John 5:19 - Is Jesus limited to what the Father does?

When we obey God it is evidence of our salvation which is only by faith in Jesus' atonement for our sins and His resurrection. The main commandment is "Love one another." It is evident from Matthew 25, that those who are truly His sheep are serving others. In other words, they are fulfilling the commandment to love one another, which is exemplified through their service.
This is just waay too general. Everyone has some guideline they follow. It pretty much depends on the church they grew up in, or what they settled on after reading the Bible and doing their own study as I did. We can't just go through life living any old way we please and saying, "love one another" and still breaking every other commandment.
I used to work with a woman who went to church every week and was shacking with a man. Jesus taught a lesson about that.

This is just waay too general. Everyone has some guideline they follow. It pretty much depends on the church they grew up in, or what they settled on after reading the Bible and doing their own study as I did. We can't just go through life living any old way we please and saying, "love one another" and still breaking every other commandment.
I used to work with a woman who went to church every week and was shacking with a man. Jesus taught a lesson about that.
I think it depends on whether people read the Bible, believe it and apply it to themselves. I wasn't brought up in a church, I just read the Bible.
Many Christians just go to church, get their fast food there and that's about it. If they read the Bible they would get the correction they need and I believe that is why Bible reading is avoided. On the other hand, you have those who do read the Bible, follow the laws and neglect the most important one which is love one another. Some of the meanest people I have met were the most "religious."

Sorry but you are mistaken. The core beliefs of Christianity are a belief in the messiah-ship of Jesus and the atonement. If you don't believe those, you are not a Christian. If you do believe those, you are a Christian, even if you are a serial killer.
An apostate Christian might believe that, but real Christians follow what Jesus and the apostles taught, not what others say they taught. The apostle John and the original Greek are very specific. Anyone who willfully and continuously sins has never see the Lord or known Him. They were never born again. You coordinate that with Jesus' statement, "You will know them by their fruits." Paul telling us they there are those who deny the Lord with their actions and a host of other scriptures that confirm the same principle. The "tares among the wheat" say they are Christians but they are not, just as Revelation says that there are Jews who say they are Jews and are not.

Wrong. Jesus' words contradict you. If he's with the Father, he doesn't have to go to Him. ;)
The Father's being is in heaven and does not leave because His being is so holy He would fry us. His Holy Spirit is omnipresent and God operates through it to communicate and interact with men. The Lord showed me that the principle is like that of an electrical cord. We can touch the cord, but not the power it is insulating. Another example it the sun and its rays. We can't touch the sun, but we can bask in its rays. When Jesus said He was returning to the Father, He was returning to the Father's Being/Person in heaven.

No contradictions. Temporary leniencies with the intent to return to full observance.

Wrong. The intent was for gentiles to be fully grafted. One law for the native and stranger.
Gentiles are grafted in by faith in the atonement and unified with God by the Holy Spirit. Obedience to God's word is the fruit of that relationship which is intended to go beyond legalism to a completely reformed human being operating in love and the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit. In other words, if you are not exhibiting the love, joy peace, patience, meekness, kindness, gentleness, goodness and moderation of God's character in you, then all your supposed observance to the law is invalid. The Pharisees observed the law and were in sin because of their lovelessness. That's the point of the New Covenant. God's word is no longer a to do list taped to your refrigerator, but a new creature formed in love that naturally walks in the attitudes and lifestyles that are pleasing to God.

so you are just part of a fictional phony People
no wonder the gentiles didn't like you - they saw right thru yr "we're special" and ethical boloney

anyway, the Bible is about Israel but it is really about one Person in particular
I understand that you are just trying to troll me, so I'm moving on.

After His mission was accomplished where did Jesus fail?
Jesus accomplished nothing.

Examples of Jesus failing to be the messiah:
1. The messiah will usher in an era of worldwide peace between the nations. Jesus didn't.
2. The messiah will bring all the Jews, not just some, back to the land of Israel. Jesus didn't.
3. The messiah will rule from Jerusalem. Jesus did not.

Remember, all it takes is ONE unfulfilled prophecy to exclude Jesus. I just gave you three.

An apostate Christian might believe that, but real Christians follow what Jesus and the apostles taught, not what others say they taught. The apostle John and the original Greek are very specific. Anyone who willfully and continuously sins has never see the Lord or known Him. They were never born again. You coordinate that with Jesus' statement, "You will know them by their fruits." Paul telling us they there are those who deny the Lord with their actions and a host of other scriptures that confirm the same principle. The "tares among the wheat" say they are Christians but they are not, just as Revelation says that there are Jews who say they are Jews and are not.
"Real Christians" arguments are fallacious. Look up the logical fallacy known as No True Scotsman.

What you have said is a Jewish myth with no basis in scripture.
No basis in scripture?

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

If the law is written on their hearts, it means it is no longer necessary to teach right and wrong to children. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT THIS TIME

Jeremiah 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

If they shall all know God, that means there is no more atheists. THAT IS NOT THE CASE AT THIS TIME

So, NO. The New Covenant has not happened yet.

I understand that you are just trying to troll me, so I'm moving on.
no

in the NT is says that Jesus started teaching in parables
and we can know when and why He started doing so

OT stories are foundation of why the Jewish people are unique
I believe they are not just ethical fiction or parables

it is understandable when gentiles take them for not real

No basis in scripture?
so that parts you think is true...

Last edited:
Back