Another Gospel ?

Your attempts to goad us into judging you will not work. We're not into usurping God's authority as you are advocating and encouraging. Last time I checked I do not possess the ability to look into a person's heart and see if he's saved or not. Calvinism might have that capability, which explains your enthusiasm, but we do not.

Is it "judging" to know that Mormons are not saved?
Is it "judging" to know that JW's aren't saved?
Is it "judging" to know that Muslims are not saved?

Maybe you are one of the more charitable types, but many Arminians have no qualms about "judging" Calvinists as on a one-way road to hell.

But I ask you, if people such as the OP think we're saved, why does he accuse us of having "another gospel"? Can one be saved with "another gospel"?

Excellent point by Dr. Michael Brown when debating Dr. James White.. what is the point in evangelizing all of mankind

Well, there are MANY reasons for proclaiming the gospel to all of mankind:

1) It glorifies God;
2) It is the means by which God draws the elect to Himsefl;
3) We are commanded to do so;
4) Jesus is our Lord, and we obey Him;

You seem to be arguing that it's okay to disobey God if we think there's a good reason for doing so.

telling them that Jesus died for you if He only died for a few.. that is "the elect"?

Neither Jesus nor ANY of the Apostles taught that we were to go up to strangers and tell them, "Jesus died for YOU!". So why do you do something that Jesus NEVER taught us to do?

I'd give you a C minus on that statement. Yes we can agree certain or some Calvinist love God. We can agree some or many do obey God. You cannot however make a blank statement and say YOU KNOW all Calvinist preach the gospel no matter what. You're not God. Are you in contact with thousands and thousands of people who hold your view and KNOW what they're doing? Of course not. My statement was and is valid. It can be very, very easy for Calvinist to say I never preached the gospel but because I didn't it must have been the will of God for me not to. After all ALL is ordained! You can stonewall the statement but everyone knows a Calvinist mind could gravitate towards that type of thinking and have their WCF confession backing them up.

Yup, being born to not be is a bit of head scratcher.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that you may not be judged.
Luk 6:37 Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.
Rom 2:1 Therefore you are without excuse, O man, everyone who judges; for in that in which you judge another, you condemn yourself, for you who judge do the same things.
Rom 14:13 Then let us not judge one another any more, but rather judge this, not to put a stumbling-block or an offense toward his brother.
James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you who judges another?

We do not judge people's spiritual status least we be judged.
What we are to be is wise as serpents and harmless as doves when it comes to the truth. That's why we're relentless in its pursuit.
You judge all the time, Synergy.

You're conflating being wise as serpents with judging. We are wise as serpents when it comes to discerning the truth ...
Ahhh.

but we never judge another's spiritual status.
Sure you do if you're preaching the Gospel.

Far be it for me to judge whether a Calvinist is saved or not despite Theo's taunting us to do so.
You said you were wise in discerning truth. FYI, you're not wise at all about scriptural truth if you can't judge whether Calvinists are saved or not. ?

Last edited:
You're conflating being wise as serpents with judging. We are wise as serpents when it comes to discerning the truth but we never judge another's spiritual status. Far be it for me to judge whether a Calvinist is saved or not despite Theo's taunting us to do so.

So do you believe Muslims are saved?
Amazing!

So do you believe Muslims are saved?
Amazing!
Muslims are light years away from the truth. They have totally misrepresented Jesus, torn up the Bible, and have wrongly elevated possessed Muhammed to ultimate and final prophet status. I'm not blind to all that but the Bible tells me repeatedly not to judge or condemn others. You possess the free will to condemn them but never tell me I never warned you about what the Bible says about condemning others.

I like these sections of Scripture to articulate the Gospel.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Matthew 1:21 KJV

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Romans 5:19 KJV

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1 Corinthians 15:3‭-‬4 KJV

I always like to ask those who claim to be Christian what according to the Scriptures means. I believe it refers to the old testament Scriptures. I don't hear the Gospel being preached often from the old testament...

