The King Follett Discourse

Why is it so hard for some to admit they believe in predestination? they should own it or deny it... simple! I admit to pre-existence, not afraid to voice my personal belief in this doctrine...

Maybe because our beliefs are OFF-TOPIC in this forum.
If you want to find out what Christians believe about "predestination", I'm sure there are many who would more than happy to have that discussion with you, IN THE PROPER FORUM.

Or, if you want, YOU can discuss what MORMONS believe regarding "predestination".

If you want to find out what Christians believe about "predestination", I'm sure there are many who would more than happy to have that discussion with you, IN THE PROPER FORUM.

Or, if you want, YOU can discuss what MORMONS believe regarding "predestination".

Well I surely don't believe the Jews were predestined to be gassed and murdered and burned in a furnace... or that you were ordained to be saved and not me....silliness never ceases to amaze me...

If you are speaking about Calvin's concept of predestination or rather Beza's perversion of Calvin's teaching on the subject, I do not subscribe.

If you are speaking about Calvin's concept of predestination or rather Beza's perversion of Calvin's teaching on the subject, I do not subscribe.
Glad to hear that you also don't find this as unifying Christianity...

Ephesians 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Since there are approximately 80 offshoots of joseph's movement, then it is obvious that mormonism isn't a unifying factor either. Even mormonism had its own type of 'reformation' just like the reformation of the western RCC.

Since there are approximately 80 offshoots of joseph's movement, then it is obvious that mormonism isn't a unifying factor either. Even mormonism had its own type of 'reformation' just like the reformation of the western RCC.

Wikipedia...
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), and offshoots of it. Denominations opposed to the use of the term consider it to be connected to the polygamy once practiced by the Utah church.

So again, we see no unity of faith with any of the offshoots who do not want anything to do with the true church of Christ...there doctrine is adverse to the LDS doctrine ... so where is the reformation? be specific... meaning any reformation in COJCOLDS ??

And like I predicted, many will disown for reasons of embarrassment or unable to accurately explain the impossible... chuckle. Crickets folks!

And like I predicted, many will disown for reasons of embarrassment or unable to accurately explain the impossible... chuckle. Crickets folks!

I point out that you're trying to discuss something OFF-TOPIC, and you falsely accuse me of being "embarrassed"?

YOU are the one "embarrassed" to discuss it, because YOU refuse to go to the proper forum to discuss it. You simply want to discuss it here, to derail discussion away from Mormonism.

Besides, you have to walk before you can run.
We first have to get you to admit that the Bible teaches MONOTHEISM, and you ignore all the passages which teach it. So what's the point, if you're simply going to look at all the passages and say, "Nuh-HUH!" ?

I point out that you're trying to discuss something OFF-TOPIC, and you falsely accuse me of being "embarrassed"?

YOU are the one "embarrassed" to discuss it, because YOU refuse to go to the proper forum to discuss it. You simply want to discuss it here, to derail discussion away from Mormonism.

Besides, you have to walk before you can run.
We first have to get you to admit that the Bible teaches MONOTHEISM, and you ignore all the passages which teach it. So what's the point, if you're simply going to look at all the passages and say, "Nuh-HUH!" ?
as usual you completely misquote me and misrepresent what I stated.... "many will disown for reasons of embarrassment or unable to accurately explain the impossible." if you feel that includes you then I will admit its possible you will not own it... hmm

as usual you completely misquote me and misrepresent what I stated.... "many will disown for reasons of embarrassment or unable to accurately explain the impossible." if you feel that includes you then I will admit its possible you will not own it... hmm

1) I am more than willing (and not the least bit "embarrassed") to discuss the Trinity with those who are SINCERELY interested in learning about it. (That excludes you.)

2) I refuse to allow you to DERAIL discussion away from Mormonism by bringing up OFF-TOPIC doctrines that Mormons don't believe. If you wish to discuss the Trinity in the Trinity forum, I am sure that my friend civic would be more than happy to have that discussion.

3) Since the Trinity is built on the foundation of MONOTHEISM, and since you reject the doctrine of monotheism, it is a waste of time to discuss the Trinity with you, since you reject its foundation.

