Let me name the RC ways of salvation

I said one. Name one thing that the cc teaches.
It is so sad that you cannot read. HMMM. Read the op. My op started with this, I never said that your institution taught it. Ivclearly said:

How many ways are there to be saved according to the various RC posts on here:

1. saved by baptism
2. saved by the sacrament of communion
3. saved by following the pope
4. saved by the RCC
5. saved by Mary.
6. prayers to Mary
7. works and so on

But I will pick No 1 - it is in your catechism.

1215 This sacrament is also called " the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit ," for it signifies and actually brings about the birth of water and the Spirit without which no one "can enter the kingdom of God.

So your nasty posts to me prove first you lack reading comprehesion and that I know what the RCC teaches and I can read and comprehend what RCs post.

Does it make any difference the Wycliffe bible was full of error?
Well, considering the Roman Catholic priest (indelible marks and all) John Wycliffe was translating the Latin Vulgate verbatum, perhaps his superiors could have shown him his mis-translations! Perhaps you can enlighten us as to where his errors were, and why they are erroneous. (Don't forget that Middle English is different from Modern English.)
Or, would you rather be in error just to show your hatred for Catholicism?

JoeT
"Hatred"? That seems to be a popular word amongst Catholics. Hatred would be digging up someone's cadaver, burning it, and throwing the remaining bones into the river. Hatred is burning someone at the stake for opposing simony.

I really do not hate Catholicism. It deeply saddens me to know what the RCC could have been had it not been led astray. I see the man-made teachings that go counter to God's Word, and the resistance to God's Holy Spirit such teachings produces. But having lived 18 years in the system, I fully realize how it enwraps its adherents, and how it takes a work of God Almighty to free them.

Well, considering the Roman Catholic priest (indelible marks and all) John Wycliffe was translating the Latin Vulgate verbatum, perhaps his superiors could have shown him his mis-translations! Perhaps you can enlighten us as to where his errors were, and why they are erroneous. (Don't forget that Middle English is different from Modern English.)

"Hatred"? That seems to be a popular word amongst Catholics. Hatred would be digging up someone's cadaver, burning it, and throwing the remaining bones into the river. Hatred is burning someone at the stake for opposing simony.

I really do not hate Catholicism. It deeply saddens me to know what the RCC could have been had it not been led astray. I see the man-made teachings that go counter to God's Word, and the resistance to God's Holy Spirit such teachings produces. But having lived 18 years in the system, I fully realize how it enwraps its adherents, and how it takes a work of God Almighty to free them.
It is what the RCC teaches them and it used to teach me. You will be hated. But they are the ones who attack us personally in their posts. They attack us for revealing the truth about their institution, its false claims, its false teachings and what it practices.

You have correctly shown how the RCC taught hate and that it reveals who they follow and it is the Roman Emperors. They feel they are better if they can falsely accuse others of hating them. It of course is a lie and reveals the real founder of the RCC and it is not Jesus.

His superiors did show Wycliffe his errors. Failing to renounce them he was found to be heretical.
Wycliffe wasn't burned at the stake. He was dead when announced that his views were heretical. But, it was quite normal to burn heretics, that's the way people lived in the 1300's.
Could have fooled me. Yes, the picture of Catholicism you've painted in your mind is saddening, but not a true picture.

JoeT

His superiors did show Wycliffe his errors. Failing to renounce them he was found to be heretical.

Wycliffe wasn't burned at the stake.
I never said Wycliffe was. Jan Hus, however, was. Tyndale, I believe, was strangled.
He was dead when announced that his views were heretical. But, it was quite normal to burn heretics, that's the way people lived in the 1300's.
So, yet another excuse from a follower of a "church" that claims to be following the Prince of Peace, who said, But I say to you: Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. And pray for those who persecute and slander you. In this way, you shall be sons of your Father, who is in heaven. He causes his sun to rise upon the good and the bad, and he causes it to rain upon the just and the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Do not even tax collectors behave this way? [Mat 5:44-46 CPDV]

We await your substantiation of your claim that "the Wycliffe bible was full of error". Remember, A-S=EW. Or, Assertions without Substance are Empty Words.
Could have fooled me. Yes, the picture of Catholicism you've painted in your mind is saddening, but not a true picture.
JoeT
Well, considering that the RCs on here have placed their faith in the RCC and its claims, of course you would say that anything disagreeing with those claims is not true. This is seen in JWs, Mormons, and other such groups.

