Biblical Hebrew

GOD created several heavens: the 1st, 2nd, 3rd heavens, and the heaven of the heavens. But how GOD makes His heavens? Only He can answer, I believe He revealed this to the prophet Isaiah: Isaiah 51:v16KJV.

Isaiah 51:16 is incorrectly translated in the King James,

לנטע שמים to spread out the heavens (στορνύναι τὸν οὐρανὸν)
ליסד ארץ to plant the earth (κτίζειν τὴν γῆν)

These verbs are infinitives.

Most likely! Earth is stationary and is enclosed. The space must be till the enclosure.

It's NASA which has faked moon landing Antarctica is deliberately made inaccessible for general people so that we believe NASA's propagated lies. All governments of the world have got together to sell this lie just as the virus lie.

Believe the scriptures! I've seen so many Christians trying to explain away scriptures saying the Bible is not a science book. There cannot be Aliens.

Ps 104: 5 He laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be moved forever.
19 He appointed the moon for seasons. The sun knows when to set
Isaiah 40 - GOD said : - I confirm what He said, as it is written: -
21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isaiah 51:16 is incorrectly translated in the King James,

לנטע שמים to spread out the heavens (στορνύναι τὸν οὐρανὸν)
ליסד ארץ to plant the earth (κτίζειν τὴν γῆν)

These verbs are infinitives.
Isaiah 51:v.16 - And I placed My words into your mouth, and with the shadow of My hand I covered you, to plant the heavens and to found the earth and to say to Zion [that] you are My people. טזוָֽאָשִׂ֚ים דְּבָרַי֙ בְּפִ֔יךָ וּבְצֵ֥ל יָדִ֖י כִּסִּיתִ֑יךָ לִנְטֹ֚עַ שָׁמַ֙יִם֙ וְלִיסֹ֣ד אָ֔רֶץ וְלֵאמֹ֥ר לְצִיּ֖וֹן עַמִּי־אָֽתָּה:

Very interesting. JESUS said: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in GOD, believe also in me. John 14:v.1-2KJV

Many abodes.

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.

Many abodes.

If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.
Christ as a son over His own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

Christ as a son over His own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

That's right.

Most likely! Earth is stationary and is enclosed. The space must be till the enclosure.

It's NASA which has faked moon landing Antarctica is deliberately made inaccessible for general people so that we believe NASA's propagated lies. All governments of the world have got together to sell this lie just as the virus lie.

Believe the scriptures! I've seen so many Christians trying to explain away scriptures saying the Bible is not a science book. There cannot be Aliens.

Ps 104: 5 He laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be moved forever.
19 He appointed the moon for seasons. The sun knows when to set

When I read the phrase "foundations of the earth", I do not imagine these "foundations" as pillars that hold the circle of a flat earth under a firmament. I understand these "foundations" ( מָכוֹן ) as ---> Ptable

___

Isaiah 40 - GOD said : - I confirm what He said, as it is written: -
21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isaiah 40:22 - He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth (הישב על־חוג הארץ)

κύκλος חוג

Josephus - Antiquities of the Jews, 1.38
Now the garden was watered by one river, which ran round about the whole earth
-- ἄρδεται δ᾽οὗτος κῆπος ὑπὸ ἑνὸς ποταμοῦ πᾶσαν ἐν κύκλῳ τὴν γῆν περιρρέοντος

κύκλος
a wheel,
2.a place of assembly, the ἀγορά, id=Il., attic:—then, like Lat. corona, a ring or circle of people, Soph., Xen.
the vault of the sky, Hdt., Soph., etc.
4.the orb or disk of the sun and moon, Hdt., Trag.
the wall round a city, esp. round Athens, Hdt., Thuc., etc.
6.a round shield, v. supr. 1. 1.
7.in pl. the eye-balls, eyes, Soph.:—rarely in sg., the eye

Also in Isaiah 40:22, כדק means ὡς ψεκάδα "like drops of rain"

When I read the phrase "foundations of the earth", I do not imagine these "foundations" as pillars that hold the circle of a flat earth under a firmament. I understand these "foundations" ( מָכוֹן ) as ---> Ptable

___
Then you don't believe scriptures but a science derived by man.

The sun knows it's going down - shows very clearly that God's command is on the sun to rise and set. There is no command anywhere in the Bible for the earth to rotate or to stop rotating or rotate backwards for the sake of Hezekiah, the king of Judah.

These satanic scientists tell us that the earth rotates at about 1000 km/hr. Just imagine with this momentum God making the sun backward by 10° on the sundial would mean a disaster because He would have to reverse the rotation of the earth for a while.

It shows you don't believe in scriptures.

Gen 1:
14 God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs to mark seasons, days, and years;

15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth;” and it was so.

It's not a solar system with planets going around the sun as the luminaries are created to give light to the Earth.

It's also a spiritual picture of Christ being the Light of the world.

Mal 4:2 But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall.