1) I am more than willing (and not the least bit "embarrassed") to discuss the Trinity with those who are SINCERELY interested in learning about it. (That excludes you.)

2) I refuse to allow you to DERAIL discussion away from Mormonism by bringing up OFF-TOPIC doctrines that Mormons don't believe. If you wish to discuss the Trinity in the Trinity forum, I am sure that my friend civic would be more than happy to have that discussion.

3) Since the Trinity is built on the foundation of MONOTHEISM, and since you reject the doctrine of monotheism, it is a waste of time to discuss the Trinity with you, since you reject its foundation.
The Mormons do reject monotheism as taught in The Book of Mormon, Book of Moses, and early parts of the D&C

Plurality of Gods

See ADAM-GOD THEORY, CHRIST, FALSE GODS, FATHER IN HEAVEN, GODHEAD, GODHOOD, HOLY GHOST, POLYTHEISM. Three separate personages — Father, Son, and Holy Ghost — comprise the Godhead. As each of these persons is a God, it is evident, from this standpoint alone, that a plurality of Gods exists. To us, speaking in the proper finite sense, these three are the only Gods we worship. But in addition there is an infinite number of holy personages, drawn from worlds without number, who have passed on to exaltation and are thus gods. Mormon Doctrine Bruce R McConkie

Wikipedia...
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), and offshoots of it. Denominations opposed to the use of the term consider it to be connected to the polygamy once practiced by the Utah church.

So again, we see no unity of faith with any of the offshoots who do not want anything to do with the true church of Christ...there doctrine is adverse to the LDS doctrine ... so where is the reformation? be specific... meaning any reformation in COJCOLDS ??
Yea. He totally missed the point. Unity is within the church, not with those who oppose the church. We have never offered the argument that all those offshoots are part of the ONE true church, as opposed, that is the argument that our critics offer. They claim that all the churches that teach that Jesus is our God and Savior, then they are unified in the doctrine and are as a whole the one true church (with caveats of course, that statement applies to almost everyone except us).

The problem is in the caveats. They don't believe what they preach. If that were the only requirement, then we would be in that body as well. The fact is, they recognize that if any member of that body doesn't teach what they do, then they obviously can't be part of the one true church and the tenets of our church violate that and if our church violates it, then all the other churches that don't teach exactly the same as they do, then they also cannot be part of the body of Christ. Thus, their logic fails. There can be no exception. If anyone teaches anything different from the one true church, then they cannot be the one true church and cannot be part of it.

We do not make that claim as they do. If you break off from the one true church for any reason, then you can't be the one true church and all of the protestants broke off from the supposed one true church. Why so many different brands of Christian churches? They agree on one point and claim they are unified, but if you go to that other church then there's a problem.

Yea. He totally missed the point. Unity is within the church, not with those who oppose the church. We have never offered the argument that all those offshoots are part of the ONE true church, as opposed, that is the argument that our critics offer. They claim that all the churches that teach that Jesus is our God and Savior, then they are unified in the doctrine and are as a whole the one true church (with caveats of course, that statement applies to almost everyone except us).

The problem is in the caveats. They don't believe what they preach. If that were the only requirement, then we would be in that body as well. The fact is, they recognize that if any member of that body doesn't teach what they do, then they obviously can't be part of the one true church and the tenets of our church violate that and if our church violates it, then all the other churches that don't teach exactly the same as they do, then they also cannot be part of the body of Christ. Thus, their logic fails. There can be no exception. If anyone teaches anything different from the one true church, then they cannot be the one true church and cannot be part of it.

We do not make that claim as they do. If you break off from the one true church for any reason, then you can't be the one true church and all of the protestants broke off from the supposed one true church. Why so many different brands of Christian churches? They agree on one point and claim they are unified, but if you go to that other church then there's a problem.

Logic... Chuckle... great post.

For one thing you are not using the Bible. The other thing of note is this is nothing more than a article written by a man.... so do tell me what authority does this author have to tell us what the Bible is translating... you have nothing other than a council of Bishops debating the nature of God and having to vote on the consensus.... wow! Great way to determine Gods nature... my answer, why not ask God? but then again you guys claim the heavens are silent and God need not speak again...

