Who or What is the Trinity ?

that is your making of confusion...a person's name does not change from the first person to the third person. A pronoun does so your rubbish is exposed...God specifically said what he must be called throughout every generation and it is not I Am...
NOG
Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
NOG
I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shadday, but I didn’t make myself known to them by my name, Yahweh.
Why do you glory in your ignorance?
Rubbish. I quoted a Jewish source they certainly know about Hebrew. The blind following the blind.

Rubbish. I quoted a Jewish source they certainly know about Hebrew. The blind following the blind.
Oldshepherd, I have to give you high fives here. Anyone who has done their homework knows that Jews recognize God has several holy names, including the one you have so thoroughly commented on.

I wouldn't worry about newbirth.

Great job!

Wrong you know diddly about Hebrew. I have NOT been told anything I study, as I have shown.
so do you study what you make up? because as far as I know, people tell you things in the books you study...Unless you are saying people are not telling you anything in the blank pages you are studying...
You do know what that is don't you?
I know people study what other people write...that means people are telling them things...you on the other hand have not been told anything...
Not only do you know nothing about Hebrew you evidently can't even comprehend English.
From my previous post.
the meaning of the name given in Ex. iii. 14, where God is represented as speaking, and hence as using the first person—"I am" (
V09p161001.jpg
, from
V09p161002.jpg
, the later equivalent of the archaic stem
V09p161003.jpg
)​

Do you know what the third person singular of "ehyeh" is?
I know someone told you that probably through a book or something...I know you said you have not been told anything...which proves that you lack understanding..
All this from biased people who don't know any more than you do. And you willingly walk in darkness.
you have not addressed what God wants to be called throughout all generations...there is no mention of I Am...
NOG
Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
You have not shown that I am ignorant but you have clearly shown yours.
you have shown your ignorance...please tell me what God wants to be called throughout all generations...
NOG
I quoted from a Jewish source and they certainly do NOT have any Trinitarian bias. Run Forest run.
I have quoted from the scripture...Your argument is with the scripture, not me...

Oldshepherd, I have to give you high fives here. Anyone who has done their homework knows that Jews recognize God has several holy names, including the one you have so thoroughly commented on.

Great job!
you have to worry about the scripture...
NOG

Rubbish. I quoted a Jewish source they certainly know about Hebrew.
that does not mean they know the scripture...please explain...
NOG
The blind following the blind.
you have confirmed your position blind man...

you have to worry about the scripture...
NOG
I do. You left out a few names. Do you understand the definition for the word "name"?

At a minimum, when someone introduces themselves with a name, or says to call them by a certain word, or name, that's a name for them. An example would be Genesis 17:1, where YHWH introduces himself as God Almighty (E-l Sha-dai). E-l is a variant for El-oah, El-o-him, etc.

Last edited:
I do. You left out a few names.
learn to read...I am not dealing with names....this is what it says...
NOG
Do you understand the definition for the word "name"?
I understand this....This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation
At a minimum, when someone introduces themselves with a name, or says to call them by a certain word, or name, that's a name for them. An example would be Genesis 17:1, where YHWH introduces himself as God Almighty (E-l Sha-dai). E-l is a variant for El-oah, El-o-him, etc.
So you should have no problem relating to this...Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.

learn to read...I am not dealing with names....this is what it says...
NOG
Yep.

I understand this....This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation
Yep.

So you should have no problem relating to this...Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
Yep. He also said I am God Almighty, Lord of Hosts, etc., throughout the Tanakh. Those are names and titles too. You prove my point.

Great job!
Thank you. He/she, as the case may be, doesn't worry me but I will not let his false teaching go unanswered.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep. He also said I am God Almighty, Lord of Hosts, etc., throughout the Tanakh. Those are names and titles too. You prove my point.
Where does he say any of those others are his name throughout all generations?... You can't show therefore it doesn't prove your point.

Where does he say any of those others are his name throughout all generations?... You can't show therefore it doesn't prove your point.
Do you understand what the different names mean? The other names are captured in scripture for all generations, right?

therefore that is his name to everyone
so why do you want to call him by another name?

Yep. He also said I am God Almighty, Lord of Hosts, etc., throughout the Tanakh.
but he says specifically his title is..yahweh Elohim..not I Am...“This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
Those are names and titles too. You prove my point.
No one is arguing they are not names and titles...My argument is Yahweh is his title/name throughout all generations...

Do you understand what the different names mean? The other names are captured in scripture for all generations, right?
it does not matter what they mean except in their immediate context...with regards to what his name is throughout all generations that would be Yahweh..

I do. You left out a few names. Do you understand the definition for the word "name"?

At a minimum, when someone introduces themselves with a name, or says to call them by a certain word, or name, that's a name for them.
yes, it is, and when they say they will be known by one particular name that should be respected...“This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
An example would be Genesis 17:1, where YHWH introduces himself as God Almighty (E-l Sha-dai). E-l is a variant for El-oah, El-o-him, etc.
You are exposing your ignorance...You can choose your own translation of Ex 6:3...He makes himself known now to every generation as Yahweh... not I Am
NOG
I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shadday, but I didn’t make myself known to them by my name, Yahweh.
WEB
I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty; but by my name Yahweh I was not known to them.

yes, it is, and when they say they will be known by one particular name that should be respected...“This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
You have a bad translation. How do you pronounce the name? It isn't what you have.

You are exposing your ignorance...You can choose your own translation of Ex 6:3...He makes himself known now to every generation as Yahweh... not I Am
Bad translation.

NOG
Wrong name, and bad translation.

WEB
I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty; but by my name Yahweh I was not known to them.
Wrong name.

therefore that is his name to everyone
It isn't what you have posted.

so why do you want to call him by another name?
Because He refers to Himself by different names.

but he says specifically his title is..yahweh Elohim..not I Am...“This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
Bad translation. What bible version are you using.

No one is arguing they are not names and titles...My argument is Yahweh is his title/name throughout all generations...
You're basing your argument on a bad translation and pronunciation.

Back