John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Those that speak against Christ and/or His Church....wouldn't you agree?
It has a broader application than that.

What about yourself, guilty as well?

Anything MacArthur stated has documentable evidence. I heard a testimony of a former RC who went to MacArthur's Grace Community Church and heard the Gospel for the first time ever. He was saved that day and has been there since. This was decades ago.

There is no salvation in the RCC.

There is no salvation in GCC either.

There is only salvation through Christ, and it is just that, salvation. And that is what the man found when he went to GCC.

Last edited:
It has a broader application than that. Anything MacArthur stated has documentable evidence. I heard a testimony of a former RC who went to MacArthur's Grace Community Church and heard the Gospel for the first time ever. He was saved that day and has been there since. This was decades ago.
I am interesting in this thread because a relative of mine just recently asked for a Bible commentary by MacArthur {I think].

It has a broader application than that.

What about yourself, guilty as well?

Anything MacArthur stated has documentable evidence. I heard a testimony of a former RC who went to MacArthur's Grace Community Church and heard the Gospel for the first time ever. He was saved that day and has been there since. This was decades ago.

There is no salvation in the RCC.

There is no salvation in GCC either.

There is only salvation through Christ, and it is just that, salvation. And that is what the man found when he went to GCC.
@Arch Stanton see this, I asked a question, be courteous and answer.

A significant number of the charismatics make the false absurd claim that they
get special revelation directly from God and that is Pandora's Box and it has
boo coo ugly nasty things that pop out.

Once we accept the principle that "Christians" can get special direct revelation
from God than how does one argue with God?

Answer: You can't argue with God.

Let me give you some examples:

We have some "Christian" female preachers that ignore the plain commands of
the Bible that say woman cannot preach and they claim that God has called
them to preach. They got special revelation from God that VOIDED out the
clear commands of God in the New Testament that say females cannot be
preachers.

So?

So if you are going to embrace the principle that Christians can today get direct
revelation from God, then that means I also can get it.

So if I tell you that God spoke to me today and told me that the Calvinistic
Theological System was the one and only true theological system -- then that
settles forever this issue.

Also if I tell you that God spoke to me today and told me that all the female preachers
are doing the work of Satan -- then that forever settles that issue too.

Unless one claims that God only gives direct revelation to THEM.

But. . . .

Anybody can make that claim too.

So?

So significant numbers of the charismatics introduce stark raving insanity into the 21st
century Christian Church.

Then in another vein there is the obvious nutty stuff. Check this out:

Listen to this crazy stuff. Holy Laughing.

Best,

JAG

[]
Standard Pentehostile invective.

Standard Pentehostile invective
Here are some Pentecostals on the floor crawling around
on their knees and barking like dogs and one of them
literally howls like a wolf (at the moon?) because the Lord
told her to do that.

Best

JAG

[]

Last edited:
Here are some Pentecostals on the floor crawling around
on their knees and barking like dogs and one of them
literally howls like a wolf (at the moon?) because the Lord
told her to do that.
Chuckle!! I've been a member in good standing in the Assemblies of God for most of the last 60 years, in 6 different States in the North, and in the South. with a 10 year hiatus in the Charismatic movement (President of a Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship Chapter in Ohio.

And in all that time I've NEVER personally observed any of that behavior. Not saying that it doesn't happen, just that in 60 years as a Pentecostal in a MAJOR Pentecostal Denomination, and running with the Charismatics, I never saw any of it.

Incidentally, "Holy Rollers" were typically Methodist Holiness folks, that predated the Pentecostal revival.

Last edited:
Chuckle!! I've been a member in good standing in the Assemblies of God for most of the last 60 years, in 6 different States in the North, and in the South. with a 10 year hiatus in the Charismatic movement (President of a Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship Chapter in Ohio.

And in all that time I've NEVER personally observed any of that behavior. Not saying that it doesn't happen, just that in 60 years as a Pentecostal in a MAJOR Pentecostal Denomination, and running with the Charismatics, I never saw any of it.

Incidentally, "Holy Rollers" were typically Methodist Holiness folks, that predated the Pentecostal revival.
I am a Calvinist and a Presbyterian and I have tremendous respect
for the Assemblies of God, and I sent a monthly donation every single
month to the Assemblies Of God Trust. I have a list of 12 Christian orgos I support
monthly with a modest amount just so I can say I have a part in supporting the work of
the Lord Jesus throughtout the world.

I have zero hostility to the Pentecostals (even though some of them act crazy a lot of the time)

My favorite gospel singers are the Gaither's and Jimmy Swaggart and his singers.
I have MANY of their music DVD's -- and LOVE their music.

God bless.

JAG

[]

You're being disingenuous about what I stated and are going on an uneccessary tangent. Or you've completely missed my points.
I didn't misunderstand what I wrote three times.
When Paul said Christ crucified, it meant much more. It has more implications than this. That is in 1 Corinthians 2:2 for the record.
What does that do for the person dying for a glass of living water, but you are trying to give him heavily salted steak?
Do you suppose he perhaps told them who this Christ was?
I hope so. He didn't say some guy died on a cross without meaning.
Why he was crucified?
That's a great question. Why was He crucified and not run through with a sword? He would still bleed and die. We would have to ask God why Jesus had to be high and lifted up like that serpent in the wilderness. I mean, that is really the only reason we were given in scripture without a lot of exegesis, and even then can we be sure?
The purpose behind it?
Punitive substitutionary atonement.
That He was buried?
That's what we usually do for people who pass away.
That He was raised from the dead?
The Father was satisfied with the sacrifice of His Son.
Of course. He goes on and shows what he preached to them in chapter 15.
I read it. It doesn't make your point.
Lolzzz...

The hashing out? The crucifixion implies also that He died, was buried, was resurrected, and was seen; 1 Corinthians 15:1-7. That's the hashing out. I'm certain I can get that thing in there before the guy dies, don't you?
Yes, but Paul didn't hash it out. No seminary class for the dying, because that would take too long. (Also, God doesn't require it.)
Bro, sorry to say, but thou dost protest too much.
You do the same, considering I already explained what I was saying THREE times, and you didn't get it until now. You add to the gospel like the Judaizers. Not the same lie, but you add to it.

I didn't misunderstand what I wrote three times.

What does that do for the person dying for a glass of living water, but you are trying to give him heavily salted steak?

I hope so. He didn't say some guy died on a cross without meaning.

That's a great question. Why was He crucified and not run through with a sword? He would still bleed and die. We would have to ask God why Jesus had to be high and lifted up like that serpent in the wilderness. I mean, that is really the only reason we were given in scripture without a lot of exegesis, and even then can we be sure?

Punitive substitutionary atonement.

That's what we usually do for people who pass away.

The Father was satisfied with the sacrifice of His Son.

I read it. It doesn't make your point.

Yes, but Paul didn't hash it out. No seminary class for the dying, because that would take too long. (Also, God doesn't require it.)

You do the same, considering I already explained what I was saying THREE times, and you didn't get it until now. You add to the gospel like the Judaizers. Not the same lie, but you add to it.
Exactly the person adds to the gospel as you observed during this dialogue. One doesn’t need a theology background to believe and understand the simple gospel message and be saved.

Back