"Where was your Church before Luther?"

So you became a member of the body of Christ. Praise the Lord for His Ekklesia.

To hell with denominations. When you go up the tags fall off, when you go down they burn off.
That could happen.
Where do you think division in the Body of Christ comes from?

Jesus's words are the words of God and Jesus clearly said to his disciples that whoever listens to you listens to me.
YOU SAID

The Pope/Magisterium are as authoritative as the words of God

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. -Psalm 119:89

I, the Lord, speak the truth;
I declare what is right. -ISAIAH 45

God is bound by what His word declares:
God is not bound by what the Church declares.

Who do you think he gave authority to? Did he give authority to anyone to settle issues concerning the Christian faith?
Well let me see show me where he gave it to rapists, paedophiles, those who bless pagan idols, harm the sheep, enjoy orgies, teach false doctrines then you might have a case for your rcc false claims

What I suspected from the beginning was that you had sourced a cherry picked sentence (from Chapter 32) taken out of the context of the whole letter. If you access the whole letter you'll find it goes on to behoove us to (Chapter 33) Let Us Not Give Up the Practice of Good Works and Love and (Chapter 34) Great is the Reward of Good Works with God. Joined Together in Harmony, Let Us Implore that Reward from Him.

Those verses of the letter you cite, explain perfectly Catholic teaching on faith and works.
Luther would agree with that.

Back