The RC Mary has Godly attributes?

And possibly John the Baptist. I say possibly John the Baptist becasue there is a Tradition in the Church that he never sinned becasue he was sanctified in the womb. However, I am certain whether the Church has formally pronounced on that.

In any case----the word "all" is used "all" the time in a general sense. Rarely does the word ever mean "absolutely no exceptions." Given that only three people in salvation history have been known to be sinless: Jesus, Mary, and possibly John the Baptist, I hardly thing 3 exceptions in the entirety of creation would disprove the rule.

But Catholics have never denied that Mary needed a savior. What, if not Christ, do you think Catholics believe the basis of Mary's sinlessness is?
The nuns never taught he was sinless. So now we have Mary and John the Baptist sinless. The RC love to change the true gospel. John the baptist was Jesus cousin and supposedly sinless questioned who Jesus was:

Matt 11

2 When John the Baptist was in prison, he heard what Jesus was doing. He sent his followers.

if you consider truth magic brackets

ashamed of the man-made false teachers that have been tricked hook, line, and sinker by the evil one..... wake up and seek the truth!!!
It is you who needs to wake up and seek the truth. You wallow in false man made teachings and teachers, the false teachers and wolves of your institution which does not follow Jesus or the apostles. That is why you need two mediators, two redeemers etc. So against scriptures.

When did your church show up? Late?

There is only One Church that was given the authority by Jesus Himself to teach all nations.
There was only One Church that was promised the Holy Spirit to guide it to all truth.
There is only One Church that was called the pillar and foundation of the truth.
There is only One Church that was promised that the gates of hell would not prevail against it.

Now what about Protestant unbiblical doctrines?

Where does the Bible teach that you can leave the Church and set up a rival, man-made church?
Where does it teach that you should have a ruling body made up of 1 president and 7 vice presidents (or whatever number you have)?
Where does it teach what comprises the Lutheran Sunday liturgy ?
Where does it teach OSAS?
Where does it teach the "dual nature" of the Eucharist?
Where does it teach "Be a sinner and sin boldly"?
Where does it teach that it is ok to remarry after divorce?
Where does it teach that artificial birth control and sterilization is fine for married couples?
Where does it teach that test tube babies and freezing embryos indefinitely is ok?
Where does it teach that it is ok to skip church on Sunday to play golf?
Your institution is not the real church, it has no authority from Jesus its actions speak and shout we follow our founder the father of lies. That is why it has unbiblical teachings.

All we get from RCs is their opinion of what their catechism and institution teaches.
Actually--you are right on that. We give the opinion of the Church.

The difference is that the RCC is the Church founded by Christ for the purposes of teaching. Hence, the opinion of the Church carries weight.

You and your sect have no such commission. Thus---what you state is opinion only--and it is no better no worse than any other Protestant with a Bible who has an opinion.

proof for 2,000 years.... thanks
It is not 2,000 years at all, but let us look at its acts over that time - molesting children, sexually immorality in all its forms, raping nuns, teaching a false gospel, leaders who fail the scriptural requirements, are a bad example to the flock, harm the flock, condoning murder, greed, lies, corrupt leaders, the list is much longer but it is a start that reveal your institution smells.

The difference is that the RCC is the Church founded by Christ for the purposes of teaching. Hence, the opinion of the Church carries weight.

You and your sect have no such commission. Thus---what you state is opinion only--and it is no better no worse than any other Protestant with a Bible who has an opinion.
No it must be your opinion but not all RCs have the same opinion.

Your church was not founded by Jesus and does not teach what He taught or the apostles taught. If it carries the weight, the weight crushed it, it is a major fail in the teaching department and that is why it has the teachings of the father of lies its real founder.

I have no sect since I left the RCC, all real believers have the commission, the Great commission. You are just give us your false opinion once again. Yep I must be worse as most RCs run away from me because I will point out why it is the false church.

Your institution is the gates of hell and I am glad Jesus brought me out of it and its lies. I now have a relationship with Him and am so glad He loves me and every other real believer. He loves humanity so much He died for us. Not one RC has done that for humanity, not one RC can save a person. Its sacraments prove they do not do what the RCC claims they do, their leaders are the living proof they don't work.

in the NT.... Jude, James, John, and 2 Corinthians

Where in those books is there a ministerial PRIESTHOOD?
false assumption on your part once again :rolleyes:
Not really.
that would be your man-made ecclesial community from the sixteenth century forward

The true church is comprised of all true believers everywhere, who trust and believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and God and Savior, who look to faith in HIM for salvation, great and free. There have been people like that since Pentecost. THEY are the church, Arch.
I do, that is why I am Catholic.... you still have ⏳ I think
Then you have been misled. Being Catholic doesn't save one. We are not saved by belonging to this or that church denomination, including yours, but by grace through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is you that still, hopefully, has time to turn to Christ Jesus to be saved, and to put your faith totally in HIM for salvation, great and free, not in your church or pope or rituals.

if you consider truth magic brackets

Then why don't you believe the truth that the Bible teaches us about how to obtain eternal life?
ashamed of the man-made false teachers that have been tricked hook, line, and sinker by the evil one..... wake up and seek the truth!!!
Sooooo......believing and trusting in Jesus Christ, as Lord and God and Savior, for eternal life, is from the evil one?

Which is often wrong.

Baloney! Jesus never founded the RCC! If that were true, then we would see all of the doctrines and practices your church teaches now being taught in the first century church--4 Marian dogmas; Indulgences; praying to saints dead in the Lord; celibate, unmarried clergy; salvation by grace through faith plus our works....can you show us where Jesus and the Apostles taught these things in the first century church?
You and your sect have no such commission.

