Why we have the perception we do

I didn't misunderstand. I was told clearly and unequivocally what they thought.
You are not alone RCs do not believe what their leaders tell us. They use that misunderstand as though we were stupid. I mean I was in confession and the priest said he would go out and tell the whole congregation what I did. Of course we were taught about the seal of confession, but like I was going to say to him that was a no, no. But they say he wouldn't have done that.

It was good that he did it, he cured me of going to confession.

???? so I guess there is no priestly sexual misconduct and cover-ups because it is not an official teaching.
WAKE UP
There are dozens of pro-Catholic websites claiming the same thing:
That the "behind the scenes" Catholic Church does NOT encourage Bible reading
It is one of the ways they white wash their institution's history and teachings. It is not official, centuries of teaching Judas was in hell, there was a place called Limbo are two examples. It is a joke they play on themselves.

It is not historical fact, not one RC has been able to prove it is a fact. So it is just your personal interpretation of the false claims of your institution.
Like I said, it could go on all day.

When it comes down to it, a catholic ultimately had to exercise his own personal interpretation to come to the conclusion that the catholic church is correct, a thing that they rail vehemently against in others.

Of course, there is something else to consider, but the fact that they never bring it up is telling.

Our Bishops are the successors of the Apostles.
That is a false claim and never proven. Your so called successors do not even meet the scriptural requirements for leaders. They do things Paul said should exclude them from even eating with real brothers and sisters. They teach another gospel, which means they are false teachers.

You certainly have quite an imagination. I am so docile that I walked out of Mass just this past Sunday because of a visiting priest who did not follow the rubrics of the Mass. I also once walked out of a Mass 30 years ago over something another priest did and confronted that same priest over the problem. Other than those two, every priest who has ever presided at a Catholic Mass I have been at has been just fine.
Didn't know the rubics of the mass?????????Seriously, is that a crime.

No. I don't consider historical fact as "personal interpretation."
Back up that personal interpretation with some evidence. There was no RCC in the new testament at all. The word is not found in scripture. You are lost when it comes down to proving that false claim. There were many churchs around then, you evil institution wasn't one of them.

Your private interpretation that your analysis of history is fact.

This could go on all day, and it will always come back to personal interpretation.
So everything comes down to personal interpretation?Sounds like relativism.

The truth is the truth whether we like it or not.

Our Bishops are the successors of the Apostles.
Back up that personal interpretation with some evidence. There was no RCC in the new testament at all. The word is not found in scripture. You are lost when it comes down to proving that false claim. There were many churchs around then, you evil institution wasn't one of them.

So everything comes down to personal interpretation?Sounds like relativism.

The truth is the truth whether we like it or not.
No it is you who provides nothing but your personal interpretation. So according to you that is relativism and in fact, isn't that what your church does. I mean it is now there is an empty hell and same sex couples can be blessed.

So your institution truth is not so, for centuries Judas was in hell, Limbo was taught, unbaptised babies did not go to heaven but those have all changed and are now not truthful teachings.

Correct. They are their SUCCESSORS.
lol, prove that claim. What apostle taught the Marian doctrines? What apostle prayed to the dead, other than the Lord? What apostle ran around in funny outfits? What apostle harmed the sheep? What apostle ignored 1 Cor 5:11, James 4:17 among others? There is so many more examples WHICH PROVE they are not their successors and your instituton is just pulling the wool over your eyes.

lol, prove that claim. What apostle taught the Marian doctrines? What apostle prayed to the dead, other than the Lord? What apostle ran around in funny outfits? What apostle harmed the sheep? What apostle ignored 1 Cor 5:11, James 4:17 among others? There is so many more examples WHICH PROVE they are not their successors and your instituton is just pulling the wool over your eyes.
I'd say that the RCC hierarchy are the successors of the apostles Paul writes of in 2Cor.11. They have: another Jesus (their Jesus must go to its Mommy for everything), a different spirit (as seen by their fruits – or rather the lack of — love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control), and a different gospel ("Do what we say, and maybe you will get into 'Heaven' after an indeterminate amount of torture.").
So, yeah, the RCC are the successors of apostles, but that's not something to boast about!

Back