Limited Atonement - Forgiveness of Sins

But the world in its entirety isnt saved, so world must not mean any and all whoever lived.
Salvation is AVAILABLE to the world (meaning the people in it).
Salvation is AVAILABLE to any and all whoever lived (except those who committed the unforgivable sin).

In my 30+ years of being Reformed, I have NEVER hard any Calvinist claim that "kosmos" measn "only the sheep", or "only the saved".
That is NOT our position.
It NEVER WAS our position.
It will NEVER BE our position.

This is simply a worthless straw-man that our enemies use to try to attack our beliefs, since they can't successfully attack what we ACTUALLY believe.

If you disagree, then please quote ANY Calvinist who has said, "kosmos means only the elect".

Great, then you won't have a problem doing the following,

Please exegete John 1:29 and 1 John 2:2 so that it is consistent and does not contradict how Jesus uses the word 'world' (kosmos) in Matthew 13:36-38, and at the same time defends your Reformed Calvinist 'Limited Atonement' theology

Matthew 13:36-38, "His disciples came to Him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field." And He said, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one;"

Also, when you exegete John 1:29, remember that 'Sin' is in the singular and has the definite article, also remember Romans 5:12

You have always avoided this discussion, because you know that what you believe is not defensible from consistent Biblical theology and good Biblical hermeneutics

Have Fun,

RCM

No, we don't have any such "problem" at all.

No, our theology does NOT "depend on it".
And no Calvinist believes or has ever stated that it means, "the elect alone".

Only anti-Calvinists claim we believe that, because they need it to be true in order to use their bankrupt arguments.
Of course you do

it never means the elect alone

and you cannot reject any unbeliever as being a part of the world Christ came to save

John 12:47 (KJV 1900) — 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Salvation is AVAILABLE to the world (meaning the people in it).
Salvation is AVAILABLE to any and all whoever lived (except those who committed the unforgivable sin).

Aren't you the one who loves to boast that "the word Trinity is not found in the Bible"?

Can you show us where the Bible has the phrase, "Salvation is AVAILABLE"? Chapter and verse, please? And I won't even demand that "AVAILABLE" be in all caps.

But the world in its entirety isn't saved, so world must not mean any and all whoever lived.

Jesus' words in Revelation 2:20-21 prove the Calvinists 'Limited Atonement' theology is contradictory, a lie, and heresy

Revelation 2:20-21 'But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 'I gave her time to repent, and she does not want to repent of her immorality.

(1) Is Jezebel lost or saved?

(2) If you say Jezebel is lost, is Jesus saying He gave her a chance, and the choice or responsibility to repent or not?

(3) If she could have repented, what is the basis needed for repentance and forgiveness? (Hint, Matt. 26:28; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 9:22)

John 1:29 and 1 John 2:2 must mean that Jesus also loved and died for those who hate Him

Luke 6:27 "But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 6:35-36 "But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

RCM

The elect are people who choose to believe the gospel, something anyone is capable of doing.
The elect are those who were elected from before the foundation of the world, those God chose before He said, “Let there be light..” No, not anyone is capable, as only those who have the Spirit can call Him Lord.

Aren't you the one who loves to boast that "the word Trinity is not found in the Bible"?

Can you show us where the Bible has the phrase, "Salvation is AVAILABLE"? Chapter and verse, please? And I won't even demand that "AVAILABLE" be in all caps.
1 Tim 2:4; 2 Pet 3:9; Deut 30:19; Eze 33:11; more.

it never means the elect alone

Nobody has claimed differently!
So who exactly are you arguing against?

and you cannot reject any unbeliever as being a part of the world Christ came to save

John 3:16 does precisely that.

John 12:47 (KJV 1900) — 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

And as (I believe) SG already pointed out, every single person will not be saved. So that means either (1) Jesus lied, or (2) "world" doesn't mean, "every single individual".

I don't believe Jesus lied.

The elect are those who were elected from before the foundation of the world, those God chose before He said, “Let there be light..” No, not anyone is capable, as only those who have the Spirit can call Him Lord.
The Christian church was predestined or foreknown, not individual Christians.

1 Tim 2:4; 2 Pet 3:9; Deut 30:19; Eze 33:11; more.

Where do any of those passages contain the phrase, "salvation is AVAILABLE"?

Why are you so afraid to quote them?
Are you afraid that people will find out that your claims are bankrupt?

Salvation is available to anyone.
Of course it is

The world was the extent of God's love

John 3:16–18 (KJV 1900) — 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And Christ was given for the world

and we know the term world never means the elect alone as Calvinism requires

Where do any of those passages contain the phrase, "salvation is AVAILABLE"?
God's will is that all men be saved. If that is His will, then salvation is available to anyone.

Why are you so afraid to quote them?
They aren't hard to look up, but here:

1 Tim 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
2 Pet 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Deut 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

..hope that helps..

Are you afraid that people will find out that your claims are bankrupt?
See above.

Back