Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles, not Calvin or Luther nor any Reformed person. Please do not be deceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you should easily be able to provide a quote.
was it too difficult for you to look up

Howie

Major Premise: Believing is godly.
Minor Premise: "God saves the ungodly." Rom 4:5-6
Conclusion: God saves unbelievers.

but in many posts

was it too difficult for you to look up

Howie

Major Premise: Believing is godly.
Minor Premise: "God saves the ungodly." Rom 4:5-6
Conclusion: God saves unbelievers.

but in many posts
It's not my responsibility to look up the evidence for your claims. That's your responsibility; so, enough of your cheek.

Paul wrote the following to Timothy. It is a key to understanding scripture.

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. - 2 Tim 2:7
Howie did not have much of a leg to stand on

Having only a desire to prop up a theology which is obviously false

It is important to consider what Paul wrote. Most errors are from not doing this.
According to Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, a person is not born spiritually dead. Instead a person dies spiritually when they sin. Man is a fallen creature with a sin nature and since sin has entered into the world, all people will eventually sin, and a multitude of times. But the first time God counts a sin against a person, that is when the spiritually die. They do not inherit damnation. Here are some relevant scriptures. From Ezekiel 18 and other verses from the OT, God does not punish the son for the sins of their father, so damnation is not inherited. Pleaee note that Adam and Eve did not have a sin nature and yet sinned. Also Satan and 1/3 of the angels did not have a sin nature yet sinned.

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things - 2 Tim 2:7

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Romans 7:9-13

According to Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, a person is not born spiritually dead. Instead a person dies spiritually when they sin. Man is a fallen creature with a sin nature and since sin has entered into the world, all people will eventually sin, and a multitude of times. But the first time God counts a sin against a person, that is when the spiritually die. They do not inherit damnation. Here are some relevant scriptures. From Ezekiel 18 and other verses from the OT, God does not punish the son for the sins of their father, so damnation is not inherited. Pleaee note that Adam and Eve did not have a sin nature and yet sinned. Also Satan and 1/3 of the angels did not have a sin nature yet sinned.

Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things - 2 Tim 2:7

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Romans 7:9-13
So, based on your quote and how you seem to be interpreting it, if someone never learns the Law, they cannot sin.

So, based on your quote and how you seem to be interpreting it, if someone never learns the Law, they cannot sin.
Not according to Paul in Romans.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16

Not according to Paul in Romans.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. - Romans 2:12-16
No... Not Paul... You...

Paul teaches that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Paul tells us that no one does good, not one...

The psalmist, David, said that he was guilty of sin from birth

Look, I was guilty of sin from birth,
a sinner the moment my mother conceived me

You are misusing Paul. Romans 1-3 lets us know that everyone is guilty of sin - The Jew, The Gentile, Everyone

No... Not Paul... You...

Paul teaches that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Paul tells us that no one does good, not one...

The psalmist, David, said that he was guilty of sin from birth

Look, I was guilty of sin from birth,
a sinner the moment my mother conceived me

You are misusing Paul. Romans 1-3 lets us know that everyone is guilty of sin - The Jew, The Gentile, Everyone
And I agree with Paul. So what is your point?
I trusted in Christ and His sacrifice on the cross as the payment for all my sins and am saved forever.
Who have you trusted and where will you spend eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back