What is the salvific effect of the Cross?

and Christ tells us -- unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Who is the correct authority to decide? you? me? a thousand other posters on carm with different interpretations? ?‍♂️
Christ was speaking figuratively, your guilty of private interpretation. Flesh and blood possess no salvific ability. It is not His flesh and blood we eat and drink that saves us, it is His broken flesh and shed blood on the cross that saves anyone.

Christ was speaking figuratively, your guilty of private interpretation.
Disciples left Christ over this hard saying. Disciples did not leave when Christ referred to himself as the door, vine, etc.
It is not His flesh and blood we eat and drink that saves us, it is His broken flesh and shed blood on the cross that saves anyone.
'For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink.'

Disciples left Christ over this hard saying. Disciples did not leave when Christ referred to himself as the door, vine, etc.

'For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink.'
His twelve disciples did not leave over His hard saying. Listen to how Peter and the eleven responded to the bread of life discourse. "And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the Living God", Jn.6:69 What did they walk away with? They said WE BELIEVE, and that thou art THAT CHRIST...." The theme of John's gospel is 'believe'. This is what Peter said, "And WE BELIEVE..." Now if the theme of the bread of life was to eat and drink Jesus, then don't you find it strange that Peter did not mention one word about eating and drinking Jesus. No,no the lasting impression for Peter was WE BELIEVE.....THAT THOU ART THAT CHRIST. Jesus did not correct Peter and say 'don't forget that part about eating my flesh and drinking my blood. Peter's silence and Jesus silence is deafening.

Do you not want Christ within you?

1. I always ask that of all the devout Catholics that refuse to attend daily Mass. They talk such a big game about how they eat God and how amazing it is....but I see how they vote with their feet. They are all talk and bluster. When it actually comes to getting to Mass to eat God every day, suddenly you all have better things to do. LOL.

2. As to Christ within, Christ followers have Him within all the time. They don't just have Him when they eat Him but then He flees almost immediately afterwards. LOL.

1. I always ask that of all the devout Catholics that refuse to attend daily Mass.
Some of us don't have the opportunity for daily Mass.
They talk such a big game about how they eat God and how amazing it is.
and it is ?
They are all talk and bluster.
all talk about God is not a bad thing Atemi
As to Christ within, Christ followers have Him within all the time.
no life within you Atemi [Jn 6]

I started around post 554 asking these questions and still waiting pages later for Ding to answer them:

You don't even clearly state your beliefs, so therefore no verses at all to support them. I have asked but you keep running away and do not stand up and clearly state:

a. What saves us?????
b. Give the scriptural supports for said beliefs????
c. Whose righteousness??????

WAITING, WAITING, WAITING

Do you not want Christ within you? Take that up with Him when you stand before Him.
That is a very weak response. I have Christ within me via the new birth not by eating his flesh and drinking his blood. My digestive tract would move Jesus through me in about 30 minutes, then do I need to eat some more flesh and drink more blood. That is how ridiculous your proposition is. Get serious and come up with a serious response.

1. I always ask that of all the devout Catholics that refuse to attend daily Mass.
Some of us don't have the opportunity for daily Mass.

Like I said: you have better things to do.

They talk such a big game about how they eat God and how amazing it is.
and it is ?

I already proved otherwise.

As to Christ within, Christ followers have Him within all the time.
no life within you Atemi [Jn 6]

I fully understand Catholics believe they do not have the spirit of Christ within them. I take you at your word.

As to those not eating your wafers not having life within, even your own church admits they do not actually believe that is always the case. Not even Catholics believe their own nonsense. LOL.

Like I said: you have better things to do.
Nothing is more important than Christ

If so, almost all of you would not be skipping out on daily Mass.

Like I said, you all talk a lot of big talk....but you don't walk the walk. You'll get around to Jesus when you have the time. LOL.

I already proved otherwise.
You don't get to decide how a Catholic feels when they take the Eucharist

We all know how Catholics feel about your wafers by how often they made it their first priority to receive them.

No guessing involved.

You prove it all to the rest of us. All my life as a Catholic, I witnessed the same big talk with the corresponding behavior being entirely different. Your inaction betrays you.

WEAK response? WHAT? Christ's own words Mack, Christ's own words.... ohhhhhh my!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You get serious on the Catholicism board -- come up with something original
Can you prove the eucharist is propitiatorial in nature, or do you just claim it with no evidence. The shed blood of Jesus is the only heavenly assigned agent of expiation. It is the blood on the cross not the blood in the cup which possesses salvific ability, Heb.9:22, Lev.17:11, Rom.3:25, Rev.1:5 When Jesus said this is my body and this is my blood He was speaking anachronistically not literally.

and Christ tells us -- unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.

Who is the correct authority to decide? you? me? a thousand other posters on carm with different interpretations? ?‍♂️

Chapter 6 of John, has more than one verse in it. And on the exact same page and exact same chapter of John Christ also said

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

John 6:29
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

Chapter 6 of John, has more than one verse in it. And on the exact same page and exact same chapter of John Christ also said

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47
Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life.

John 6:29
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
It seems it is faith, faith, faith, faith, faith, faith what is hard about that for RCs.

Pity RCs do not understand when Jesus is speaking symbolically about spiritual things and literal words. I mean if they say that passage about bread and wine is literal then Peter MUST be satan.

Back