2 Nephi 29

3 And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible.

4 But thus saith the Lord God: O fools, they shall have a Bible; and it shall proceed forth from the Jews, mine ancient covenant people. And what thank they the dJews for the Bible which they receive from them? Yea, what do the Gentiles mean? Do they remember the travails, and the labors, and the pains of the Jews, and their diligence unto me, in bringing forth salvation unto the Gentiles?

5 O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have acursed them, and have hated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.

6 Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews?

7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

For one thing you are not using the Bible. The other thing of note is this is nothing more than a article written by a man.... so do tell me what authority does this author have to tell us what the Bible is translating... you have nothing other than a council of Bishops debating the nature of God and having to vote on the consensus.... wow! Great way to determine Gods nature... my answer, why not ask God? but then again you guys claim the heavens are silent and God need not speak again...

2 Nephi 29

3 And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible.

4 But thus saith the Lord God: O fools, they shall have a Bible; and it shall proceed forth from the Jews, mine ancient covenant people. And what thank they the dJews for the Bible which they receive from them? Yea, what do the Gentiles mean? Do they remember the travails, and the labors, and the pains of the Jews, and their diligence unto me, in bringing forth salvation unto the Gentiles?

5 O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have acursed them, and have hated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.

6 Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews?

7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?

8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.

E. Calvin Beisner

God in Three Persons

The Christian Church throughout history has found in order to remain faithful to the teachings of the New Testament regarding the person and work of Christ, it had to affirm at least the following doctrines:

The doctrine of the Trinity----that in the nature of the One True God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each fully God, Coequal and Coeternal

When we have said these three things, then—that there is but one God, that the Father and the Son and the Spirit is each a distinct person—we have enunciated the doctrine of the Trinity in its completeness.

We may condense this into a somewhat shorter statement, one which is more precise: In the nature of the God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ( or substance ) of the one true God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit p 24

“The Nicene Creed, then, with centuries of theological discussion and controversy behind it, still teaches of the Trinity as the New Testament does: that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, while distinct from each other personally, are the same God” p 153

Trinity

first used by Theophilus (A.D. 168 A.D. - 183 A.D.), or from the Lat. trinitas, first used by Tertullian (A.D. 220 A.D.), to express this doctrine. The propositions involved in the doctrine are these: 1. That God is one, and that there is but one God (Deut 6:4; 1 Kings 8:60; Isa 44:6; Mark 12:29,32; John 10:30). 2. That the Father is a distinct divine Person (hypostasis, subsistentia, persona, suppositum intellectuale), distinct from the Son and the Holy Spirit. 3. That Jesus Christ was truly God, and yet was a Person distinct from the Father and the Holy Spirit. 4. That the Holy Spirit is also a distinct divine Person.

(from Easton's Bible Dictionary, PC Study Bible formatted electronic database Copyright © 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Homoousios -God- Godhead- Substance- Essence- Being –Nature [ all Synonyms ]

One being. Three persons. In other words, one "what" and three "who"s. There is one being, God. There are three persons: God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The distinction is between being and person. One being, three persons. One what, three who's.

All the Persons of the Holy Trinity are IDENTICAL IN ESSENCE but DISTINCT IN PERSONS

John Ankerberg [Everything You Ever Wanted to know about Mormonism]

Page 104-105

1. There is Only One God

2. The Father is God;

3. Jesus Christ, the Son, is God

4. The Holy Spirit is a Person, is eternal and is therefore God

5. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are distinct persons.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

(n.) The union of three persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost) in one Godhead, so that all the three are one God as to substance, but three persons as to individuality.

“Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and co-eternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”

2 Nephi 31:

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

Alma 11:

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Mormon 7:

7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

The Testimony of Three Witnesses

And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery

David Whitmer

Martin Harris

1 Nephi 13: 41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one. Joseph Smith translation

Moses 1:6

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.