I would define another gospel as anything that adds conditions on the sinner for Salvation, to add/subtract from the work of Christ on Calvary. This would include good works(circumcision), faith, repentance etc.

Muslims are light years away from the truth. They have totally misrepresented Jesus, torn up the Bible, and have wrongly elevated possessed Muhammed to ultimate and final prophet status. I'm not blind to all that but the Bible tells me repeatedly not to judge or condemn others. You possess the free will to condemn them but never tell me I never warned you about what the Bible says about condemning others.
John says they are condemned already. Did you warn him as well?

The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of our salvation.

The gospel is a message of grace that is to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. Salvation by works is "another gospel." (Galatians 1:6-9)

John says they are condemned already. Did you warn him as well?
That is the inspired word of God you're talking about. I have no problem quoting it and warning others about what it says but in no way do I elevate my thoughts up to the level of the Judgment Seat of Christ by condemning others. You possess the free will to judge people but never tell me I never warned you about what the Bible says about judging others.

That is the inspired word of God you're talking about. I have no problem quoting it and warning others about what it says but in no way do I elevate my thoughts up to the level of the Judgment Seat of Christ by condemning others. You possess the free will to judge people but never tell me I never warned you about what the Bible says about judging others.
Okay. I wont. LOL

The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of our salvation.

The gospel is a message of grace that is to be received through faith. The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. Salvation by works is "another gospel." (Galatians 1:6-9)
First of all, nobody around here is a Sola Works proponent.
Second of all, how does your gospel line up with the following preordained justifying good works verses from James and Paul:

James 2:24 You see then how a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
Rom 2:7 indeed to those who with patience in good work are seeking for glory, and honor, and incorruptibility, everlasting life.

First of all, nobody around here is a Sola Works proponent.
Second of all, how does your gospel line up with the following preordained justifying good works verses from James and Paul:

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Eph 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
Rom 2:7 indeed to those who with patience in good work are seeking for glory, and honor, and incorruptibility, everlasting life.
The context of James indicates this is a justification before men and not before God. God declared righteous those in Christ when Jesus cried "It is finished!".

The idea that works are involved in justification is from Canon 9 and 11 from the council of Trent. Are you Roman Catholic?

Canon 9.
If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.

Canon 11.
If anyone says that men are justified either by the sole imputation of the justice of Christ or by the sole remission of sins, to the exclusion of the grace and the charity which is poured forth in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, and remains in them, or also that the grace by which we are justified is only the good will of God let him be anathema.

The context of James indicates this is a justification before men and not before God.
Let's see how much you believe that theory. Go ahead and justify your works before us. You have the entire internet as your witness.
God declared righteous those in Christ when Jesus cried "It is finished!".
and those who do God's preordained good works are not in Christ? Seriously?
The idea that works are involved in justification is from Canon 9 and 11 from the council of Trent. Are you Roman Catholic?
No, I am not and never been a Roman Catholic - just a Bible believer, no matter where it takes me.
Canon 9.
If anyone says that the sinner is justified by faith alone, meaning that nothing else is required to cooperate in order to obtain the grace of justification, and that it is not in any way necessary that he be prepared and disposed by the action of his own will, let him be anathema.

Canon 11.
If anyone says that men are justified either by the sole imputation of the justice of Christ or by the sole remission of sins, to the exclusion of the grace and the charity which is poured forth in their hearts by the Holy Ghost, and remains in them, or also that the grace by which we are justified is only the good will of God let him be anathema.
Evidently, you know much more about Catholicism than I do.

Now back to my question which you conveniently dodged: How does your gospel line up with the following preordained justifying good works verses from James and Paul:

Muslims are light years away from the truth. They have totally misrepresented Jesus, torn up the Bible, and have wrongly elevated possessed Muhammed to ultimate and final prophet status.
That's a judgement and a condemnation.

Back