WHO said this?

It seems like if we are just going to make things up then I might as well disagree. Doesn't seem to make any difference at this point. At least I maintain the plausible deniability. Better to be silent where the Bible is silent.

How about Jesus is just a man with a man's soul? That way we don't have to worry about dealing with the messy theology of assigning sin to the Holy Spirit and miscellaneous other elephant in the room. It's also Biblical that Jesus is a man who isn't God. Why do you go to great lengths to elevate him beyond what is written?

But if Jesus was non-divine, then among other things, how do you reconcile that Jesus upheld the universe? He would have had to have been doing that all the while He was on earth.

Colossians 1:17 (KJV) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

But if Jesus was non-divine, then among other things, how do you reconcile that Jesus upheld the universe? He would have had to have been doing that all the while He was on earth.

Colossians 1:17 (KJV) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

It actually says that in him all things stand together. This is also a parallel to Ephesians 1:9-10 which says all things were heading up in Christ. This is true because all authority was given to him when God raised him from the dead and seated him at His right hand. Paul is talking about the same thing at Colossians 1:16-19.

I am not aware of Jesus upholding the universe in scripture. I think you're referring to Hebrews 1:1-3, but that isn't really what it says and it doesn't make sense in the context. See, if God didn't speak through the Son until these "last days" creating the "universe" through him then that means the universe was created after God was speaking through the prophets in the past.

That word "universe" there isn't actually universe in the Greek, it's "ages" and it refers to a specific time frame... "the last days."

It seems like if we are just going to make things up then I might as well disagree. Doesn't seem to make any difference at this point. At least I maintain the plausible deniability. Better to be silent where the Bible is silent.

How about Jesus is just a man with a man's soul? That way we don't have to worry about dealing with the messy theology of assigning sin to the Holy Spirit and miscellaneous other elephant in the room. It's also Biblical that Jesus is a man who isn't God. Why do you go to great lengths to elevate him beyond what is written?
Jesus is NOT just a man. He is ALSO The Son of God.

It actually says that in him all things stand together. This is also a parallel to Ephesians 1:9-10 which says all things were heading up in Christ. This is true because all authority was given to him when God raised him from the dead and seated him at His right hand. Paul is talking about the same thing at Colossians 1:16-19.
The Son of God uphold ALL things and has ALWAYS done so.

Jesus is The Christ, The Son of God AND a Man.
Case closed.

38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 39 And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God!”
Mark 15

Wrong again johnny. Or, shall we call you Cerinthus?

38 The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 39 And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, saw how he died, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God!”
Mark 15

Wrong again johnny. Or, shall we call you Cerinthus?
Yep, He is The Son of God.

It seems to me that Christ created and upholds the universe but through His resurrection He just did some reconciliation in it.

Having a 1 John 4:2 problem are you?

Why can you not confess that man of flesh IS the son of God?

Is it because you are a 1 John 4:2 antichrist?
The Son of God the Word became the Son of Man. John 1:1-18

You mentioned 1 John 4:2 well keep reading!
1John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

He was sent from Heaven!
John 6:38 (KJV)
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

So who did Isaiah see olg?
In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

The Antichrist would reject the very words of Jesus.

Because that's what you want?

It doesn't say what you want. It's too obvious that Christ created these things.

Colossians 1:16-17 (KJV)
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Back