Another Gospel ?

Finally! We are talking about some real Good things. Here at CARM, Hebrews is a much ignored Epistle...

All Scripture is Good for Doctrine. ****ing Contests wash away a the sidewalk chalk of a good discussion. It's a method of blocking the Method of Argumentation...
It's my favorite book I believe. Especially chapters 7-11.

1. Messiah died for our sins according to the Scriptures
2. He was buried (He actually died)
3. Messiah was risen after 3 days according to the Scriptures

have a change of mind and believe the gospel
(if you don't believe Jesus you don't believe Moses and the Prophets)
this seems like a Message most specific to Mosaic covenant Jews
with some knowledge of God, false gods, and God's holiness

1) God is holy;
2) Man is a sinner;
3) The wages of sin is death.
4) God sent his son to atone for sin.
5) If you believe in Jesus, you will be saved.
everything Here is certainly true, and I wasn't disagreeing with any of it

how do you think the Message is best presented to those not from the background above?
or from Atheistic or Agnostic viewpoints (this growing in our Culture, and I think a focus brewing of "We can become gods ourselves")

everything Here is certainly true, and I wasn't disagreeing with any of it

how do you think the Message is best presented to those not from the background above?
or from Atheistic or Agnostic viewpoints (this growing in our Culture, and I think a focus brewing of "We can become gods ourselves")

How do I think the message is best presented to those other groups?
Like this:

1) God is holy;
2) Man is a sinner;
3) The wages of sin is death.
4) God sent his son to atone for sin.
5) If you believe in Jesus, you will be saved.

I would define another gospel as anything that adds conditions on the sinner for Salvation, to add/subtract from the work of Christ on Calvary. This would include good works(circumcision), faith, repentance etc.
I agree with everything but faith being described as another gospel that is if you believe what Jesus taught.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:28 - Then said they unto him, What shall we do,that we might work the worksof God?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:29 - Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Jesus said a work (singular) was required which is believing whom God sent I.e. Jesus.

Galatians 1:6-9
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

Galatians 3:1
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified.

Expositor's Greek Testament
Galatians 1:6-9. THE APOSTLE EXPRESSES SURPRISE AT THE SUDDEN DEFECTION OF HIS CONVERTS FROM THE ONLY TRUE GOSPEL, AND PRONOUNCES ANATHEMAS ON ALL PERVERTERS OF THE TRUTH.—Paul is evidently startled at the tidings of a sudden revolution in Galatian feeling. His intense indignation is evinced by the vehemence of his language and the solemnity of his anathema. There could be but one true Gospel; this new doctrine was no Gospel at all, but only a heretical perversion of the truth by foreign agitators.

What is the True Gospel ?

What is a false gospel ?

Have you been bewitched ?

Lets discuss.............

hope this helps !!!
The gospel is simply this. Jesus took our place. There is nothing we can do for ourselves. No works can save us. It is solely Christ and Christ alone. Hence "You foolish Galations! Who has bewitched you? Before you very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified." In the case of CARM, the other gospel was those pushing for anything other than penal substitutionary atonement. That doesn't mean the other so called theories are wrong, but PSA is the heart. Jesus took the penalty of believers, His sheep, and paid for it in their place. And in response, the Father blessed HIs Son beyond measure.

There is no choice. There are no works. The gospel is solely, Christ and Christ crucified. To add anything to that (you have to choose to accept), or works (choose to accept), is to pervert the gospel message, which, once again Paul says is... Christ and Christ crucified, which Paul clearly portrayed to the Galatians.

I agree with everything but faith being described as another gospel that is if you believe what Jesus taught.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:28 - Then said they unto him, What shall we do,that we might work the worksof God?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:29 - Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
Jesus said a work (singular) was required which is believing whom God sent I.e. Jesus.
It is the work of God that we believe, not the work of man. You've turned that into a work of man, instead of the work of God. We believe only via the same power that raised Christ from the dead; Ephesians 1:19ff.

All that said, I await others to take this glorious truth away from God and grant it to themselves.

Unchecked Copy Box

Unchecked Copy Box
Yes faith is a work of God.

Back