The RC Mary has Godly attributes?

Here is His church:

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
So, if three atheist decide to invoke the name of Jesus, Christ is amongst them? Can they too bind and loose?
He does not live in an institution or denomination. He lives in the children of God. From the day of Pentecost until this very day.
Oh, but He does, just as He lives in His Body, the Church.

JoeT

So, if three atheist decide to invoke the name of Jesus, Christ is amongst them? Can they too bind and loose?

So, is Jesus so stupid that He cannot tell the difference between 3 atheists invoking His name for a lark, and 2 or 3 people who genuinely believe in Him gathering together in His name to worship Him?

Which is made up of ALL true believers, everywhere, who worship Him in spirit and IN TRUTH, trusting in Him only for eternal life, great and free.

Just like "Hocus pocus" and "hoc est corpus" are not magical incantations,
the name of Jesus is likewise not a magical incantation.

But thank you for proving over and over again that Romanists don't have the first clue about correctly interpreting Scripture.

Yes, in His church, not the Romanist church.

So, is Jesus so stupid that He cannot tell the difference between 3 atheists invoking His name for a lark, and 2 or 3 people who genuinely believe in Him gathering together in His name to worship Him?

Which is made up of ALL true believers, everywhere, who worship Him in spirit and IN TRUTH, trusting in Him only for eternal life, great and free.
I think that your point is clearly covered by Matt 7:

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Pity RCs do not know their scripture. Hence why we say true believers. Once again RCs prove they underestimate Jesus and our knowledge of Him.

Good grief...what a moronic comment. That comment is not one a follower of the Way would make but someone desperate and at odds with His "church." ?
His body is His followers, those of us indwelt by His Holy Spirit, not in some institution or denomination. But as for you, you belong to an institution (not a church) created in mans image. Big difference.

Last edited:
So, if three atheist decide to invoke the name of Jesus, Christ is amongst them?

This proves without a doubt Roman Catholics have zero clue what it means to gather in the name of Jesus.

Let me give you a clue, Joe: it does not mean they merely say the name of Jesus as if some spell like we find in your sect.

So everyone remember this when Catholics self righteously think they are anyone to lecture the rest of us about church. Catholics are the last ones to know what that means.

JoeT
Are these atheists gathered together 'in His name'? Atheists probably 'invoke' Jesus' name more than christians do, as a curse word not out of love because they belong to Him. See the difference?

All true believers NOT in denominations.

There is more than one true believer.
And please don't make this personal.
If you don't want to believe Bonnie or I are true believers, knock yourself out. No skin off our noses. It simply demonstrates someone's lack of charity.
I'm quite sure you are, however y'all believe in a different god.

JoeT

Well your posts reveal a great lack of understanding of what being a real believer is, IMO.
As you said, that's your opinion. Mine is a bit different. I'll ask the question again, "which is the true one? You?." I'll add, without a Magisterium, how do you know your understanding of a book is equivalent to the real understanding. And if so, why aren't you Catholic?

JoeT

Back