Learning to become a god

God may call us just as we are--but if being born again is a requirement for His grace unto life--then eternal life does not come to those who do not change, and remain just as they are.

And, if eternal life does not have anything to do with what "we have done"--then why are all judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation?

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

The testimony of Jesus does warrant consideration there--does it not?

Matthew 16:27---King James Version
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
This thread is about learning to become a god, not about salvation or exaltation. I would suggest you start a new thread where you can keep quoting your same old verses that have been explained many times.

God may call us just as we are--but if being born again is a requirement for His grace unto life--then eternal life does not come to those who do not change, and remain just as they are.\

And once again, Mormons go out of their way to boast to us how terrible their educational experience was, and how ignorant they are.

I know 6-year-olds who understand that someone who is "born" ALREADY HAS life.
It's not a 'requirement" for life,
And so if Mormons don't even understand THAT much, I really don't know what to tell you.

And, if eternal life does not have anything to do with what "we have done"--then why are all judged according to their works--and that for life or damnation?

For the thousandth time, you are CONFUSING "correlation" with "causation".
You want good works to "causes" salvation.
They don't.

John 5:28-29---King James Version
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Okay, let me explain something to you.
My grandparents' best friends had a cherry tree in their front yard. We knew it was a cherry tree even before it started growing cherries. Do you know why? The tree didn't grow cherries (the fruit) to "become" a cherry tree. It always WAS a cherry tree. It grew cherries because it (already) WAS a cherry tree.

An animal doesn't grow spots to "become" a leopard.
It grows spots because it already IS a leopard!

A tree doeesn't grow apples to "become" an apple tree.
It grows apples becuase it already IS an apple tree.

We don't do good works to "become" saved.
We do good works because we already ARE saved.

John 5:28f is NOT "salvation instructions".
It is simply explaining how Jesus will RECOGNIZE the righteous.

The testimony of Jesus does warrant consideration there--does it not?

Too bad you don't understand what He's teaching.

Matthew 16:27---King James Version
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

That doesn't say that the "reward" is eternal life.
So why the unwarranted ASSUMPTION?

Btw, maybe you're going to be willing to answer the questions that Gordon refuses to:
Ah ..more personal (and utterly false) attacks from Theo. Yes, I answered. You just didn't like how it was answered. I said they (the false gods/idols worshiped) were not real (multiple times)...but because I didn't say "Baal", specifically, isn't real, you (and other critics) claim I "refused" to answer. It's all a game of deflection and misdirection with you folks. You can't contend with me directly...so you sneak in side remarks about me to others.

Ah ..more personal (and utterly false) attacks from Theo. Yes, I answered. You just didn't like how it was answered. I said they (the false gods/idols worshiped) were not real (multiple times)...but because I didn't say "Baal", specifically, isn't real, you (and other critics) claim I "refused" to answer. It's all a game of deflection and misdirection with you folks. You can't contend with me directly...so you sneak in side remarks about me to others.
So to be clear, is it your position and understanding that there were no other "real gods" worshiped in Israel other than the LDS God the Father, Jesus(Jehovah) and the Holy Ghost? All the rest such as Baal, Molech, Pharoah and idols representing whatever/whomever were false gods, correct?
And the LDS god (Father, Jesus known as Jehovah and the Holy Ghost) were the only real gods on planet earth. Other real gods exist in other universes over planets?

Correct. However, as I showed on the other thread, other real gods (apart from the false ones/idols worshiped by the Gentiles) are spoken of in the Bible. We don't worship them either.
And you think they are mentioned where? Psalm 82?

Except no one can become perfect by his or her own power. There is ONLY ONE WAY to be perfect in God's eyes NOW--do YOU know what that way is, Richard?
“Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him … ,” Moroni pleads. “Love God with all your might, mind and strength, then … by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ.

Only through Christ can we become perfect....

Back