John 5:19 - Is Jesus limited to what the Father does?

The Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. The commandment is to rest.
You MUST intrepret that. Does it mean you have to stay in bed all day? The only difference between you and me on this issue, is that I allow the rabbis and levites to interpret the law for me, while you create your own special oral torah.

Zechariah 8:23 is a prophecy of the Messiah. The Jew it is referring to is Jesus.
Nope. Not at all. It is neither a messianic prophecy, nor does it refer to Jesus. It refers to the day when gentiles such as yourself will realize their error and go to the Jews to be taught.

The original commandment is to stay home and rest. Read Matthew 23. Jesus was reprimanding the Pharisees for replacing God's law with their own traditions.
Matthew is a worthless source on how to obey the commandments. God proclaimed that it was the judges and levites who rightly have the authority to interpret the law. I'm sorry that you do not accept Deuteronomy.

You MUST intrepret that. Does it mean you have to stay in bed all day? The only difference between you and me on this issue, is that I allow the rabbis and levites to interpret the law for me, while you create your own special oral torah.
In the context of the commandment it is to rest from regular work. I try and stay in bed all day.

In the context of the commandment it is to rest from regular work. I try and stay in bed all day.
no, it is your interpretation that it means "rest from regular work." And what does "regular work" mean anyhow? Does it mean I can't sew on my sewing machine? Can I mow the lawn? Not only have you interpreted, but your interpretation is insufficient to determining what is forbidden.

Are you seriously trying to say that it commands you to stay in bed all day?

The literal translation says servile work, not regular work. I think it means physical work or even mentally taxing work.
If you enjoy mowing the lawn like my uncle does, it wouldn't fall under "work", imo.

The literal translation says servile work, not regular work. I think it means physical work or even mentally taxing work.
If you enjoy mowing the lawn like my uncle does, it wouldn't fall under "work", imo.
I like cutting the lawn too but there's 6 other days to do that on.

Isaiah 58:13
If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words...

The original commandment is to stay home and rest. Read Matthew 23. Jesus was reprimanding the Pharisees for replacing God's law with their own traditions.
Then Jesus broke the commandment because he didn't stay home and rest.

"3He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power."
Christ's role is to present will of the Father to lower, physical, world.

"3He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power."
Christ's role is to present will of the Father to lower, physical, world.
This is funny because God's nature isn't human or physical.

AGain, that is your interpretation. I prefer to go by the interpretation of those whom God authorized to rule on matters of law.

If the Law has been interpreted by the Levites and Rabbis, then whatever their interpretation is IS the correct interpretation, thus, following it means you are not being disobedient.

According to Mosaic Law, seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. (i.e. Exodus 12:15)

The congregation of Israel obeyed that command during their exodus from Egypt. (https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/12-28.htm)

15th day of the first month (day 1)
16th day of the first month (day 2)
17th day of the first month (day 3)
18th day of the first month (day 4)
19th day of the first month (day 5)
20th day of the first month (day 6)
21st day of the first month (day 7)

According to Mosaic Law, on the first day you shall remove leaven from your houses. (i.e. Exodus 12:15)

Leaven removed on the 15th day of the first month. The congregation of Israel obeyed that command during their exodus from Egypt.

Jesus obeyed Mosaic Law (Exodus 12:15). (i.e. removed leaven from the houses on the 15th day of the first month, and ate unleavened bread for seven days, 15th - 21st of the first month, just as the congregation of Israel first obeyed Mosaic Law during their exodus from Egypt) (i.e. https://biblehub.com/text/matthew/5-17.htm)

Did Orthodox Jews obey Mosaic Law (Exodus 12:15), in the decades between Jesus' crucifixion and the destruction of the Temple, just as the congregation of Israel first obeyed Mosaic Law during their exodus from Egypt? If not, then (Deuteronomy 13:5) applies to them.

Deuteronomy 13:5 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall [1]put away the evil from your midst.

Footnote: [1] exterminate

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

AGain, that is your interpretation. I prefer to go by the interpretation of those whom God authorized to rule on matters of law.
Again...by all means, you go by the interpretation of those YOU prefer....pharisees.
I'll go by the interpretation of the one I prefer, the anointed son of God.

This is funny because God's nature isn't human or physical.
Exacly reason for Christ. God is Spirit. Human being physical and Spiritual can commune with God through Christ (within) Who can be physical and and Spirit. Only through Christ man can commune with God, works both directions.

According to Mosaic Law, seven days you shall eat unleavened bread. (i.e. Exodus 12:15)

The congregation of Israel obeyed that command during their exodus from Egypt. (https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/12-28.htm)

15th day of the first month (day 1)
16th day of the first month (day 2)
17th day of the first month (day 3)
18th day of the first month (day 4)
19th day of the first month (day 5)
20th day of the first month (day 6)
21st day of the first month (day 7)

According to Mosaic Law, on the first day you shall remove leaven from your houses. (i.e. Exodus 12:15)

Leaven removed on the 15th day of the first month. The congregation of Israel obeyed that command during their exodus from Egypt.

Jesus obeyed Mosaic Law (Exodus 12:15). (i.e. removed leaven from the houses on the 15th day of the first month, and ate unleavened bread for seven days, 15th - 21st of the first month, just as the congregation of Israel first obeyed Mosaic Law during their exodus from Egypt) (i.e. https://biblehub.com/text/matthew/5-17.htm)

Did Orthodox Jews obey Mosaic Law (Exodus 12:15), in the decades between Jesus' crucifixion and the destruction of the Temple, just as the congregation of Israel first obeyed Mosaic Law during their exodus from Egypt? If not, then (Deuteronomy 13:5) applies to them.

Deuteronomy 13:5 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
5 But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which the Lord your God commanded you to walk. So you shall [1]put away the evil from your midst.

Footnote: [1] exterminate

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
Why do you specifically bring up Orthodox Jews? I'm not orthodox, and many religious Jews are not Orthodox. It's kind of offensive that you seem to assume that Orthodox Jews are the only religious Jews.

Yes religious Jews kept the commandments between Jesus death and the destruction of the temple. The problem was not with the keeping of Passover, but with Jews hating fellow Jews without cause. THAT is why the temple was destroyed.

Back