Perfection in this world.

what's your sign?

where does scripture speak of this? post the verses.

most of what the rcc testifies to / about isn't scriptural, it's man made.

it isn't of God.
why isn't the testimony of Christ sufficient for catholics?
Because the vast majority of them have never received Christ by grace through faith. With them it is Grace through faith plus a dozen or so other things. And Jesus plus anything else = NOTHING! No regeneration, salvation, no forgiveness of sins, no indwelling of the Holy Spirit, no understanding of the things of God. Just NOTHING!

Last edited:
Yep. The Billy goat response. They but you to death!
No. Billy Goats certainly do not say "Blah, blah, blah." Billy Goats bleat. They go "Baaaa, baaaaa, baaaaa" sort of like sheep. Sheep also bleat. Elephants trumpet, horses whinny, dogs bark, cats Meow, Cows Mooo, Birds chirp, this list is not all inclusive. In any case, no animal goes "Blah, blah, blah." Didn't you learn this in kindergarten?

"Blah, blah, blah" is what people say when they get tired of listening to nonsense. Greta Thernberg goes "Blah, blah, blah" when she is angry and yelling, screaming, or otherwise whining at adults who disagree with her radical climate change agenda.

Sometimes if the nonsense is old, tired and worn, people go "Yawn, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz." I am to that point here with some of the ridiculous, nonsensical, and just plain absurd posts from Protestants here. It is getting to the point where I read some of the posts here when I cannot sleep. Much more effective than watching infomercials.

Sometimes I wonder if my time is better spent standing at the beach and yelling at the incoming tide. I wonder if I will get further with that then with the Protestants on this site.

Last edited:
Well since there is absolutely NO mention of purgatory in scripture,
It is true to say that the word "Purgatory" is nowhere in Scripture. Who says that the CONCEPT is not taught?

But let me grant the concept is not taught. The Church testifies to this in Tradition through the practice of offering prayers for the dead. The Church also testifies to Purgatory in her official documents. Why should I discount the testimony of the Church in Tradition and formal statements? Why is that not evidence for Purgatory?

You Protestants are just like atheistic scientists. You so narrowly define what constitutes evidence of something so as to allow you to rule out any evidence that does not comport with your worldview. Don't like Purgatory? Just dismiss the evidence as--not constituting evidence.
your rcc theory is WORTHLESS!
Why?
Jesus suffered the penalty and consequences of ALL our sins on Calvary. Purgatory is a money making doctrine from hell dreamt up by your leaders from hell.
What money is made off of Purgatory? Please--by all means---tell me where this alleged money is. My parish could use some of it. For that matter, so could the bishop.

Claiming money is made off the doctrine of Purgatory is like claiming "Protestant churches are so rich, making money off of flower memorials, or other memorials of their loved ones." The $10 dollar Mass stipend is analogous to Protestants offering flowers for a Church service in memory of a loved one. And let's face it---who is going to go broke on a $10 dollar Mass offering? The flower memorials in Protestant churches are lot more expensive.
So it is really a moot subject since there is NO such place, condition, or state of being!
Yes there is. I get that you do not like this, but not liking a fact does not make it untrue.

Again, you are like an atheist who thinks that screaming the loudest about there being no God somehow makes it true.

It is true to say that the word "Purgatory" is nowhere in Scripture. Who says that the CONCEPT is not taught?

But let me grant the concept is not taught. The Church testifies to this in Tradition through the practice of offering prayers for the dead. The Church also testifies to Purgatory in her official documents. Why should I discount the testimony of the Church in Tradition and formal statements? Why is that not evidence for Purgatory?

You Protestants are just like atheistic scientists. You so narrowly define what constitutes evidence of something so as to allow you to rule out any evidence that does not comport with your worldview. Don't like Purgatory? Just dismiss the evidence as--not constituting evidence.

Why?

What money is made off of Purgatory? Please--by all means---tell me where this alleged money is. My parish could use some of it. For that matter, so could the bishop.

Claiming money is made off the doctrine of Purgatory is like claiming "Protestant churches are so rich, making money off of flower memorials, or other memorials of their loved ones." The $10 dollar Mass stipend is analogous to Protestants offering flowers for a Church service in memory of a loved one. And let's face it---who is going to go broke on a $10 dollar Mass offering? The flower memorials in Protestant churches are lot more expensive.

Yes there is. I get that you do not like this, but not liking a fact does not make it untrue.

Again, you are like an atheist who thinks that screaming the loudest about there being no God somehow makes it true.
People buy flowers but the church makes nothing off the flowers. The Church doesn't sell flowers. And show me the concept of Purgatory in the bible. No such thing. And the there are no Church services for the memorial of a loved one unless it is a funeral service. Purgatory is denying the sufficiency and of Christ's atonement for our redemption. The rcc traditions are man made and are WORTHLESS. Same as the Marian dogmas, and a host of other things in your apostate romanist organization. Catholics choke on a gnat and swallow a camel. Your faith is in the rcc only. You have been duped and love it. Pitiful!

No. Billy Goats certainly do not say "Blah, blah, blah." Billy Goats bleat. They go "Baaaa, baaaaa, baaaaa" sort of like sheep. Sheep also bleat. Elephants trumpet, horses whinny, dogs bark, cats Meow, Cows Mooo, Birds chirp, this list is not all inclusive. In any case, no animal goes "Blah, blah, blah." Didn't you learn this in kindergarten?

"Blah, blah, blah" is what people say when they get tired of listening to nonsense. Greta Thernberg goes "Blah, blah, blah" when she is angry and yelling, screaming, or otherwise whining at adults who disagree with her radical climate change agenda.