COUNSEL GIVEN BY PRESIDENT CHARLES W. PENROSE

Now, some of our brethren have taken up quite a discussion as to the fulness of the everlasting gospel. We are told that the Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the gospel, that those who like to get up a dispute, say that the Book of Mormon does not contain any reference to the work of salvation for the dead and that there are many other things pertaining to the gospel that are not developed in that book, and yet we are told that the book contains "the fulness of the everlasting gospel." Well, what is the fulness of the gospel? You read carefully the revelation in regard to the three glories, Section 76, in the Doctrine and Covenants, and you find there defined what the gospel is. There God, the Eternal Father, and Jesus Christ, his Son, and the Holy Ghost, are held up as the three Persons in the Trinity—the one God, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, all three being one God. When people believe in that doctrine and obey the ordinances which are spoken of in the same list of principles, you get the fulness of the gospel for this reason: If you really believe so as to have faith in our Eternal Father and in his Son, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, and will hear him, you will learn ail about what is needed to be done for the salvation of the living and redemption of the dead.

(General Conference Report, April 1922, pp. 27-28.)

For one thing you are not using the Bible. The other thing of note is this is nothing more than a article written by a man.... so do tell me what authority does this author have to tell us what the Bible is translating... you have nothing other than a council of Bishops debating the nature of God and having to vote on the consensus.... wow!
Correct, doctrine by popular vote. :rolleyes:
Great way to determine Gods nature... my answer, why not ask God? but then again you guys claim the heavens are silent and God need not speak again...
Maybe they don't know what question to ask? Are you a man? What kind of answer are they expecting when the Bible is definitive on the point, God was hung on a cross and died. Was He a man or an invisible spirit? Can you be certain that you hung anything on a cross if it was invisible? He bled and died. Men do that. It seems that it isn't the right question. It's pretty obvious that God is a man.

The next argument is, but we're talking about the Father and as soon as they do that, the Trinity doctrine flies right out the window. Now, God the Father is a separate being from God the Son. The son could be killed, but the Father can't be and that makes sense. But let's assume for arguments sake that now God is separate beings. One being is God the Father who dwells in Heaven and God the son is a man who dwells on the earth. So, is that God invisible and a spirit? Well, Jesus cleared that up to, in the Bible. Why do you ask what the Father looks like? "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father". Clearly, the Father is not a spirit or invisible because if we can "see" the Son, we have "seen" the Father. Spirit is the nature of our worship, or should be the nature of our worship, because God is aware of all things through that spirit. It has nothing to do with his physical nature. Second, if we can "see" it, then it isn't invisible.

So, we don't need God to answer that question, it appears that the answers are in the Bible or that we already have the answers, but those who are lead by false teachers lead people away from the truth and not towards it. They need to make God appear to be invisible so that the masses must come to them for absolution and not to God who is an impersonal nothingness that dwells everywhere and nowhere. These doctrines are not found in the Bible, they are made up by men in order to enslave other men to believe them and not what they can read and determine for themselves by reading the Bible themselves.

Correct, doctrine by popular vote. :rolleyes:

Maybe they don't know what question to ask? Are you a man? What kind of answer are they expecting when the Bible is definitive on the point, God was hung on a cross and died. Was He a man or an invisible spirit? Can you be certain that you hung anything on a cross if it was invisible? He bled and died. Men do that. It seems that it isn't the right question. It's pretty obvious that God is a man.

The next argument is, but we're talking about the Father and as soon as they do that, the Trinity doctrine flies right out the window. Now, God the Father is a separate being from God the Son. The son could be killed, but the Father can't be and that makes sense. But let's assume for arguments sake that now God is separate beings. One being is God the Father who dwells in Heaven and God the son is a man who dwells on the earth. So, is that God invisible and a spirit? Well, Jesus cleared that up to, in the Bible. Why do you ask what the Father looks like? "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father". Clearly, the Father is not a spirit or invisible because if we can "see" the Son, we have "seen" the Father. Spirit is the nature of our worship, or should be the nature of our worship, because God is aware of all things through that spirit. It has nothing to do with his physical nature. Second, if we can "see" it, then it isn't invisible.

So, we don't need God to answer that question, it appears that the answers are in the Bible or that we already have the answers, but those who are lead by false teachers lead people away from the truth and not towards it. They need to make God appear to be invisible so that the masses must come to them for absolution and not to God who is an impersonal nothingness that dwells everywhere and nowhere. These doctrines are not found in the Bible, they are made up by men in order to enslave other men to believe them and not what they can read and determine for themselves by reading the Bible themselves.
17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen ( 1 Timothy 1:17 ).