"But, but, but, but, waaiiiiit! I have a friend who is a professor of Greek. He says, along with Strong's Greek concordance that the Greek should be translated as "vindicated" or--whatever--so there. "

this is true--"vindicated" is another meaning of "justified."
Or----"But, but, but, but, waiiit! James is just contrasting a living Faith with a dead faith....."

This is entirely true. He was.
Or---"But, but, but, waaiiiit! We believe we are saved by Faith alone, but not by a Faith that is alone."

True. We are saved by "grace through faith and not by works, so no one may boast."
Or---"But, but, but, waiiit! Blah, blah, blah, blah, Lutheranism. Blah, blah, blah, James Swan. Blah, blah, blah, blah, Strong's concordance. Blah, blah, blah, context.

Yes, context--kryptonite for Catholics and other works-righteous groups.
Blah, blah, blah, not biblical. Blah, blah, blah, Romanism. Blah, blah, blah, all we need is Jesus, not Mary and the saints."
Sorry that the best you can do is write "blah, blah, blah," etc.

BUT--We don't need Mary or the saints in heaven for salvation. All we DO need is Jesus! You were correct to write that. The thief on the cross didn't have Mary or the saints in heaven--but he had Jesus. He focused entirely on Jesus--And he was saved--wasn't he?
I probably spend too much time on these boards. I mean--I know all the tricks!
Oh, you mean what Catholics do on here? :)

this is true--"vindicated" is another meaning of "justified."

This is entirely true. He was.

True. We are saved by "grace through faith and not by works, so no one may boast."

Yes, context--kryptonite for Catholics and other works-righteous groups.

Sorry that the best you can do is write "blah, blah, blah," etc.

BUT--We don't need Mary or the saints in heaven for salvation. All we DO need is Jesus! You were correct to write that. The thief on the cross didn't have Mary or the saints in heaven--but he had Jesus. He focused entirely on Jesus--And he was saved--wasn't he?

Oh, you mean what Catholics do on here? :)
What I meant by the above---was that----you caricaturize our Faith and do not understand it.

What I meant by the above---was that----you caricaturize our Faith and do not understand it.
I caricatured nothing in your faith. And I do understand it. Which is one of the main reasons I will NEVER become a Catholic. The HS enables me to understand it, and understand that your church teaches too much that is not Biblical and therefore, it teaches errors and I must reject it.

But rejecting your church is NOT the same thing as rejecting Jesus Christ and His salvation, great and free--is it?

You say correctly we are saved by faith but other RCs say we are saved by faith plus and ever state what plus is or means. It is interesting that RCs state they are united but on this question of salvation there seems to be a difference in belief.

You caricature others faith all they time. You get upset because we do understand the RCC and what it teaches.

I caricatured nothing in your faith.
Yeah you do.
And I do understand it.
No, you don't. If I said "Lutherans teach and believe in Consubstantiation" would you say I understood Lutheranism or would you say I did not understand Lutheranism?
Which is one of the main reasons I will NEVER become a Catholic.
And I care why?
The HS enables me to understand it,
If the Holy Spirit enables you to understand the Word of God, why do need a Church with a pastor to teach?
and understand that your church teaches too much that is not Biblical and therefore, it teaches errors and I must reject it.
No, you THINK you understand what my Church teaches. You don't.
But rejecting your church is NOT the same thing as rejecting Jesus Christ and His salvation, great and free--is it?
Not if you do so in ignorance.

