Let me name the RC ways of salvation

In other words--becasue what we are doing LOOKS to the Protestants like a violation of the Commandments, we should stop doing it?

Yeah---I am not buying what you are selling here. No one forces Protestants to come to Catholic churches. If Protestants do not like what we do or believe--they do not have to come to our churches.

I am sure not going to stop a worthy Catholic practice becasue some fundamentalist somewhere doesn't like it, that is for darn sure.
The poster was not selling you anything you can either follow scripture or not. The choice is always yours that is for sure. It is not a worthy practice. How is it worthy when it blatantly goes against God's word. There is nothing sacred about a statue.

From wordnik a statue is:

1. A three-dimensional form or likeness sculpted, modeled, carved, or cast in material such as stone, clay, wood, or bronze.
  2. A figure of a person or an animal, made of some solid substance, as marble, bronze, iron, or wood, or of any substance of solid appearance; a sculptured, cast, or molded figure, properly of some size (as distinguished from a statuette or figurine) and in the round (as distinguished from a relief or an intaglio).
  3. A picture.
It is clear from the Exodus passage one should not bow before such things but hey your an RC the rules of God do not apply to you do they?

If the RC breaks this rule then why should their ways of salvation be trusted as being truthful?? Returning to the op.

That is where we disagree. Catholics have never seen the commandment as an absolute prohibition against the use of images. This is due to the context in which the prohibition appears.

A real believer huh? I suppose you think you are a "real believer?"
Yep and they would be wrong. I know that an institution that does not respect the word of God is not teaching the truth and cannot be trusted and does not show the narrow path.

Of course being an RC you cannot claim to be a real believer, because that would be a sin of presumption.

In other words--becasue what we are doing LOOKS to the Protestants like a violation of the Commandments, we should stop doing it?
Not only Protestants, but atheists, and probably pagans as well. You'd rather continue eating meat, and causing someone to stumble.
Tell me, is from all appearance of evil refrain yourselves that difficult to comprehend? (No wonder RCs are anti-scriptura!)
Yeah---I am not buying what you are selling here.
Of course not! The Word of God is worthless to you! But I am not selling anything. Just relating what the Douay-Rheims (Challoner rev.) says.
No one forces Protestants to come to Catholic churches.
Not any more.
If Protestants do not like what we do or believe--they do not have to come to our churches.
We don't, despite Dingo's (and Arch's?) periodic invitations.
I am sure not going to stop a worthy Catholic practice becasue some fundamentalist somewhere doesn't like it, that is for darn sure.
Doesn't matter what some fundamentalist, or liberal, or anyone else likes or doesn't like. In the end, it will be YOU standing before God, trying to explain why
Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, nor of those things that are in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt not adore them, nor serve them: [rr-what the likenesses represent, as well as the likenesses] I am the Lord thy God, mighty, jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me
as well as from all appearance of evil refrain yourselves did not apply to you, Romish.

Last edited:
Not only Protestants, but atheists, and probably pagans as well.
Oh, well, I mean---if atheists and pagans are offended----

Dude, seriously? If I do not care what a bunch of fundamentalists think, why in the heck would I care what Richard Dawkins or some pagan thinks?

Next thing you will say "Megan Markle and Price Harry think you shouldn't bow down to statues" as if I should care what THEY think about the Catholic Faith.
You'd rather continue eating meat and causing someone to stumble.
There is a difference between legitimate scandal that causes people to stumble and the exercise of one's Faith.
Tell me, is from all appearance of evil refrain yourselves that difficult to comprehend? (No wonder RCs are anti-scriptura!)
Devotion to the saints and Mary, and their sacred images for use as aids in prayer is not evil, nor does it appear to be evil. The fact that Christian fundamentalists cannot tell the difference between bowing down to pagan statues in worship because you believe you can control the deity represented and necromancy, vs. authentic and true devotion to the sacred is their problem.
Of course not! The Word of God is worthless to you!
Your opinion is worthless to me, not the Word of God.
But I am not selling anything. Just relating what the Douay-Rheims (Challoner rev.) says.
Yes you are. You are selling your particular brand of Christian Biblical fundamentalism.

Dude, seriously? If I do not care what a bunch of fundamentalists think, why in the heck would I care what Richard Dawkins or some pagan thinks?

