Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles, not Calvin or Luther nor any Reformed person. Please do not be deceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I misunderstood your question (which is not surprising, since your questions seem to be completely random and without any rationale).

Many new versions have "an apostle" in Romans 11:13, because THAT is the correct translations of the Greek:

Rom. 11:13 Ὑμῖν ..γὰρ λέγω τοῖς ἔθνεσιν. .. ἐφ̓ .. ὅσον μέν εἰμι ἐγὼ ... ἐθνῶν
....................to-y'all for I say to-the Gentiles, to as-many-as . am . I of-the-Gentiles
ἀπόστολος, τὴν διακονίαν .. μου .. δοξάζω·
an-apostle, .. the ... service of-me I-magnify

Since "apostolos" doesn't have the definite article, the rendering "the apostle" is errant.
The KJV is (yet again) in error.
Is it your position an anarthrous noun is always indefinite?

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles, not Calvin or Luther or any Reformed person.

For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: - Rom 11:13

That is why I read and study Paul's letters so much.
Watch out for deception from Calvin's or Luther's or Reformed writings.

Remember:

1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.
Who said he wasn't?

Reactions: Nic
I was water baptized after I was saved forever. This is as a result of salvation not for salvation. I remember giving a testimony. That is called believer's baptism. We do the Lord's supper but not as a sacrament but as a remembrance.

I lead a church in a house.
I will pray for them.

• Haha
Thanks. Pray I am not deceived by you. That I would truly appreciate.
Since I do not know you, I do not know if you are saved. So I prayed for your salvation and the salvation of those that you know and love. I also prayed that God will bless you and those that you know and love, and keep you safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back