Rev 22:16 I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Bible makes it clear that it's Geocentric earth and not Heliocentric. All God's creation and salvation is on the basis of Geocentric earth.

So people use the King James translation, which is mostly incorrect, to support the flat-earth.

Job 26:11
עמודי שמים the dwelling places of heaven

Job 37:18
שחקים droplets of rain, drizzling rain
מוצק that which is poured, stream, of water, of molten metal
ראי copper ore, or copper made from it
The earth is not a rotating globe but is flat as a disc/circle.

I suggest you read 200 proofs of this by visiting:

www.theatlanteanconspiracy.com

....but I do believe scripture. Scripture says:

"The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." (Proverbs 4:7, NIV)

This applies to everyone.

The sun knows it's going down - shows very clearly that God's command is on the sun to rise and set. There is no command anywhere in the Bible for the earth to rotate or to stop rotating or rotate backwards for the sake of Hezekiah, the king of Judah.

These satanic scientists tell us that the earth rotates at about 1000 km/hr. Just imagine with this momentum God making the sun backward by 10° on the sundial would mean a disaster because He would have to reverse the rotation of the earth for a while.

...but I do believe in scripture and scripture tells us that:

"
The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky displays his handiwork.
Day after day it speaks out; night after night it reveals his greatness.
There is no actual speech or word, nor is its voice literally heard.
" (Psalm 19:1-3, NIV)

After observing the heavens and their declaration of the Glory of God, Isaac Newton asked and answered the question: Does the moon fall?

The answer is yes.

Gen 1:
14 God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs to mark seasons, days, and years;

15 and let them be for lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth;” and it was so.

It's not a solar system with planets going around the sun as the luminaries are created to give light to the Earth.

Yep - we can see many, many lights in the expanse of the sky. --- more? ----> see this

It's also a spiritual picture of Christ being the Light of the world.

Mal 4:2 But to you who fear my name shall the sun of righteousness arise with healing in its wings. You will go out, and leap like calves of the stall.

Here the word "sun" is a metaphor. We know this because of what Jesus said:

"Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long, and you have not known me, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? (John 14:9, NET)

Rev 22:16 I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to testify these things to you for the assemblies. I am the root and the offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Jesus is also called the Lion of the tribe of Judah. (Revelation 5:5)

Bible makes it clear that it's Geocentric earth and not Heliocentric. All God's creation and salvation is on the basis of Geocentric earth.

I can't disagree more. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

Concerning salvation, geocentrism or heliocentrism are meaningless.

Please note this thread is intended for discussions about biblical Hebrew. (Geocentrism and Heliocentrism is best discussed on the Astronomy forum. )
____

Isaiah 40:22 - He that sitteth upon the circle of the earth (הישב על־חוג הארץ)

κύκλος חוג

Josephus - Antiquities of the Jews, 1.38
Now the garden was watered by one river, which ran round about the whole earth
-- ἄρδεται δ᾽οὗτος κῆπος ὑπὸ ἑνὸς ποταμοῦ πᾶσαν ἐν κύκλῳ τὴν γῆν περιρρέοντος

κύκλος
a wheel,
2.a place of assembly, the ἀγορά, id=Il., attic:—then, like Lat. corona, a ring or circle of people, Soph., Xen.
the vault of the sky, Hdt., Soph., etc.
4.the orb or disk of the sun and moon, Hdt., Trag.
the wall round a city, esp. round Athens, Hdt., Thuc., etc.
6.a round shield, v. supr. 1. 1.
7.in pl. the eye-balls, eyes, Soph.:—rarely in sg., the eye

Also in Isaiah 40:22, כדק means ὡς ψεκάδα "like drops of rain"
For the people of GOD, the true believers in JESUS, the body of Christ here, what Josephus said and have written is good for nothing, it's chaff. For us the most interesting point is that around 700 or 750 years B.C. the Word of GOD - the Word is GOD - revealed and still reveals that Earth was/is round. Men discovered by evidences that the Earth is round only 500 years ago, around 1500 AD. What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD-the Word is GOD, understand?

Isaiah 40:v. 22 - It is He Who sits above the circle of the earth, and whose inhabitants are like grasshoppers, who stretches out the heaven like a CURTAIN, and He -GOD- spread them out like a TENT to dwell.כבהַיּשֵׁב֙ עַל־ח֣וּג הָאָ֔רֶץ וְיֹֽשְׁבֶ֖יהָ כַּֽחֲגָבִ֑ים הַנּוֹטֶ֚ה כַדֹּק֙ שָׁמַ֔יִם וַיִּמְתָּחֵ֥ם כָּאֹ֖הֶל לָשָֽׁבֶת:

Good post. What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD.
We know that we are of GOD, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of GOD is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is true, and we are in Him that is true, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true GOD, and eternal life.

Colossians 2:v.1-4
1 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;

2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of GOD, and of the Father, and of Christ;

3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.(science)

4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.

