Circular Reasoning

maybe you should pay attention to v 26 - it speaks of washing by His word, that's something catholics don't know - or believe - or do. If you were of Him you would do all 3 of those.

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
tell us what it means, thanks.

Ephesians 5:21-27 says nothing of the sort. Your imaginations are one thing; the actual text is another.

The Good News is ultimately the man himself, Jesus Christ, and for us to be conformed to the image of God's son.
i am sorry if you fail to understand this mystery. thanks.

eph5: 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

if you do not agree, why not post your version of the gospel.
Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. (1 Cor. 15:1–9)

Will that do? Not much about the church, though, apart from some church members being witnesses to His resurrection.

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. (1 Cor. 15:1–9)

Will that do? Not much about the church, though, apart from some church members being witnesses to His resurrection.

That's a good passage but this passage is often cited as if it was a thorough depiction of Paul's Gospel. It was not so intended and it is contextually clear that these particular things were stated by Paul because he is preparing to speak to the Corinthians about the resurrection of the body. Paul said a lot of other things that are part of His Gospel. Take Romans 2:5-16 for example.

That's a good passage but this passage is often cited as if it was a thorough depiction of Paul's Gospel. It was not so intended and it is contextually clear that these particular things were stated by Paul because he is preparing to speak to the Corinthians about the resurrection of the body. Paul said a lot of other things that are part of His Gospel. Take Romans 2:5-16 for example.
Well, he does not actually write that Rom. 2:5–16 is the gospel or even part of the gospel. I have this nagging feeling that you are about to say that the gospel is "more" than about the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, that it is also about the "potential" of change and reaching sinless perfection in this life. If I read way too much into what you write, I will unreservedly apologize. If I am on the right track, suffice to say that I will not follow along down that road. But before we further interact with each other, I need to ask you about your denominational affiliation.

Well, he does not actually write that Rom. 2:5–16 is the gospel or even part of the gospel. I have this nagging feeling that you are about to say that the gospel is "more" than about the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, that it is also about the "potential" of change and reaching sinless perfection in this life. If I read way too much into what you write, I will unreservedly apologize. If I am on the right track, suffice to say that I will not follow along down that road. But before we further interact with each other, I need to ask you about your denominational affiliation.
I would like to know about his affiliation, also and to explain or point us the proper forum here on CARM where this is discussed:
There is only one true God: Jesus Christ's God. Do you understand the implications of this fact?

just a few verses from paul's letter to the corinthians will not necessarily give us an idea of what the gospel really is all about. there are many teachings that paul mention in his letter to the corinthians if we take the time to read it in its entirety. i would say from the verses you mentioned, paul reiterates the doctrine of the resurrection of the bodies of the dead.

just a few verses from paul's letter to the corinthians will not necessarily give us an idea of what the gospel really is all about. there are many teachings that paul mention in his letter to the corinthians if we take the time to read it in its entirety. i would say from the verses you mentioned, paul reiterates the doctrine of the resurrection of the bodies of the dead.
maybe try to read at least 4 verses and understand them. 1 Cor 15.1-4

Back