Who makes intercession ...

Typical Roman Catholic logic. The Bible doesn't say anything, so it must be true.

Is PAUL a liar when he says "Absent from the body, present with the Lord" (2 Cor 5:8)

Typical religious rationalizations to get rid of Biblical passage meanings.
He doesn't say it exactly like that, does he?

"We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord."

Yes, we would all prefer that, wouldn't we?

The correct statement is "The Bible doesn't say anything about it, so it might be true." Do you know the difference between might be true and is true?

The more understandable translation of 2 Cor 5:8 is: We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

As you can see this says nothing about immediacy of being with the Lord upon being away from the body. What it does say is that Paul would prefer to be at home with the Lord, knowing full well that to be at home with the Lord requires dying to the world first. It would be quite a stretch to interpret this verse to mean that being at home with the Lord comes immediately upon death. I imagine someone from America visiting England in the 1800s and feeling homesick might say, "I would prefer to be away from this place and back at home in America." But to get to America this person has to endure a three week ocean crossing during which the person would be both away from England, but still not in America. Being back home does not come immediately upon leaving England. And being at home with the Lord does not come immediately upon leaving this world. If you got the impression that it happened immediately from reading 2 Cor 5:8, you read more into scripture than was actually there. It is not a biblical meaning.
You have forgotten Philippians:

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

Nothing in here about purgatory or in the 2 Corinthian verses. We who are saved are with the Lord, when we depart this body at death.

Nothing in here about purgatory or in the 2 Corinthian verses. We who are saved are with the Lord, when we depart this body at death.
You stand before Him in Judgement when you depart the body at death. That does not take place in Heaven, but outside it.

("For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.")

This verse also does not say anything about "immediately" being with Christ. This verse talks about the mutually exclusive states of living on earth and being with Christ. Paul says he desires to be with Christ, and he acknowledges that he must depart this life before that can happen. But he does not say that he will be with Christ the instant he leaves this world. He says nothing at all about when that union with Christ will happen.

As I have said many times before, is an argument from silence fallacy to conclude that just because purgatory is not mentioned, that it is not a reality. The most you can say is that maybe there is no purgatory because it is not mentioned.

People do have difficulty dealing with or acknowledging that something is unknown.

The correct statement is "The Bible doesn't say anything about it, so it might be true." Do you know the difference between might be true and is true?
OF course!! If the Bible says it, it's ABSOLUTELY TRUE.

If the "Holy Roman Catholic religious system" says it, exclusive of the Bible, and contrary to Biblical words and context, then it's PHONY, and a Religious LIE.

If the "Holy Roman Catholic religious system says it, and there's no reason other that Roman Catholic TRADITION to believe it, THEN ONLY A FOOL would take it seriously.

Next Question??

And if the Bible doesn't say one way or another, like about purgatory, then what? Can you not see that it might be true?
Don't BE RIDICULOUS!!! THERE"S NOT EVEN A HINT of either the existence of a money driven "Cleansing station" between life, and eternity, and Biblically ABSOLUTELY NO REQUIREMENT for such a thing. It's satan's BEST JOKE on Roman Catholics, when they find themselves in HELL. Just IMAGINE their horror when they find out how they've been LIED TO!!!

Don't BE RIDICULOUS!!! THERE"S NOT EVEN A HINT of either the existence of a money driven "Cleansing station" between life, and eternity, and Biblically ABSOLUTELY NO REQUIREMENT for such a thing. It's satan's BEST JOKE on Roman Catholics, when they find themselves in HELL. Just IMAGINE their horror when they find out how they've been LIED TO!!!
What if that was exactly where the Rich Man was, Bob? What did his lack of suffering in his life have to do with his salvation?

Back