Original Sin...

yes, I can go back in the thread if ou tell me the post #, or just tell me the verse references
You have locked into all die from sinning and ignored why all sin, and when explained to you with scriptures that prove WHY because of being born with a sin nature you instantly fall back on all have sinned and ignore the rest of scripture that explains WHY.

You have locked into all die from sinning and ignored why all sin, and when explained to you with scriptures that prove WHY because of being born with a sin nature you instantly fall back on all have sinned and ignore the rest of scripture that explains WHY.

Define sin.

Paul can be hard to understand for sure.

Last edited:
That’s a reasonable answer I will have to put that one in my repertoire
Thanks. When you've been here as long as some of us have, you've gotten your points down to a science. I usually say "These are the Theology Boards, not the Verbatim Verse Boards"; because people only want a word-for-word Verse which says what you are teaching...

I have a lot of sayings like this...

Last edited:
Thanks. When you've been here as long as some of us have, you've gotten your points down to a science. I usually say "These are the Theology Boards, not the Verbatim Verse Boards"; because people only want a word-for-word Verse which says what you are teaching...

I liked that one for sure and it makes good sense ReverendRV

AFTER asking you three times to simply reference your posts and allow me to go back and look, and you don't want to, I m not sure what to think. Again, I am here to discuss any and every idea and scripture I can. Just suplly the post and we can talk

There are people, when they argue, who will say "that word is not in that verse." But to an intelligent, open person, the concept is clearly there. But then those same people will make an argument that restates a verse and they feel fine about that. If a concept is the same, the choice of words to express it is secondary

There are people, when they argue, who will say "that word is not in that verse." But to an intelligent, open person, the concept is clearly there. But then those same people will make an argument that restates a verse and they feel fine about that. If a concept is the same, the choice of words to express it is secondary
Do you have an example so I can understand your point .

Do you have an example so I can understand your point .
Sure. One we have been talking about is the OT word translated "atonement"
That Hebrew word means to give a gift that soothes anger.
But if someome says about the verse that God's anger is being soothed, someone else might say that the word "anger" is not in the verse.

You can look back through the post and see the scripture I posted that refutes your skewed belief if you want to. You ignored them so it’s not on me to do your home work it’s on you.
Your choice. If you are not really interested in a conversation. But again, I am willing, just take a small percentage of the time you have used to refuse, and instead just cite the verses in question.
I cannot understand why you can spend post after post refusing to simply list your references,but are unwilling to just state the verse references

The Holy Trinity is an long established fact based upon the revelation of the Incarnation. You've always had a problem with giving Jesus Christ the Glory due Him.
Yes, I agree that the trinity appears to have been accepted by Christians from the beginning. It would be a lie to say otherwise. I accept the trinity without reservation.
And considering your issue about me not giving Jesus glory, here's what i believe. Jesus is eternally God. Through Him the Father created the world. In Him the world holds together. Somehow, he emptied Himself and came to earth as a man born of mary, yet He was still God. He lived a perfect mortal life, died a sinless sacrifice and was raised up from the grave. He ascended back to the Father and continues to reign as God.
What other glory did you think I was not attributing to Him?

Yes, I agree that the trinity appears to have been accepted by Christians from the beginning. It would be a lie to say otherwise. I accept the trinity without reservation.
And considering your issue about me not giving Jesus glory, here's what i believe. Jesus is eternally God. Through Him the Father created the world. In Him the world holds together. Somehow, he emptied Himself and came to earth as a man born of mary, yet He was still God. He lived a perfect mortal life, died a sinless sacrifice and was raised up from the grave. He ascended back to the Father and continues to reign as God.
What other glory did you think I was not attributing to Him?

1. Through Him the Father created the world?

2. He emptied Himself? Do you remember how many times you said that the Incarnate Christ wasn't fully Divine in his Advent?

You're not a Trinitarian.

1. Through Him the Father created the world?

2. He emptied Himself? Do you remember how many times you said that the Incarnate Christ wasn't fully Divine in his Advent?

You're not a Trinitarian.
Are you t rully denying that God created the world thru Christ? Heb 1:2 NASB "through whom also he made the world"
Really, you want to question that?

And you want to question Phil 2:7 NASB "He emptied Himself"? What are you arguing for? Othodoxy? Or the words of Scripture?

Your choice. If you are not really interested in a conversation. But again, I am willing, just take a small percentage of the time you have used to refuse, and instead just cite the verses in question.
I cannot understand why you can spend post after post refusing to simply list your references,but are unwilling to just state the verse references
Asked and answered not my fault you ignored the post and came back with your pat answer for everything.

Back