Next thing you will say "Megan Markle and Price Harry think you shouldn't bow down to statues" as if I should care what THEY think about the Catholic Faith.

There is a difference between legitimate scandal that causes people to stumble and the exercise of one's Faith.

Devotion to the saints and Mary, and their sacred images for use as aids in prayer is not evil, nor does it appear to be evil. The fact that Christian fundamentalists cannot tell the difference between bowing down to pagan statues in worship because you believe you can control the deity represented and necromancy, vs. authentic and true devotion to the sacred is their problem.

Yes you are. You are selling your particular brand of Christian Biblical fundamentalism.

Dude, your life is a walking testimony, for real dude. Your words, and actions say a lot about you and your institution.

People who do not believe God exists, can see whether a person actually follows Christ, or a religion. Your institution is supposed to be about Christ... but here you are whining about mary not being worshipped. What does that say about your institution? Certainly isn't about Jesus is it?

On the other hand (subject being meat offered to idols) Paul is clear that IF your legitimate exercise of faith, causes your brother to stumble (because his faith is weaker, and he sees you do something that HIS faith won't allow) he may copy you, and fall into SIN. in short YOU are not acting in LOVE toward him when your example him causes him to do what he thinks is wrong (even though you know in FAITH that it's not). Romans 14 covers that consideration.

Then your light is not shining. Or it is darkness.
Maybe — just maybe – you might care what the Almighty thinks. But don't worry, the RCC is got it covered. Back to sleep, little sheep. Your hired shepherds are on the job.
Why do you keep bringing up (ex-) royals?

Devotion to the saints and Mary, and their sacred images for use as aids in prayer is not evil, nor does it appear to be evil.
Well, because your hired shepherds tell you it's OK, so it's OK to you. Just do not inquire of YAHWEH what He thinks.
The fact that Christian fundamentalists cannot tell the difference between bowing down to pagan statues in worship..
Ooooh – like Pachamama?
... because you believe you can control the deity represented and necromancy, vs. authentic and true devotion to the sacred is their problem.
Take it up with YAHWEH. It is He Who says, "Don't" while your leaders say, "It's OK!". Reminiscent of Jeroboam, who said "It's OK to worship here, you don't have to go to Jerusalem!" And look at at what the priests were doing in Ezekiel's day.
Oh! You hurt my feeling! If it is worthless, why respond? (And respond. And respond...)
Keep reading those Giacomo Chickalini tracts...

Then your light is not shining. Or it is darkness.
My light is not shining? Or is it that atheists are blind? How do blind people see light? In order for an atheist's to see the light, God must first give them sight.
Maybe — just maybe – you might care what the Almighty thinks.
I do. YOU are not YHWH. It is YOUR opinions I do not care about.
But don't worry, the RCC is got it covered. Back to sleep, little sheep. Your hired shepherds are on the job.
And have been since 33AD. Your shephards weren't heard of until 1500--at the earliest.
Why do you keep bringing up (ex-) royals?
The POINT I was making is that I care what God thinks, not what man thinks, no matter how elite.
Well, because your hired shepherds tell you it's OK, so it's OK to you. Just do not inquire of YAHWEH what He thinks.
As if I have never read the Bible.
Ooooh – like Pachamama?
No, not at all like that. Pope Francis has been condemned by many a Catholic for that. Pachamama is pagan. And why? Because Catholics know the difference between bowing down to pagan idols and legitimate devotion and respect for the sacred.
Take it up with YAHWEH. It is He Who says, "Don't" while your leaders say, "It's OK!".
No, my leaders do not. When Pope Francis DID say "Is okay" with Pachamama Catholics said "NO, it is not okay."
Reminiscent of Jeroboam, who said "It's OK to worship here, you don't have to go to Jerusalem!" And look at at what the priests were doing in Ezekiel's day.
Seriously? There is no comparison.

no you didnt. Try again. Post ONE thing the CC teaches?

the rcc teachings have been posted ad nauseam

balshan said:
1. saved by baptism
2. saved by the sacrament of communion
3. saved by following the pope
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

balshan said:
How many saviours do RCs have:

1. Mary
2. the pope
3. the RCC
4. and last but not least Jesus.

But scripture is clear we have only one saviour. Jesus.

Back