Just the Wine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Roman Catholic Church teaches that the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ is fully contained in both their consecrated wine and bread, then why doesn't the RCC just wine alone instead of just wafers alone for Roman Catholic communicants to receive at communion time?
Bread is CHEAP and easier to sweep up if it gets dropped. WINE is costly, and makes a MESS when it hits the floor.
SO the choice is easy.

Next time you 'line up' to receive communion, and it becomes 'your turn' to collect the wafer in your hand or on your awaiting tongue, tell the RCC priest that you want to receive the wine instead instead of the wafer and let us know how the RCC priest accommodates your request.
You can just bypass communion under the form of bread and go to the chalice instead.

And please try to be a bit more respectful. I don't think you'd like it if I continually referred to the Bible "that book of fairytales" like atheists do sometimes. Just call it communion or communion bread, please.

Merry Christmas.

You mean Jesus' blood will get infected?
It's under the form of wine so can transmit viruses just like any other liquid can. Jesus, who is a truly divine person, came to us under our human form and so was able to bleed, eat and do those things humans do. That is the beauty of our God, He comes to us as we can accept Him.

RayneBeau said:
Next time you 'line up' to receive communion, and it becomes 'your turn' to collect the wafer in your hand or on your awaiting tongue, tell the RCC priest that you want to receive the wine instead instead of the wafer and let us know how the RCC priest accommodates your request.
You can just bypass communion under the form of bread and go to the chalice instead.

And please try to be a bit more respectful. I don't think you'd like it if I continually referred to the Bible "that book of fairytales" like atheists do sometimes. Just call it communion or communion bread, please.

Merry Christmas.
calling a wafer a wafer is not respectful to you? the followers of Christ didn't use a round little wafer when they broke bread in remembrance of Him. I've not seen a little round wafer used for communion since I left the RCC.

online dictionary - communion -
noun

1. the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level.
    "in this churchyard communion with the dead was almost palpable"

the service of Christian worship at which bread and wine are consecrated and shared.

What did Jesus teach us?
Don't you know? And why would you care anyway? Roman Catholics have always lived by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, giving no heed whatsoever to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Bread is CHEAP and easier to sweep up if it gets dropped. WINE is costly, and makes a MESS when it hits the floor.
SO the choice is easy.
Oh no! no! no! ..... If the RCC's consecrated bread falls on the floor, the Roman Catholic priest does just as a snake does, he 'tongues-up' into his mouth, each and every crumb of Jesus Christ's body, blood, soul, and divinity - God forbid that the crumbs be swept up, leaving open any chance of a miniscule microscopic dust particle or hair to be mixed in with the sacred crumbs or touch the sacred bread in any way.
As far as spilling the wine goes, the Roman Catholic priests are very adept at using a straw to suck up every last drop of wine (consecrated or not) off of a floor or any surface the wine touches or puddles-up in.

Don't you know? And why would you care anyway? Roman Catholics have always lived by the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, giving no heed whatsoever to the teachings of Jesus Christ.
So you are saying that we shouldn't listen to what the church says but what scripture says - scripture alone?

So you are saying that we shouldn't listen to what the church says but what scripture says - scripture alone?
still hanging on to to that? that was discussed over and over on the old forum and it is even in the ccc. look it up. Scripture is God's word, it is our ultimate source of knowledge that He has given us - read it.

If you believe in Him and follow Him then why don't you want to know what He has to say to you?

Believers also have the guidance of the Holy Spirit (Who inspired His written word) and that comes with being born again, not with water baptism.

Do you have much of an understanding of the English language, because it seems like my question did not register with you.

Merry Christmas.
LOL. More appropriately, why don't YOU try being respectful instead of continually ignoring my 2 questions directed to you for over a month now - and you know very well which questions they are. Should I just call your refusal to answer those questions as immature rudeness, ignorant arrogance or unmannered cowardice - but actually,. . . . it's really all three.

Mary Christmas

When communion is offered under both species, there are two different people distributing each. There is no need to "tell" the priest you want only the cup. Just go to the person with the cup. There really is no difficulty. Of course now, with covid-19 precautions, communion is generally offered only under one species.

I have never seen any RCC priest offer the wine instead of a wafer to anyone - ever - the RCC priests keep the wine for themselves
Prior to Vatican II, that was common. After Vatican II the general distribution under both forms became more common. Really.

RayneBeau said:
More appropriately, why don't YOU try being respectful instead of continually ignoring my 2 questions directed to you for over a month now
It is not disrespectful to decline to answer every question posed on a discussion forum. There is no obligation, either legally or morally or ethically, to respond. Responses are totally voluntary.

Last edited:
LOL. More appropriately, why don't YOU try being respectful instead of continually ignoring my 2 questions directed to you for over a month now - and you know very well which questions they are. Should I just call your refusal to answer those questions as immature rudeness, ignorant arrogance or unmannered cowardice - but actually,. . . . it's really all three.

Mary Christmas
I had to smile at that because it is exactly what I thought when I saw 'Merry Christmas' on here a few hours earlier.

LOL. More appropriately, why don't YOU try being respectful instead of continually ignoring my 2 questions directed to you for over a month now - and you know very well which questions they are.
Please restate them and I'll answer them promptly.
Should I just call your refusal to answer those questions as immature rudeness, ignorant arrogance or unmannered cowardice - but actually,. . . . it's really all three.

Mary Christmas
No comment.

calling a wafer a wafer is not respectful to you?
No, it isn't, so please don't do so. I would hope we can all respect one another enough not to use the most derogatory terms to refer to our liturgical and spiritual practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back