If God is the only God there can't be many :)

2 Nephi 31:

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

Alma 11:

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Mormon 7:

7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

The Testimony of Three Witnesses

And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery

David Whitmer

Martin Harris

1 Nephi 13: 41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one. Joseph Smith translation

Moses 1:6

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.

COUNSEL GIVEN BY PRESIDENT CHARLES W. PENROSE

Now, some of our brethren have taken up quite a discussion as to the fulness of the everlasting gospel. We are told that the Book of Mormon contains the fulness of the gospel, that those who like to get up a dispute, say that the Book of Mormon does not contain any reference to the work of salvation for the dead and that there are many other things pertaining to the gospel that are not developed in that book, and yet we are told that the book contains "the fulness of the everlasting gospel." Well, what is the fulness of the gospel? You read carefully the revelation in regard to the three glories, Section 76, in the Doctrine and Covenants, and you find there defined what the gospel is. There God, the Eternal Father, and Jesus Christ, his Son, and the Holy Ghost, are held up as the three Persons in the Trinity—the one God, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, all three being one God. When people believe in that doctrine and obey the ordinances which are spoken of in the same list of principles, you get the fulness of the gospel for this reason: If you really believe so as to have faith in our Eternal Father and in his Son, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, and will hear him, you will learn ail about what is needed to be done for the salvation of the living and redemption of the dead.

(General Conference Report, April 1922, pp. 27-28.)

E. Calvin Beisner

God in Three Persons

The Christian Church throughout history has found in order to remain faithful to the teachings of the New Testament regarding the person and work of Christ, it had to affirm at least the following doctrines:

The doctrine of the Trinity----that in the nature of the One True God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, each fully God, Coequal and Coeternal

When we have said these three things, then—that there is but one God, that the Father and the Son and the Spirit is each a distinct person—we have enunciated the doctrine of the Trinity in its completeness.

We may condense this into a somewhat shorter statement, one which is more precise: In the nature of the God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit ( or substance ) of the one true God, there are three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit p 24

“The Nicene Creed, then, with centuries of theological discussion and controversy behind it, still teaches of the Trinity as the New Testament does: that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, while distinct from each other personally, are the same God” p 153

Trinity

first used by Theophilus (A.D. 168 A.D. - 183 A.D.), or from the Lat. trinitas, first used by Tertullian (A.D. 220 A.D.), to express this doctrine. The propositions involved in the doctrine are these: 1. That God is one, and that there is but one God (Deut 6:4; 1 Kings 8:60; Isa 44:6; Mark 12:29,32; John 10:30). 2. That the Father is a distinct divine Person (hypostasis, subsistentia, persona, suppositum intellectuale), distinct from the Son and the Holy Spirit. 3. That Jesus Christ was truly God, and yet was a Person distinct from the Father and the Holy Spirit. 4. That the Holy Spirit is also a distinct divine Person.

(from Easton's Bible Dictionary, PC Study Bible formatted electronic database Copyright © 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Homoousios -God- Godhead- Substance- Essence- Being –Nature [ all Synonyms ]

One being. Three persons. In other words, one "what" and three "who"s. There is one being, God. There are three persons: God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The distinction is between being and person. One being, three persons. One what, three who's.

All the Persons of the Holy Trinity are IDENTICAL IN ESSENCE but DISTINCT IN PERSONS

John Ankerberg [Everything You Ever Wanted to know about Mormonism]

Page 104-105

1. There is Only One God

2. The Father is God;

3. Jesus Christ, the Son, is God

4. The Holy Spirit is a Person, is eternal and is therefore God

5. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are distinct persons.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary

(n.) The union of three persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost) in one Godhead, so that all the three are one God as to substance, but three persons as to individuality.

“Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and co-eternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.”
Wow! all that is just a reason that if you were at the Counsel of Nicea during a lively debate on the nature of God you would have voted for it..
Not with any authority but purely the interpretations of men...

The main difference between the beliefs of Arianism and other main Christian denominations is that the Arians did not believe in the Holy Trinity, which is a way that other Christian churches use to explain God.

Nicene Creed | History & Text | Britannica

Back