"The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." (Proverbs 4:7, NIV)

What prevails is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD.

What does the Word of GOD say to the true believers in Christ JESUS, the body of Christ here?

Proverbs 4:v.7 and 11-15
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
11 I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.
14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

Proverbs 9:v.10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy is understanding.

1 Kings 4:v. 30-31
30 And Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.
31 For he was wiser than all men; than Ethan the Ezrahite, and Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda, the sons of Mahol: and his fame was in all nations round about.
Psalm 111:v. 10 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

For the people of GOD, the true believers in JESUS, the body of Christ here, what Josephus said and have written is good for nothing, it's chaff. For us the most interesting point is that around 700 or 750 years B.C. the Word of GOD - the Word is GOD - revealed and still reveals that Earth was/is round. Men discovered by evidences that the Earth is round only 500 years ago, around 1500 AD. What matters and prevails is the Word of GOD-the Word is GOD, understand?

Isaiah 40:v. 22 - It is He Who sits above the circle of the earth, and whose inhabitants are like grasshoppers, who stretches out the heaven like a CURTAIN, and He -GOD- spread them out like a TENT to dwell.כבהַיּשֵׁב֙ עַל־ח֣וּג הָאָ֔רֶץ וְיֹֽשְׁבֶ֖יהָ כַּֽחֲגָבִ֑ים הַנּוֹטֶ֚ה כַדֹּק֙ שָׁמַ֔יִם וַיִּמְתָּחֵ֥ם כָּאֹ֖הֶל לָשָֽׁבֶת:

Book of Isaiah was not written around 700 or 750 years BCE, it would have being written after Ctesias (fifth century BCE), the court historian of Artaxerxes II, who wrote a history of Assyria.

...but I do believe in scripture and scripture tells us that:

"
The heavens declare the glory of God; the sky displays his handiwork.
Day after day it speaks out; night after night it reveals his greatness.
There is no actual speech or word, nor is its voice literally heard.
" (Psalm 19:1-3, NIV)

After observing the heavens and their declaration of the Glory of God, Isaac Newton asked and answered the question: Does the moon fall?

The answer is yes.

Yep - we can see many, many lights in the expanse of the sky. --- more? ----> see this

Here the word "sun" is a metaphor. We know this because of what Jesus said:

"Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long, and you have not known me, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? (John 14:9, NET)

Jesus is also called the Lion of the tribe of Judah. (Revelation 5:5)

I can't disagree more. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

Concerning salvation, geocentrism or heliocentrism are meaningless.

Please note this thread is intended for discussions about biblical Hebrew. (Geocentrism and Heliocentrism is best discussed on the Astronomy forum. )
____
Geocentrism is an important issue and not unimportant.

Do you believe the age of the earth is millions or billions of years? Do you believe in a big bang theory and theory of evolution? True Christians don't. They believe in creation and salvation embedded in the first natural creation by God. That's very important issue unless one is ignorant.

Gen 1:
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

What's the Light and darkness?

Research or blindly believe false science. For you it's not important but for true Christians it does matter. I would want to end here on this topic. I responded because it was you or someone posted NASA's photoshop image of the earth

The ancient near eastern authors of Genesis 1 didn't have a NASA telescope, or knew about the age of the earth. What matters is how those ancient near eastern people understood it, not how Americans understand it.

Book of Isaiah was not written around 700 or 750 years BCE, it would have being written after Ctesias (fifth century BCE), the court historian of Artaxerxes II, who wrote a history of Assyria.
Friend, what matters and prevails is the time GOD revealed His Word to Isaiah, not time after when the book was written as you said((fifth century BCE). Birth of Isaiah - 8th century BC - Death 7th century BC.

Isaiah 1

1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken; (yeah, THE LORD HAS SPOKEN- THE WORD IS GOD) Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
Why should ye be stricken any more?

The Word is GOD, the Word is from everlasting to everlasting,
but the words above GOD would manifest them to Isaiah around 2750 years ago. See, GOD - the Word - in His Omniscience already knew previously that when the rebellious people of Israel, descendants of Abraham, arrived in that space of time, in the time of Uzziah, and Ahaz, and Hezekiah, they would be a sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters, as they still are today. Simultaneously, in the same period of time, the Word- GOD - made be born a special MAN -Isaiah - that means The Lord is Salvation - to preach these words revealed to him from the Word-GOD-, that is from heaven.

Be careful and get ready, because the ETERNAL PUNISHMENT of the wicked nations just started and it WILL NEVER END, but never, for everlasting time. Woe of the inhabitants of the earth, the great day of GOD's wrath is come, that is the seventh and last Day, the Lord's Day, or seventh and last millennium.

Many abodes.

Father's house is taken from the analogy of The Temple in Jerusalem in which there were many chambers. One needs to read about The Temple built by Solomon in the OT.

Yeshua almost always used earthly examples to drive heavenly examples.

Back