We have the Commission Jesus gave everyone at the end of Matthew.
Thus---what you state is opinion only--and it is no better no worse than any other Protestant with a Bible who has an opinion.
It is better than the false dogmas promulgated by your church for many centuries.

Which is often wrong.
Another opinion
Baloney! Jesus never founded the RCC!
And yet you cannot tell me which Church he DID found! So--you know Jesus did not found the RCC, but you you do not know which Church he DID found.

You do not know which Church Christ founded, you just know he didn't found the RCC. And yet--you cannot point me to any Protestants in the early Church.
If that were true, then we would see all of the doctrines and practices your church teaches now being taught in the first century church--4 Marian dogmas; Indulgences; praying to saints dead in the Lord; celibate, unmarried clergy; salvation by grace through faith plus our works....can you show us where Jesus and the Apostles taught these things in the first century church?
Your entire statement is question begging. You assume the doctrine of Sola Scriptura.
We have the Commission Jesus gave everyone at the end of Matthew.
So every believer is a teacher, huh? That and $1.00 won't even buy you a cup of coffee.

If EVERYONE has the commission, Bonnie, then NO ONE has the commission. If everyone is a teacher, NO ONE is a teacher. This is precisely why I keep telling you that you give me only opinion. You and every other Joe or Bonnie believer have a BIble and an opinion. Surely you can understand then, why I find your opinions to be utterly worthless.
It is better than the false dogmas promulgated by your church for many centuries.
More question begging.

Another opinion

And yet you cannot tell me which Church he DID found!

She's told you MANY times.
He founded the "Christian" church, not the Romanist church.
You simply don't like the answer.

So--you know Jesus did not found the RCC, but you you do not know which Church he DID found.

He founded the Christian church.

You do not know which Church Christ founded,

you just know he didn't found the RCC. And yet--you cannot point me to any Protestants in the early Church.

We have no need to do so.

Your entire statement is question begging. You assume the doctrine of Sola Scriptura.

No, Jesus gave us the doctrine.
Which is why the ECF's taught sola Scriptura.

So every believer is a teacher, huh?

Of course, she never said anything.
Preaching the gospel is different from "teaching".

That and $1.00 won't even buy you a cup of coffee.

More insults, as usual.
You keep proving by your actions that the Romanist church is not the Christian church.

If EVERYONE has the commission, Bonnie, then NO ONE has the commission.

That irrational and illogical.

If everyone is a teacher, NO ONE is a teacher.

She never said "everyone is a teacher".
And even if she did, your assertion is irrational and nonsensical.

It's like saying, "If everyone is alive, then no one is alive".

Which ONE?
She never said "everyone is a teacher". And even if she did, your assertion is irrational and nonsensical.
She said all believers have the commission.
It's like saying, "If everyone is alive, then no one is alive".
No, it isn't sir. Not at all. You know what I am saying.

Sir, if EVERYONE is above average----then everyone is average. Get it now? That is what I am trying to say.

If every believer has the commission to teach me the Scriptures, then it is just every believer with their Bible and an opinion--which is no more, no les valid than anyone else with a Bible and an opinion, including me.

Which ONE?

I've told you at least 7-8 times already.
The CHRISTIAN church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're trying to get me to limit the church to only ONE denomination, which I cannot do.
They weren't Catholics.
They weren't Methodists.
They weren't Lutherans.
They weren't Baptists.

They were simply "Christians".

The answer to which church is the "one true church" is NOT limited to a single physical denomination.

If you want me to pick the modern denomination which I think is closest to the early church, I would have to choose the Baptist church. But that does not mean that the early church was "Baptist", nor that non-Baptists were/are not part of the body of Christ.

It's not a "teaching" commission.

Sir, if EVERYONE is above average----then everyone is average. Get it now? That is what I am trying to say.

And you would be wrong, as I just demonstrated.
You're ridiculous claim is like saying, "If everyone is alive, then no one is alive", and it's patently ridiculous.

If every believer has the commission to teach me the Scriptures,

Nobody said that.
The great commission is NOT "to teach the Scriptures".

then it is just every believer with their Bible and an opinion--which is no more, no les valid than anyone else with a Bible and an opinion, including me.

And once again you are claiming nobody can understand the Bible, and that God is an incompetent communicator.

Which ONE?

The Christian church, the Way

Sure we do. We can all spread the gospel message without being formal missionaries. I do so on CARM all the time. Moms can do it with their children. People in all walks of life can share the Gospel message with others, in the course of their everyday lives and with encounters with other people. I have done so a few times.
No, it isn't sir. Not at all. You know what I am saying.

Do we?

Why say it at all?
If every believer has the commission to teach me the Scriptures, then it is just every believer with their Bible and an opinion--which is no more, no les valid than anyone else with a Bible and an opinion, including me.
And including your church. Thanks for admitting that, however obliquely.

The Christian church, the Way
Bonnie, you know full well what I am asking. This "Christian Church" this "The way" what TYPE of Christians were they? Were they Lutherans? Methodists? Baptists? What?
Sure we do. We can all spread the gospel message without being formal missionaries. I do so on CARM all the time. Moms can do it with their children. People in all walks of life can share the Gospel message with others, in the course of their everyday lives and with encounters with other people. I have done so a few times.
That isn't the question Bonnie. I am not suggesting we can't all spread the Gospel. I am asking who has the authority to TEACH.

All believers have the authority to spread the Gospel. Not all believers have the authority to TEACH.

Back