Meat, Mortal sins, and Lenten Fridays

Roman Catholicism of course claims it's own cult's teachings as being the words of truth concerning 'reconciliation.' The Roman Catholic Church teaches that "they" reconcile sinners to God by their exercise of God's mercy, through the Roman Catholic sacraments they have instituted.

The Word of God however instructs us through the teachings and exhortations of Paul regarding Christ's forgiveness of mans sin, that his reconciliation with Christ Jesus is to be steadfast, confirmed, rooted, and established fully in the Lord Jesus Christ - absolutely no mention at all of any Roman Catholic Church "Mass" or "sacraments" to be sought after and practiced.
They can only hope they do it, they cannot know they do it.

Is it a mortal sin to knowingly eat meat on a Lenten Friday?

What is the Catholic answer?
Well, I really don't know the RCC answer... but I'd bet that the pork baby back ribs I had last Friday evening that they would say yes. I'm glad that God says no! Nowhere in Scripture we are compelled to fast (especially the RCC "method" of fasting), but we are told that it is a good means to help you on your road toward Sanctification.

Well, I really don't know the RCC answer... but I'd bet that the pork baby back ribs I had last Friday evening that they would say yes. I'm glad that God says no! Nowhere in Scripture we are compelled to fast (especially the RCC "method" of fasting), but we are told that it is a good means to help you on your road toward Sanctification.
"Well, I really don't know the RCC answer."
I don't think Catholics know either:

For those that die in mortal sin: they don't even make it to purgatory.
You would think that they would want to make sure they knew if an action is a Mortal Sin

It is funny how many dispensations devout Roman Catholics extend to themselves.

When it comes to them, "God will understand"..."God knows my heart"..."I did my best"..."I did it out of love for others"...

But when it comes to others...
If they cannot get a dispensations, there are indulgences and Marian prayers etc.

It is funny how many dispensations devout Roman Catholics extend to themselves.
Like declaring that a beaver is a fish, and saying a nutria or a capybara are not red meat (despite all three being warm-blooded mammals), or the bishop of Chicago saying that it's OK to eat corned beef on (de-canonized) St. Patrick's Day, as long as you abstain from red meat on some other day of the week. ? ?
– Which is really indicative of how "seriously" the RCC hierarchy takes their abstentions.

--Rich

Its not a mortal sin if St. Patricks day falls on a Friday like it is this year. What hippocrites!!!!
But they have a lot of outs these days for when something is or is not a mortal sins. It seems that it is actually very hard for an RC not to be able to justify committing a mortal sin. They find it easy to downgrade it to a venial sin and those are forgiven during the mass.

St. Paddy's Day is one of the biggest holidays of the year in the RCC. Huge parades, Catholics are celebrating in the bars beginning at 7 a.m.
We can't stop our feast days being co opted by the secular world for profit. Just like Christmas and Easter, but feast days are meant to recall and rejoice in the spirit of the Christian story.

Which totally explains why the bishop of Chicago gave his people an exemption to eat corned beef and cabbage on (de-canonized) St. Paddy's Day. ?
That doesn't amount to the secular profit making hoohah that you guys are opposed to.

it is a discipline of the church in preparation for the greatest holy day which is easter, the resurrection of Christ. we imitate Christs spiritual discipline in the desert for 40 days before his triumph over sin and death.

it is a discipline of the church in preparation for the greatest holy day which is easter, the resurrection of Christ. we imitate Christs spiritual discipline in the desert for 40 days before his triumph over sin and death.
Pity the discipline of the church was to be sexual moral for all occasions and for all of life. Then it would be imitating Jesus but sadly it does not imitate Jesus in its daily practices.

The people of Nineveh were forced to fast by their king. Was God pleased or displeased?

St. Paddy's Day is one of the biggest holidays of the year in the RCC. Huge parades, Catholics are celebrating in the bars beginning at 7 a.m.
Just like with everything else in the very cultic religion of Roman Catholicism, the evidence of their "faith" is in their life of obedience to the Roman Catholic Church. The Lord Jesus Christ Himself tells us in unmistakable terms: "Not eveyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father, who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?" And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness" (Matt. 7:21-24).

Back