Sometimes if the nonsense is old, tired and worn, people go "Yawn, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz." I am to that point here with some of the ridiculous, nonsensical, and just plain absurd posts from Protestants here. It is getting to the point where I read some of the posts here when I cannot sleep. Much more effective than watching infomercials.

Sometimes I wonder if my time is better spent standing at the beach and yelling at the incoming tide. I wonder if I will get further with that then with the Protestants on this site.
The Gospel ALWAYS gets a reaction, some to eternal life, some to irate responses, some to just go blah blah blah, and some who just shake their heads, yawn, and call it foolishness. You can see the reactions in the book of Acts.

The Gospel ALWAYS gets a reaction, some to eternal life, some to irate responses, some to just go blah blah blah, and some who just shake their heads, yawn, and call it foolishness. You can see the reactions in the book of Acts.
You seem to conflate my disagreement with you with me rejecting or otherwise hating the Gospel. Put another way, I am not reacting to the Gospel, to eternal life, to Jesus, I am reacting to your posts.

I have no problem with Jesus Christ. Jesus is LORD, Jesus is my LORD and Jesus is my savior. It isn't the Gospel or Jesus Christ that I am going "blah, blah, blah" to.

I am going "blah, blah, blah" to YOU and to PROTESTANTISM--not Jesus and not the Gospel.

People buy flowers but the church makes nothing off the flowers. The Church doesn't sell flowers.
And you think the Church makes money off the people who donate to the Church? The Church does not profit. The organization uses the money contributed from the people to pay staff, and run the organization, as well as charitable outreach. No one profits.
And show me the concept of Purgatory in the bible. No such thing.
So what?
And the there are no Church services for the memorial of a loved one unless it is a funeral service.
And?
Purgatory is denying the sufficiency and of Christ's atonement for our redemption.
Since one could not be in Purgatory if one was not saved, I fail to see how this is so.

If Christ's atonement was not sufficient and or if the person was not fully redeemed, there could be no Purgatory. That is what you do not seem to grasp.
The rcc traditions are man made and are WORTHLESS.
Well, if your Protestant beliefs are the standard by which you are judging what has worth--I will take that as a compliment.
Same as the Marian dogmas, and a host of other things in your apostate romanist organization. Catholics choke on a gnat and swallow a camel. Your faith is in the rcc only. You have been duped and love it. Pitiful!
The only thing pitiful here are your arguments.

And you think the Church makes money off the people who donate to the Church? The Church does not profit. The organization uses the money contributed from the people to pay staff, and run the organization, as well as charitable outreach. No one profits.

So what?

And?

Since one could not be in Purgatory if one was not saved, I fail to see how this is so.

If Christ's atonement was not sufficient and or if the person was not fully redeemed, there could be no Purgatory. That is what you do not seem to grasp.

Well, if your Protestant beliefs are the standard by which you are judging what has worth--I will take that as a compliment.

The only thing pitiful here are your arguments.
Then just disregard them, as you do God's Holy word!

Here we go with Protestants and math problems.

"If I an sentenced to 10 years in prison, die after only serving one, how many years in all will I have to serve in Purgatory?"

"If I say we are saved by Faith and works, how many works in all are necessary to save in addition to Faith?"

You Protestants just have to turn everything in to an algebra problem, don't you? Sir, this is not an arithmetical issue any more than the Trinity is about numbers.

You miss the POINT--which is typical of Protestants. The point is not addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. The point is not X+Y x C=Z, The POINT is that sin has temporal consequences. Those temporal consequences must be set right. Now, how does this translate in Purgatory if we depart this life not having sufficiently paid the temporal consequences of sin? I do not know. That is up to God. The POINT, however, is that these consequences must be made up for some way.

Forgiven us of all our transgressions refers to the sin itself. If one is in Purgatory, one is forgiven. How many times do I have to explain that? One could not be in Purgatory if one is not forgiven of sin. If one is not forgiven of sin, one would be in Hell.

The debt being talked about is the eternal debt of sin; the debt we cannot pay.
Rcs have no understanding of maths at all. But the nuns did teach it as a balance scale.

But it is all okay - pay the monks for a series of masses, that will reduce time, pray to Mary she can pull you straight out of purgatory Funny thing is no rcs gives Jesus the ability to pull them out of purgatory . Can Mary get you out early if the temporal stain is still there?

Yep and we hear the bleating from rcs posters.

Rcs have no understanding of maths at all. But the nuns did teach it as a balance scale.

But it is all okay - pay the monks for a series of masses, that will reduce time, pray to Mary she can pull you straight out of purgatory Funny thing is no rcs gives Jesus the ability to pull them out of purgatory . Can Mary get you out early if the temporal stain is still there?
Yes; Mary can get you out. :rolleyes:

Again, you conflate my issue with Protestant clap trap as an issue with God's Holy Word.

God's Holy Word is perfect, pure, and more than sufficient. It is Protestantism I have the issue with.
No you conflate the issues with rc clap trap which has nothing to do with God's word. The rc is not what it claims to be and is a false teacher.

Again, you conflate my issue with Protestant clap trap as an issue with God's Holy Word.

God's Holy Word is perfect, pure, and more than sufficient. It is Protestantism I have the issue with.
No it really is God's word you have issues with. Or you wouldn't be hanging with romanism. It is the light of the word you can't stand because it exposes the lies of romanism!

You seem to conflate my disagreement with you with me rejecting or otherwise hating the Gospel. Put another way, I am not reacting to the Gospel, to eternal life, to Jesus, I am reacting to your posts.

I have no problem with Jesus Christ. Jesus is LORD, Jesus is my LORD and Jesus is my savior. It isn't the Gospel or Jesus Christ that I am going "blah, blah, blah" to.

I am going "blah, blah, blah" to YOU and to PROTESTANTISM--not Jesus and not the Gospel.
What is the gospel?

Back