matt 3:16 bears the same witness of God as Jesus did when he received from God and not before.
If Jesus came out and said, "I am God, worship me", it would come off as very arrogant, and not humble.
Oh' he came off very arrogant to those who had him crucified for whet the deemed as arrogant. I have been accuse do the very same arrogance as Jesus was accused of for the very same reason.
And you (among others) would immediately reject it as blasphemy ("worshipping man rather than God").
To worship man instead of God is blaspheme, for God is a Spirit and not as man, man is only the temple, of God, the plav=ce God resides in His temple we are. Not many believe Jesus when he said the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, but is within you in Luke 17:20-21. Most call that blaspheme.
It would also be confusing to His hearers, since it would possibly lead to them abandoning the Father in place of Jesus.
Actually when one follows Jesus to his God he called Father has abandon self beliefs and become like HGod to know this difference, sen 3;22.
Amen, and the same deity of mind that is Holy resides in us all who has Gods same deity of mind and we walk in it as He walks in it.

And then there's:
Clement of Rome;
Ignatius of Antioch;
Polycarp;
Melito of Sardis;
Justin Martry;
Irenaeus;
Clement of Alexandria;
Tertullian;
Hippolytus;

I would argue that 99.99% who calling to be Christian but refuse to be anointed of God, which would be Christ in you, dont have a clue what it is to be that person of Christ who is anointed of God as Jesus became in Matt 3:16.
Why would the vast, vast, vast majority of Christians be so moronic (according to you) so as to believe Christ is God, if it is so "obviously" false?
Because we who has received Gods Christ, anointing in us are exactly like Him as Jesus became like him in Matt 3:16.

A Christian is Christ like just as Jesus was Christ like, anointed of God to walk exactly as He walks in His same light of mind that is anointed by God Himself be our own disposition. Obviously that is beyond your comprehension in yourself.

There are many reasons I usually ignore your worthless posts.
I agree with you totally. What Jesus said of himself and his God who sent him is worthless to you without a doubt.
The above is one of them. Not only can I not make any sense out of your question (and questions are NOT valid arguments, FYI), but you appear to be challenging my beliefs, and I've never said anything of the sort related to whatever question you're trying to ask me.
I simply asked of you - who do you say it was Jesus referred to when he said this of himself and his God.
If you cant answer just say so and skip all the theatrics.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

So responding to your arguments is a colossal waste of time.
I agree, the ways of Jesus in the Father he said we should walk in, defiantly is a wast of time for you.
You do ralize that your statement is contradictory, right?
Oh' it is indeed, just as Jesus comments was contradictory in his day for the same mentality as you for sure. Look how these treated him, and all I do is repeat that what Jesus Said of himself anf=d his God he obeyed and prayed to and said sent him just as God does in us all who has received from God Himself as you are supposed to in yourself.

It isn't I you disagree with, it is Jesus you disagree with.
First you say "God is not a person", then you refer to Him with the PERSONAL pronoun, 'He".
Well my boat is a she, and she is beautiful and handles very nicely, but that doesnt mean my boat is a woman LOL.

You are very elementary and narrow minded.
If you deny that God is a person, you would use the impersonal pronoun, "it".
I do deny that God is a persion because I met Him just as Jesus did in Matt 3:16. It would do you well to meet the same One as we have.
<sigh>
Are you even serious?!
As a heart beat.
Appaerntly you are ignorant of the fact that "modify" is a grammatical term to describe which noun adjectives are referring to and informing our understanding of.
Modification is to change the original intent to be like Him as He origionally creates man to be in His same image of Spirit He is.
It does NOT mean that God is being "modified".
It means you are trying to modify Him to be in your same image.
Holy means -- dedicated or consecrated to Gods own purpose; sacred.
In the phrase, "omnipotent God", "omnipotent" is modifying"God".
Omnipotent means -- having unlimited power; able to do anything. unlimited power; able to do anything.

In the phrase, "blessed God", "blessed" is modifying "God".
The meaning of HOLY is exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness

In the phrase, "only God", "only" is modifying "God".
Only means one, souly.

What is you point in these elementary phrases?

If Jesus came out and said, "I am God, worship me", it would come off as very arrogant, and not humble. And you (among others) would immediately reject it as blasphemy ("worshipping man rather than God").

And then there's:
Clement of Rome;
Ignatius of Antioch;
Polycarp;
Melito of Sardis;
Justin Martry;
Irenaeus;
Clement of Alexandria;
Tertullian;
Hippolytus;

Jesus didn’t say he is God. You are the nonbeliever here. He said his God is the only true God. You say you believe that, but you don’t.

Amen, go and be the same example as he was in the Father. People are not going to believe what you say no more than they believed what Jesus said of himself and his God who sent him, but by what you see him do, and we are no different. If you do not walk in the same light of God that he walked in with the same signs following, who is going to believe what you say? If you walk in Gods same light of mind they are not going to hear you at all. One physical example of Gods way be your own as Jesus was covers tomes of what he said of himself and his God who sent him.

Jesus is our example but he was also something more. By his death he provided forgiveness for sin and gave us the power to follow the example he set. He has commanded us to walk in the light and to let our light shine before others but he was the light. Perhaps is should have used the word is rather than was. Jesus is still alive and carrying out his work.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 ESV

Jesus is our example but he was also something more.
Nothing more than a child of God who obeyed his Father.

Here is what Jesus Said of himself and his God who sent him, that obviously you do not believe of Jesus at all.

John 12:49: For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 7:16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 5 :17 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 5:19. “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.”

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 16:23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

By his death he provided forgiveness for sin and gave us the power to follow the example he set.
Sin can only be forgiven by God if you actually repent from them. As long as you hold onto your sins, God cannot forgive you of them at all.

Most as yourself confess you are a sinner but never repent from Him to walk in Gods salvation from them.

God takes away the sins of this world, 1 John 3, not cover them over with sympathy for you who is a sinner.

He has commanded us to walk in the light and to let our light shine before others but he was the light.
Only if you have received His same light from God Himself as Jesus did in Matt 3:16 when he began to walk in Gods same light of mind.
Perhaps is should have used the word is rather than was. Jesus is still alive and carrying out his work.
Then where is he? Present him if you can and I will make the trip and sit with him and have a talk.

Jesus is no longer with us, what remains is his same Spirit of God as he receieved from God Himself in Matt 3:16, now that One I have met and we cover every minute of ever day, He in me and I in Him are one just as He was in Jesus no different at all.

All you have done is separate yourself from His Christ, which would be Gods anointing of mind in you.

The only true God is his God and there is no God but his God.
This sounds exactly like the Islamic shahada. Do you believe the God of the Bible and the God of the Quran are the same? From your POV, it seems the crux of Jesus' and Mohammad's message are the same. If you disagree, how did you decide which is the true God?

This sounds exactly like the Islamic shahada. Do you believe the God of the Bible and the God of the Quran are the same? From your POV, it seems the crux of Jesus' and Mohammad's message are the same.
The God of Christianity is simply Love and the Spirit of and man is the beholder of His same disposition of mind.

Back