What's your eternity going to be like?

Then why not take up dangerous extreme sports?
Interesting. Sarcastic, but interesting.
You might die sooner, and go "home"... if that's what you really want.
God still has a plan for me. And it's His will be done, not mine.
But I doubt that it is -
And you base this opinion on...
you probably wear a seatbelt
when you're in a car, and look both ways before you cross the road.
Such a tired, old gotcha. Used as if it is some masterful debate argument. It truly surmises where you are, intellectually.

Interesting. Sarcastic, but interesting.
Not sarcastic in the least - if you are keen to die, but suicide is off the table, then you should be looking at every non-suicidal, death-accelerating activity you can find.
Such a tired, old gotcha. Used as if it is some masterful debate argument. It truly surmises where you are, intellectually.
Any Christian that actively avoids death, has weak faith.

That's the genuinely great thing about what I've been explaining for the past decade now.
It's all contained in the bible.

Sadly, you're so concerned about being right, and winning a debate that you refuse to do your own research so you can actually understand.
No... I’m more concerned about you being right because you have a lot of B.S. beliefs that are not founded in the Bible you bomb on us. I’ve just shown you that the Bible doesn’t support you eschatologically.... why should we not think that ALL you Christian thinking isn’t as sloppy and wrong-headed?

Considering God doesn't torture my purpose at the moment in interacting with a surly atheist troll.
Thanks for assuring me I will not suffer by God punishing me for rejecting him.

I misunderstood your position, so apologies for earlier comments.

How can you quantify reasonableness given the subjectivity of either position?

Yea...me either.
By comparing witnessed reality to Christian claims and projections. In that, Christianity has already failed the comparison to reality and thus ONLY remains a belief based on unrealized projections.... one of which, the coming of the kingdom, has already failed.

No... I’m more concerned about you being right because you have a lot of B.S. beliefs that are not founded in the Bible you bomb on us. I’ve just shown you that the Bible doesn’t support you eschatologically.... why should we not think that ALL you Christian thinking isn’t as sloppy and wrong-headed?
Everything that pertains to life and godliness through the knowledge of God and Jesus are contained in the Bible.
Grow a pair and choose life.
Because according to you, death is better than life.

By comparing witnessed reality to Christian claims and projections. In that, Christianity has already failed the comparison to reality and thus ONLY remains a belief based on unrealized projections.... one of which, the coming of the kingdom, has already failed.
2 Peter 3:3 Most importantly, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 “Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world of that time perished in the flood. 7 And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. 10 But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and its works will be laid bare.

Everything that pertains to life and godliness through the knowledge of God and Jesus are contained in the Bible.
Grow a pair and choose life.
Because according to you, death is better than life.
Not right now it isn’t... but to you it would be. All apocalyptic cults such as the one you are in believes that.

2 Peter 3:3 Most importantly, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 “Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world of that time perished in the flood. 7 And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. 8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. 10 But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and its works will be laid bare.
But that all failed - and they may not have known the day or hour, but they were definitely told the timeline. Jesus was an apocalyptic prophet of the more recent jewish apocalyptic strain and taught in no uncertain terms that the end was near and that the people in front of him need to prepare. Prepare how? Selling all your things, abandoning your families, your livelihoods, follow Jesus (physically - not metaphorically) and investing fully in the coming of the kingdom that would be upon the generation that stood before him saw death. Otherwise such orders would be wholly irresponsible.

By the end of the 1st century followers of that prophesy had to re-assess. That’s when the whack-a-doodle books of John and Revelation were written, so different that the rest of the canon, in that it felt the need to supersize Jesus for the wow factor.

But that all failed -
Did it? Are you able to prove such a claim?
and they may not have known the day or hour, but they were definitely told the timeline.
Parable of the 10 handmaids.
Jesus was an apocalyptic prophet of the more recent jewish apocalyptic strain
No, He IS God. The Second Person of the Trinity. The Savior of the World. Something lost on the lost, like you!
and taught in no uncertain terms that the end was near
Did He?
and that the people in front of him need to prepare.
As applicable today as then.
Prepare how? Selling all your things, abandoning your families, your livelihoods, follow Jesus (physically - not metaphorically) and investing fully in the coming of the kingdom that would be upon the generation that stood before him saw death. Otherwise such orders would be wholly irresponsible.
No. The Great Commission.
By the end of the 1st century followers of that prophesy had to re-assess.
Did they?
That’s when the whack-a-doodle books of John and Revelation were written,
Were they?
so different that the rest of the canon, in that it felt the need to supersize Jesus for the wow factor.
Did it?

Thanks for assuring me I will not suffer by God punishing me for rejecting him.
You are also a pretty, pretty princess.
I misunderstood your position, so apologies for earlier comments.
You don't even know what you are doing anymore.

You have a couple of choices.

Atheist: Deny Gods existence and then go bowling or something

Agnostic: I don't know jack about squat.

These are your rational options. Trying to play atheist turned christian Poe is funny.

Did it? Are you able to prove such a claim?
It’s biblical.
Parable of the 10 handmaids.

No, He IS God. The Second Person of the Trinity. The Savior of the World. Something lost on the lost, like you!
No. He was a Rabbi from the sect of the Essenes that thought he was the Jewish Messiah... The Liberator of only Israel as foretold in Hebrew only prophesies. Matt 15:24 - But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Yes.
As applicable today as then.
The time expired over 2000 years ago for all the prophesies attached to Jesus. All that is left is the Jewish prophesy.
No. The Great Commission.
Non-sequiror. The Great commission was the validation of Jesus. It strains credulity to think that Jesus would use terminology that those that stood before him would not taste death until.... what.... ? ..... until I go on a mountaintop in a few days to meet Abraham and Elijah and get their blessing? Um....No.

No reasonable scholarship believes those 2 events related... Only the worst practitioners of fundamental Hermeneutic would try to tie the transfiguration to answer that problem. It is desperate.
Did they?
Yes.
Were they?

Did it?
That is the scholarship. Was the above your complete apologetic? The Great Commission?

Last edited:
That's the sum of your whole argument.
Not all of it.... so many more biblical narratives point to it, But if the Bible is the source of your belief, then yes, you can read about the failure of Jesus right there in the Gospels and Acts. The show was over by the end of the first century.

Back