The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Scriptures DO explicitly state (using absolute terms; "must be" and "only") that it is the DEATH of Jesus that establishes the new covenant.
Hence the debate is over.
The order of the ceremony in Luke's narrative is not exactly like that recorded in the other gospels. Luke gives us less of a detailed account, but also the other gospel writers stress the sequence of the bread first and then the cup. Here, however, we have Jesus taking a cup, giving thanks and telling his apostles to divide it, and then breaking bread and then again the cup.

From the Old Covenant according to Judaism is from where a Jewish site, how do I find it, where do I find it. How can this be verified that it is accurate. Or is it from an RC source which means it knows nothing. Or is it from the advent thingy. I mean is it a source that can be trusted.

This shows there are two parties to a covenant. Not one.
Joe I am sorry. I do have a colour defect and did not notice the blue highlight. I am truly sorry for being wrong.

Luke 22:20, "And he did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."

Christians don't agree on the meaning of this passage, some say it is a figure of speech others say that it is not. How do we settle the issue? The issue is settled by appealing to the final authority. The final authority is God, what does God say. So if all we have as to what God says is the written word of God then that is what we should appeal to.

What does scripture say is the blood of the new covenant?

It says the cup that is poured out for us is the new covenant in his blood.

There is nowhere else in scripture that explicitly states what the blood of the new covenant is. Hence the debate is over.
Jeremiah saw the new covenant as involving an urge from the inside to be faithful to the relationship with God in contrast to the old command from the outside. Paul specified that the urge from the inside came from the Holy Spirit. Luke use this new covenant mentality in Luke 22:20.

What scripture speaks of transubstantiation/ real presence? You've been asked many times, and you have never provided even one verse. Yep, made-up nonsense.
I replied, you just do not want to accept it. So for the second time, transubstantiation is the Church,s explanation of how the "Real Presence" comes about in the Eucharist.

The Catholic Church has the explicit authority to do this by the words of Jesus Christ. The "Apostolic Succession", the "binding and loosing" - it's right there in your bible as well as mine. You just reject this truth and that is your prerogative as a person imbued with the free will given to us all by God.

Scripture DOES say:
Hebrews 9:
15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, (diathéké) so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant. 16 For where a will (diathéké) is involved, the death of the one who made it must be established.17For a will (diathéké) takes effect only at death, since it is not in force as long as the one who made it is alive."

Is Hebrews 9:15-17 referring to a literal or figurative death?
How died at the Last Supper?
Back to Hebrews again? Oh my! ?

I replied, you just do not want to accept it. So for the second time, transubstantiation is the Church,s explanation of how the "Real Presence" comes about in the Eucharist.
scripture says nothing about that. it speaks of a remembrance. the rcc makes up what you believe.

The Catholic Church has the explicit authority to do this by the words of Jesus Christ. The "Apostolic Succession", the "binding and loosing" -
no, scripture doesn't speak of the rcc. no words from Jesus regarding it.

it's right there in your bible as well as mine. You just reject this truth and that is your prerogative as a person imbued with the free will given to us all by God.
not in my bible. the ccc is not the bible.

catholics reject God's word.

If you think that transubstantiation/real presence is something real, show us from the scriptures.

Luke 22:19-20, "Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” And he did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood."

There you have it from scripture.

The Catholic Church has the explicit authority to do this by the words of Jesus Christ. The "Apostolic Succession", the "binding and loosing" - it's right there in your bible as well as mine. You just reject this truth and that is your prerogative as a person imbued with the free will given to us all by God.
Your evil leaders are not part of apostolic succession. Do they imitate Jesus? No, I will answer just in case the question confused some. They do not follow God's word and ignore most of it. So the fruits of your institution prove your statement incorrect, once again.

scripture says nothing about that. it speaks of a remembrance. the rcc makes up what you believe.

no, scripture doesn't speak of the rcc. no words from Jesus regarding it.

not in my bible. the ccc is not the bible.

catholics reject God's word.
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Your evil leaders are not part of apostolic succession. Do they imitate Jesus? No, I will answer just in case the question confused some. They do not follow God's word and ignore most of it. So the fruits of your institution prove your statement incorrect, once again.
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Hail Caesar, Hail Hitler just a form of greeting. Has nothing to do with communion or your church being an evil institution.

You are right. I mean can you imagine all the children asking for their share of their parents will before they have died.
Thats basically what the parable of the prodigal son is about. He wanted his share of his inheritance while his father was still living. Essentially saying go die or youre dead to me. But it turned out well in the end:)

Not a word of this is true. I am not saying you are a liar, I'm saying that you put the words of men over the WORD OF GOD. That's a fact. If Jesus approved of transubstantiation/real presence why didn't he say so. He didn't because it's not true. It's a myth, a made-up sinful idea that knows nothing of Jesus Christ.

If you want to follow Jesus, then do so and stop giving up your mind to sinful men.

I noticed earlier that you may prefer the authority of JPll. Once again, you are letting other people tell you what to believe. Look up the Legionaires of Christ and Father Marciel Maciel.

The depth of depravity is supported by evil men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back