Yeah you do.

No, you don't. If I said "Lutherans teach and believe in Consubstantiation" would you say I understood Lutheranism or would you say I did not understand Lutheranism?

And I care why?

If the Holy Spirit enables you to understand the Word of God, why do need a Church with a pastor to teach?

No Bonnie didn't and that is bearing false witness to state she did. RCs constantly attack Luther and Bonnie responds with the truth and not attacks.

If you believe the RCC is the true church you should care for others, but you have should in your posts our RCs do not understand love your neighbours and what that means and now we know they do not care about the Great Commission.

No one needs a pastor, in fact, the first Jewish studies I did was how we did not need a rabbi to know the word of God. God made it so that we could understand it. Pastor do more than teach, but all of us need to grow, some need counselling, some may need help with finances, food etc, pastors offer support to the community in many ways. They lead services. Pastors have many responsibilities.

Oh she has good understanding of your institution and its false teachings.

Rejecting you institution and its evil ways is to follow Jesus and it is done with knowledge of the real church.

Yeah you do.

No, I don't.

why not ask that on the Lutheran board? This is off topic for this board.
And I care why?

Good question. IF you don't care, then why even come on this board and interact with us?

Because God's word tells us to meet together often for fellowship and worship. God in Christ Jesus has made us for fellowshiping together in Him, for encouragement, for learning, for hearing the Good News preached and to receive Holy Communion. Also, people in church have different duties--some are pastors, some are elders, some are teachers, etc. and etc. We do not all have the same talents.

Sorry, but most of the time I don't. If I am not sure, then I ask.
But rejecting your church is NOT the same thing as rejecting Jesus Christ--is it? I reject the former and I do so fully cognizant of what that means. Salvation is in Jesus Christ alone, not in formally belonging to your church denomination.

Last edited:
I said one. Name one thing that the cc teaches.
The 4 Marian dogmas--or are those considered 4 separate things? How about Indulgences? Being subject to the pope is necessary for salvation...

Whoops, sorry, those are 3 things....and you only wanted one. Oh, well, always give the customer more than he or she asks for...

Last edited:
No, I don't.
Yeah, you DO.
why not ask that on the Lutheran board? This is off topic for this board.
You miss the point. I was not asking about Consubstantiation. I already know Lutherans do not believe that. The POINT I was making was that--IF I continued to insist that Lutherans believe in Consubstantiation, even AFTER being corrected MULTIPLE TIMES by people like you who know what Lutherans do and do not believe----you would suggest that I either do not get Lutheranism, or, I do get Lutheranism, but none-the-less continue to falsely caricaturize what they believe.

You, Bonnie, are like the Catholic who insists Lutherans believe Consubstantiation even after being corrected multiple times.
Good question. IF you don't care, then why even come on this board and interact with us?
Because I care about Catholics who may wonder on to these boards.
Because God's word tells us to meet together often for fellowship and worship. God in Christ Jesus has made us for fellowshiping together in Him, for encouragement, for learning, for hearing the Good News preached and to receive Holy Communion. Also, people in church have different duties--some are pastors, some are elders, some are teachers, etc. and etc. We do not all have the same talents.
Yeah-fellowship. Great.

If the Holy Spirit is your teacher, why do we need teachers? Seems superfluous, doesn't it? Who needs a teacher, when God teaches them?
Sorry, but most of the time I don't. If I am not sure, then I ask.
You got that right.
But rejecting your church is NOT the same thing as rejecting Jesus Christ--is it?
It is if the Holy Spirit has revealed in your heart that the RCC is the Church of Christ and yet you reject it, even AFTER testimony by the Holy Spirit.
I reject the former and I do so fully cognizant of what that means. Salvation is in Jesus Christ alone, not in formally belonging to your church denomination.
That isn't the point.

I am not Catholic because Catholicism grants me salvation, but because Christ is in Catholicism.

Back