10 Commandments in Schools

You are talking about a bible story told in all 4 Gospels, but no two tell the same story.

In any case, this event is not substantiated by evidence outside scripture.
So if you believe if there arefour witnesees to one event, all four witnesses to one event, there will be no differences in their stories? You want me to believe that.

there are no contradictions in the four accounts, just different recollections on a complicated series of events.

The bottom line is that the resurrection is a religious belief that has not and cannot be confirmed as historical fact.
In other words you cannot prove it did not happen, so you throw up your hands and classify it with one of your favorite pejoratives.

Plenty of evidence exists that Jesus was killed and authorities could not produce the body

The bottom line is that the resurrection is a religious belief that has not and cannot be confirmed as historical fact.
And history cannot prove it did nof happen, so it is an open question. Events of history are argued all the time.

More manuscripts, more earlier manuscripts to the original and more accurately copied manuscripts than from any other writing from the ancient world.
If one were to reject what the New Testament affirms then all other historical books of antiquity would also be swept away.

So. The question remains, why would you expect the authorities to produce a body they did not have possession of?
Because they had the power and could investigate and find where the body was moved. It was in their best interest to produce the body.

Yep...making you pause to wonder why a day of deliberate rest would improve health...

I heard that in SDAism.

It's a "shadow". Col 2, Hebrews 10.

"Come unto me, all ye labouring and burdened ones, and I will give you rest" Matt 11

We who have believed enter that rest.... Hebrews 4

...and why it's easier to imagine God in our neighbor than in the clay we form with our own hands...The 10 Commandments are meant to engender reflection,

Paul called them "the ministry of death". 2 Cor 3
not to triumphally invade the rabid pagans' space. But reflection is deliberately eschewed for the narrative in today's state schools...and there is no higher authority than the state that enforces the narrative.

Correct. By the time of Justin Martyr, this had been solidly in place for a while. And it likely dates back to what we read in the New Testament.

Sure they do.

It's not really "my" interpretation. I didn't invent this.

And you share the opinion of what it "looks like" and are posting it here.

Back